Default Best of the 1980s?

OK I'm curious. What do people think are the best stories, arcs, titles, series, etc., of the 1980s? I pretty much missed the decade and wouldn't mind catching up a bit.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

For the Man Who Has Everything was a cool one. It was before COIE and it was all about how Superman could be tempted with the illusion that Krypton was never destroyed. Plus that villain Mongul was a badass who couldn't get beat by Superman in that story as well. Just passing a recommendation from another friend who recommended this one.

Well, there are a few really big stories from the 80's. "What Ever Happened to The Man of Tomorrow" and "For the Man Who Has Everything" are probably the two biggest, and great reads. This was also during the big reboot from Crisis. So "The Man of Steel" by Byrne in the 80's was the basis for Superman going forward. You may want to check that one out. There are a few others goodies in there like "The Jungle Line" and "The Secret Gets Out". I forget the issues they were. You can actually find trades by decade too, like "Superman in the 80's" which is a a kind of best of book. You can also check out some of the artist collections like Adventures of Superman by Jose Garcia Lopez or by Gil Kane.

Man of Steel
    The first year, or so of Byrne's Superman book
    Marv Wolfman had some decent Superman stories

Thanks, all. I'm gonna start with Man of Steel.