Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    CoCoBandz :

I don't see any reasons why should i expect worst.

AvX was great fox X men (and incredibly good for Rogue )

Cyclops fans will expect worst. Ok with me
    Fear Itself, AvX, AoU, Original Sin, Axis etc. all awful. All worse that the last.

AvX led to the O5, Bendis, WatX and Rouge's character devolution with the awful first two volumes of UA.(Duggan is writing and awesome Rouge though)

Wouldn't call that good in my personal opinion.

PS I'm also an even bigger X-Men fan obviously so X-Men fans will expect the worst as well. And can anyone blame us. . .like really?

BANNED

Fear Itself, AvX, AoU, Original Sin, Axis etc. all awful. All worse that the last.

AvX led to the O5, Bendis, WatX and Rouge's character devolution with the awful first two volumes of UA.(Duggan is writing and awesome Rouge though)
    1 - AvX was great, especially for Rogue (she beat 4 Avengers, rescued a world and then returned to Earth and help with Phoenix)
    2 - O5, Bendis, WatX - this is not AvX
    3 - Rogue and UA? Ua vol 1 was terrible but this is not an event...
    PS I'm also an even bigger X-Men fan obviously so X-Men fans will expect the worst as well. And can anyone blame us. . .like really?
    Why blame?
    Most of X men don't believe in Xavier Dream... For me this is betrayal:P
    even series like New X men or Astonishing X men had many moments when Cyclops group worked really hard to defend a world and to be hated by humans
    Yes they are cool but they are also make mistakes

and i don't expect worst because i prefer to have fun

1 - AvX was great, especially for Rogue (she beat 4 Avengers, rescued a world and then returned to Earth and help with Phoenix)
    2 - O5, Bendis, WatX - this is not AvX
    3 - Rogue and UA? Ua vol 1 was terrible but this is not an event...

Why blame?
    Most of X men don't believe in Xavier Dream... For me this is betrayal:P
    even series like New X men or Astonishing X men had many moments when Cyclops group worked really hard to defend a world and to be hated by humans
    Yes they are cool but they are also make mistakes

and i don't expect worst because i prefer to have fun
    I was mostly talking about the fallout of AvX, but if you wanna talk about the event as a whole then yeah it was pretty weak. Needless to say that everybody was written in a silly and ridiculous way. Xavier died, Scott became a mutant pariah, the lore of the Phoenix was molested, the avengers were locking up kids strictly because they were mutants, the avengers invaded and destroyed a sovereign nation and attacked people who were basically fixing the world for little to no reason. The fights were ridiculous as well, but forget that, I was glad that Cyclops was you know what in the end, but Cap came out looking like a pig headed, hypocritical douche which made me cringe because I love Cap.

Xavier's dream isn't really practical at this point. Immediate survival should supersede coexistence because if you're dead then who ya gonna coexist with? And let's not talk about betrayal. Xavier was no saint. Also in those books they weren't facing near extinction at the levels they have been recently.

I expect the worst now because of Marvels past wih these types of events and because I proably won't be buying it. lol

And I'm already having plenty of fun of UXM, Ultimates, UA, Vader, and Star Wars. This is just my chance to vent my sidelined frustrations with Marvels event agenda. Sorry if I'm impeding your fun.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-09-2016 at 01:07 AM.

BANNED

And I'm already having plenty of fun of UXM, Ultimates, UA, Vader, and Star Wars. This is just my chance to vent my sidelined frustrations with Marvels event agenda. Sorry if I'm impeding your fun.
    You are not impeding my fun.
    I simply don't understand why You should be frustrated. If You are then skip this event. Problem solved.

You are not impeding my fun.
    I simply don't understand why You should be frustrated. If You are then skip this event. Problem solved.
    Because after so many poor events that ultimately affect the comics I actually do buy in mostly harsh ways has me holding on to Marvel by a thread. Gets kinda annoying after a while. All these changes because so and so did this and that in a book that you didn't even read. . .

Take DoW for example. It got so weird trying to keep track of him after a while because in one issue he'd be there and then in the very next he'd be gone because the writers clearly weren't communicating.

I mean I did already post that I wouldn't be buying. The messed up part is that all this nonsense and IvX will directly affect some of the books I do like which goes back to my point above.

BANNED

CoCoBandz:
    Needless to say that everybody was written in a silly and ridiculous way.
    Why?
    Xavier died
    so what?
    Scott became a mutant pariah
    Marvel was writing Scott as someone who will do anything for mutants. He did.
    the avengers were locking up kids strictly because they were mutants
    we had war. And mutants were sending them to hell.
    the avengers invaded and destroyed a sovereign nation and attacked people who were basically fixing the world for little to no reason
    except that they were right about Phoenix influence...
    I was glad that Cyclops was you know what in the end,
    good
    but Cap came out looking like a pig headed, hypocritical douche which made me cringe because I love Cap.
    He made the best possible decision. Every other decision would be worse...

He could go alone to Scott and talk... and then what? Scott would say no. Scott would use magik teleportation to hide. Phoenix would be able to posses Hope and she wasn't ready. Boom. No more Earth...

and he created Unity Division to show better way to cooperate than Cyclops way to scare the world

Xavier's dream isn't really practical at this point. Immediate survival should supersede coexistence because if you're dead then who ya gonna coexist with? And let's not talk about betrayal.
    Xavier is no saint true. But his dream is good. His actions are not.

I mean I did already post that I wouldn't be buying.
    Sorry i missed that.

Take DoW for example. It got so weird trying to keep track of him after a while because in one issue he'd be there and then in the very next he'd be gone because the writers clearly weren't communicating.
    Dow?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    Wouldn't the obvious thing in this situation be for the Inhumans and Mutants to work together?
    Haven't the last six months of Extraordinary X-Men been basically that? The problem is there is a cloud going around killing people and the mutants want that cloud destroyed and the Inhumans don't. That's a legitimately intractable problem. Unless a cure can be found, it's hard to imagine a solution that both would work towards.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 09-09-2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Removed reply to deleted trollish post

-paused-
    I'm not about to continue this and get into another full fledged AvX debate for the billionth time so I'll just cut it here.

All characters involved were written in such a goofy way that you can't take the event serious and I'll just leave it at that.

Dow = Death of Wolverine btw.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Looks interesting, will take a look.

Also good that it takes place in the post-SW eight month gap before all of the current X-Men comics, no need to catch up with those first then.
    Yes, thats one of the pluses for me too. To finally get to see what went down eight months ago. We will finally get to see what Cyclops did to tick everyone off, and the writers no longer have to "tippy toe" around the subject anymore. I haven't been reading the Inhumans' book so depending how the next three X-men/Inhuman crossover plays out might get me interested into their comics maybe. But yeah, I'm looking forward to this event.

BANNED

I'm curious to see how they'll pull this off. Especially considering the last time Marvel had the X-men challenge the Avengers and it went badly for both the teams and the fans.

Marvel acknowledges that they know of the fans rumors surrounding them and the X-men's constant depressing state and threat of cancellation, but they haven't done anything to improve it and prove fans wrong by showing that they do care about the characters.

Fantastic Member

With all this crazy stuff happening and constant wars between heroes I can only imagine how many villains are robbing places without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm curious to see how they'll pull this off. Especially considering the last time Marvel had the X-men challenge the Avengers and it went badly for both the teams and the fans.

Marvel acknowledges that they know of the fans rumors surrounding them and the X-men's constant depressing state and threat of cancellation, but they haven't done anything to improve it and prove fans wrong by showing that they do care about the characters.
    How?

Undermining the mutant leadership?
    More than 12 years of plot extinction?
    Making Inhumans address themes of mutants? All New Inhumans is practically a comic mutant with protagonists Inhumans.

Soule and Lemire are doing their best to show that they have a great story to tell but considering the history including AvX so far can not really have much hope. Even the creation of ucanny avengers did not improve the relationship between the teams and mutants more than before still being hunted and killed in addition to the threat of extinction and a war with inhumans so we can not say there was any improvement to the X- mens since the end of AvX.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    How?

Undermining the mutant leadership?
    More than 12 years of plot extinction?
    Making Inhumans address themes of mutants? All New Inhumans is practically a comic mutant with protagonists Inhumans.

Soule and Lemire are doing their best to show that they have a great story to tell but considering the history including AvX so far can not really have much hope. Even the creation of ucanny avengers did not improve the relationship between the teams and mutants more than before still being hunted and killed in addition to the threat of extinction and a war with inhumans so we can not say there was any improvement to the X- mens since the end of AvX.
    ANI as a costumed mutant comic?! Have you even been reading it after arc one? I will give you that the first arc, that is against the dictator of Sun-Cong who burned down every inhuman who cocconned in his country + their family, can be seen in a way to resemble an x-book, if prejudice and social commentary were things only the x-people cold address. But the second arc was experiencing with the chinese super team the fallout of messing with the alien nature of the SkySpears. Is having team-ups and fighting alien objects a x-thing now? And this last arc is them trying to re-stablish an alliance with the people of the inhuman city of Utollan while Flint get's to met his bio mom and sister. Is this x-stuff too now?
    The most that ANI has touched the mutant situation is in the next issue, where in the preview they help Frenzy save a boat of mutant refugees from the cloud.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    ANI as a costumed mutant comic?! Have you even been reading it after arc one? I will give you that the first arc, that is against the dictator of Sun-Cong who burned down every inhuman who cocconned in his country + their family, can be seen in a way to resemble an x-book, if prejudice and social commentary were things only the x-people cold address. But the second arc was experiencing with the chinese super team the fallout of messing with the alien nature of the SkySpears. Is having team-ups and fighting alien objects a x-thing now? And this last arc is them trying to re-stablish an alliance with the people of the inhuman city of Utollan while Flint get's to met his bio mom and sister. Is this x-stuff too now?
    The most that ANI has touched the mutant situation is in the next issue, where in the preview they help Frenzy save a boat of mutant refugees from the cloud.
    Let's see

The fact that travel the world saving and rescuing Inhumans who have just awaken his powers in a aircraft ok .
    Training and education in inhuman culture that recalls a certain school ok.
    An instructor in a wheelchair ok .
    Conflicts with leaders of countries that have a negative view of the Inhumans which causes a battle where the villains use technology to win the super beings ok.
    Conflicts of identity and race among the new Inhumans who are divided on their new condition and culture where they were born or family (ANI annual especially) ok.

Some of the new Inhumans are dangerous or adopt villainy and it is up to the Inhumans stop them which creates conflict with the authorities despite good intentions ok.
    Hatred and prejudice against Inhumans for humans ok.

Unlike Uncanny Inhumans it is hard to ignore that ANI has too many similarities to the X-mens. And will not even talk about the Inhumans and Agents of Shield.
    But I'm sure you disagree then it will go nowhere so I ask believes that there is room for both groups at Marvel? How?

Know the fans of the Inhumans only want the best for them but the X-mens fans' point of view is ANI are doing exactly what the X-mens always did.

Yes there are parallels but there's a lot of subtle differences you'd see if you read the book. The inhumans are still very different than the X-Men.

Not that it matters anyway because ANI is cancelled like the many here wanted so it's a moot point.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast