Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102
  1. #1
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,683

    Post X-Men and Inhumans Go To War In Death of X

    Writers Charles Soule and Jeff Lemire prepare to reveal exactly what Cyclops did to spark a mutant/Inhuman rift.

    Full article here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    3,715

    Default

    I'm really glad to hear that Crystal is playing a big part on the Inhuman side. Honestly, we haven't seen enough of her recently (sort of how people are feeling about Emma Frost I assume XD).

    I have to say that I don't like the idea of these two groups fighting, but with a creative team like this I am REALLY excited about this.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast - Episode 45 is live! In it we Discuss Lockjaw, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Marvel Rising #0!
    Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter!
    Pull List:
    Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, Marvel Rising, Death of the Inhumans, The Life of Captain Marvel, Jessica Jones, Spidergeddon, Spider-Force

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    2017 will be another great year for fans of the X-mens still attached to the Inhumans and the original super plot of another mutant extinction . Well at least we will know what Cyclops did to be hated more than BB and genociders Inhumans.


    Fans of the Inhumans be prepared with the death of Cyclops the feud will only increase.


    It seems that will be the Human Torch who will negotiate a ceasefire between Inhumans and Mutants after Death of X.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Disclosure: I'm a big Inhumans fan and I'm a big old-school X-Men fan. Cyclops is towards the top of my favorite X-characters. Given that, I'm a bit worried here where they're going to go. I had hopes when they seemed to hint earlier that our expectations might be wrong, which led me to think that maybe Cyclops didn't do what people thought he did. This suggests the opposite that it was apparently really shitty.

    I'm not opposed to Cyclops going down a dark path. I think it fits well within the framework he was established in. But I guess I was hoping they'd go somewhere else.

    That being said, I'm really excited for this. I think it's going to be a fun story.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    NY, Bronx
    Posts
    681

    Default

    From the looks of the interview it does look like the writers are enjoying themselves and are excited about this. And its cool to hear that Emma is one of Soule's favorites and to hear that she's going to play a big part in Death of X and beyond is nice. Hopefully she doesn't turn evil. I also like that some minor and missing mutants are going to show up too, hopefully they won't be there just to die. From the sound of it both writers put a lot of work in both Death of X and Inhumans VS X-men so I hope it turns out good. I was excited for this event before this interview but was a little nervous about how it will turn out. I'm still slightly nervous about the out come but I am much more confident that I will probably enjoy the book.

  6. #6
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,730

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    2017 will be another great year for fans of the X-mens still attached to the Inhumans and the original super plot of another mutant extinction . Well at least we will know what Cyclops did to be hated more than BB and genociders Inhumans.

    Fans of the Inhumans be prepared with the death of Cyclops the feud will only increase.

    It seems that will be the Human Torch who will negotiate a ceasefire between Inhumans and Mutants after Death of X.
    I am Preparing for very little of the Feuds, neither one side of the spectrum are Genociders nor is the other sides leader a Mini-Hitler like Marvel tried to say, it is just silly nonsense in the end that divides us for no achievable reasons then we make ourselves feel better about whatever side we are suppose to take in the coming mess. NONE of use should want it or berate the characters on the other side in ways to Foil our Favs in hopes of little, non-important My Side is Right Argument when some-many character will end up dead with No side winning anything.

    What is more important is YEA, Both Mutants and Inhumans should be attached to the Hip, it is the only way to fix the Problems then both currently are in. Divided or Separating them as a for of pleasing fans is not right, this is a shared universe, a shared earth they everyone has a stake in. X-Men and Mutants can't just go to one side and just hope that makes sense in a shared world. Mutants and Inhumans SHOULD care about one another, divided over each other cause of genes is Wrong!

    Uniting is the BEST thing I want to see, no Foil of one side to make another look better. The Good and the Bad, the strengths and the weaknesses of each character, mutant or inhuman is showed and threw that we get character and socialistic developments that CAN'T be achieve by being separate.

    That is what we should all Want, otherwise what is the point of a Shared Universe?!

    Might as well make multiple dimensions for each to live on and that would not work for long.
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!

    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,795

    Default

    I don't get why people feel that Cyclops is getting mischaracterized. He's been molded into a leader that will do anything to keep his race from extinction. He even assembled a strike force for Pete's sake. He leads a revolution, the whole Phoenix egg fiasco, Secret Wars, declaring mutants to be superior and everything. This seems like natural progression for Cyclops (or like I like to call, Right!Clops)

  8. #8
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Remember when comic books used to have villains in them? *shrug*
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Remember when comic books used to have villains in them? *shrug*
    *cough cough* Civil War II: Kingpin *cough cough*

    *cough cough* literally the latest issues of all the X-Men team comics *cough cough*

  10. #10
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Remember when comic books used to have villains in them? *shrug*
    WHAT NONESNSE are You Spinning to the Children of the World JoeWithoutFear, Villians as the foes of heroes, such a rebellious imagination!

    Next you will be saying that Heroes should stop spilling each others blood to prove who is right and Unite and Use their common sense to solve their problems! The world is of no need for such rebellious views my friend.
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!

    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  11. #11
    Fantastic Member WaxHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    323

    Default

    This looks like another one of those events where 'heroes' make blatantly and obviously stupid decisions to further the plot (ala Civil War 2).

    Wouldn't the obvious thing in this situation be for the Inhumans and Mutants to work together?

    I get that many readers enjoy these types of stories but it is not something I'm interested in reading.

  12. #12
    Bad Guy CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Ugly Arizona
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am Preparing for very little of the Feuds, neither one side of the spectrum are Genociders nor is the other sides leader a Mini-Hitler like Marvel tried to say, it is just silly nonsense in the end that divides us for no achievable reasons then we make ourselves feel better about whatever side we are suppose to take in the coming mess. NONE of use should want it or berate the characters on the other side in ways to Foil our Favs in hopes of little, non-important My Side is Right Argument when some-many character will end up dead with No side winning anything.

    What is more important is YEA, Both Mutants and Inhumans should be attached to the Hip, it is the only way to fix the Problems then both currently are in. Divided or Separating them as a for of pleasing fans is not right, this is a shared universe, a shared earth they everyone has a stake in. X-Men and Mutants can't just go to one side and just hope that makes sense in a shared world. Mutants and Inhumans SHOULD care about one another, divided over each other cause of genes is Wrong!

    Uniting is the BEST thing I want to see, no Foil of one side to make another look better. The Good and the Bad, the strengths and the weaknesses of each character, mutant or inhuman is showed and threw that we get character and socialistic developments that CAN'T be achieve by being separate.

    That is what we should all Want, otherwise what is the point of a Shared Universe?!

    Might as well make multiple dimensions for each to live on and that would not work for long.
    Kinda hard to unite with a group failing to contain their cloud of death that was unleashed with no regards for mutant or human life by their silly former king.

    Terrigen is their thing and they've yet to come up with a way to contain it or even cure it's effects on mutants and incompatible Inhumans. None of that stuff really seems to be at the top of their to do list either. Which is completely in character for them being that they're isolationists and whatnot.

    I can't wait till the mutants learn who dropped the bomb. That'll be a shitstorm for the ages because Medusa isn't gonna let them slaughter BB.

    That said I can't see myself taking this event seriously anymore. IvX even less. At this point it just feels like Marvel is using the X-Men as a towel to wipe up all that spilt Inhuman Koolaid they're trying to give us. They did it with the Avengers.

  13. #13
    bye thx fish yet another's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Undisclosed location
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Looks interesting, will take a look.

    Also good that it takes place in the post-SW eight month gap before all of the current X-Men comics, no need to catch up with those first then.

  14. #14
    Bad Guy CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Ugly Arizona
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Dr. Banner

    Death of X is only prelude to real war: miniseries Inhumans vs X men .

    What will happen then?

    But to be honest - mostly Cyclops and Storm fans are "buthurt"
    rest? no... they are not
    You should expect the absolute worst out of IvX.

    If these event for the past 5 years have taught us anything it's that it can always get worse.

    Also I'm a huge fan of Scott "Godclops" Summers so nope.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 09-09-2016 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Today at 10:49 PM. Reason: Removed reply to deleted trollish post

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    CoCoBandz :
    You should expect the absolute worst out of IvX.
    I don't see any reasons why should i expect worst.
    If these event for the past 5 years have taught us anything it's that it can always get worse.
    AvX was great fox X men (and incredibly good for Rogue )
    Also I'm a huge fan of Scott "Godclops" Summers so nope.
    Cyclops fans will expect worst. Ok with me

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •