Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    Excellent. Very well said. Boycotting Inhuman books does nothing to actually improve the situation for the X-books or Fantastic Four. All it achieves is sour Inhuman fans (and creators) toward the X-books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    CJStriker is On Point tonight. Well said!!
    Thanks Allot, Very Much Honored, Especially from the Both of You!

Going by the point you made Doc Sonic and working from their, for if we Want Effective ways to turn the tide of what has been going wrong with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four(the Home of the Inhumans Introduction), the real way is the way I said before and Low-N-Behold those with the Skills, Neoxon being the posters for THIS one, Answered:

PETITION TO MARVEL: PLEASE USE X-MEN & F4 IN MORE GAMES/TOONS/MERCH (#XMF4EVER)

http://community.comicbookresources....ch-(-XMF4ever)

I already Signed it and Commented on it on the thread, it is a Small Start but one in the Real Truest-&-Right Direction, Thank You Neoxon!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Excellent. Very well said. Boycotting Inhuman books does nothing to actually improve the situation for the X-books or Fantastic Four. All it achieves is sour Inhuman fans (and creators) toward the X-books.
    Yeah, pretty much. If I were to pick all-time favorite books, X-Men would probably be second to Daredevil to me. But I've always found the Inhumans to be intriguing. And the idea of them going head to head does seem like it presents rich story ideas that could be handled in a fun way. I understand the meta commentary that makes it seem like Marvel is playing favorites, but the Inhuman books are just trying to be good books. And the hatred directed towards them from some X-Men fans just sucks. It's actively trying to destroy a good book in the hopes that it'll improve their own book that's the victim of rights issues. But it's not going to do that. We'll just end up with Champions vs. X-Men or Squirrel Girl vs. X-Men or whatever else they could use instead.

I think IvX could be a really fun story. I'm hoping it's good. But I'll admit that I'm hoping, after it's over, the Inhumans have nothing to do with the X-Men simply because then X-Men fans will hopefully leave them alone. I think that could ruin a good opportunity to tie the inherent X-Men narrative of persecution to the greater Marvel universe and will, instead, push them further into isolation, but it'll prevent X-Men fans from blaming other characters when those books are really just trying to tell a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is the problem, it is not a universal response from Readers, it is a mixed response from readers of mutants with to many who are fans of mutants and X-Men actively admitting to boycotting a Good Book in hopes that Marvel will respond to them by dumping Inhumans and just making more X-Men books while NO Consideration is given to the care, depth, love and story of the Inhumans books. You did say it was a good book, that is good, but fellow fans of the X Actively boycotting a book in hopes for a response to punish Marvel seems more like a personal cause then one that will achieve active results. The only thing that is actively accomplished is the punishing those fans of those characters(Inhumans in this Case), who feel they are being wrongfully targeted for hate and railroading of their characters for a political campaigning they never wanted to be apart off.

This has lead me to question even my OWN Boycott of IvX, if it really is more of a personal sanctification since it will lead to no real changes What-So-Ever.

A more real and respectful way to respond is to activity approach this with more Petitions and Social Media campaigns to 1.) Start to slowly and realistically turn the ship around on the WHOLE Copyright Wars over X-Men and with that Fantastic Four too, to have a more even usage of the characters so Marvel DOES NOT Fell it is losing Money on Promoting the X-men and make NO-Mistake, this is the HEART of all of this, $$$$$ Lose cause Marvel does not get as much for using X-Men right now. But the 2.) Is after the boat is turned enough down the road to actively not only showing Marvel is making the right move by them making agreements to usage X-Men and FF more, but when more projects come along to use them again, X-Men and FF, that the Inhumans are not brushed under the rug to make way for Mutants again either. Marvel has been shown with a wider universe it can Succeed Greater then only using a Handful of the Same characters (2014's Guardians of the Galaxy Anyone).

What many X-Fans and Complexers fail to understand in that in their own War on Marvel over their frustration with the Copyright Battle and X-Fans HAVE Good Reasons to be frustrated and Angry, is that THAT battle is leaving a wake of Destruction on other Franchises like Inhumans as a Sacrificial-Lamb by to many to show what seems to be a Active Boycott to Railroad and Hate on them in an attempt to MAKE Marvel Use X-Men and Mutants more BEFORE the Real Problem, namely the Copyright $$$$$ Core Issue is even resolved.

That ends up being more Personal Gratification Gains among fans believing they "GAINED" a Victory only to find in a Year the Problems and Lesser use of X-Men and Mutants is STILL going on. All that has changed is More Fans of Other Franchises Like Inhumans have now become Frustrated and Bitter with X-Fans over this Conflict. Instead of working with each other, they get belittled and thrown under the bus by having their Favorites Called Losers, Never Popular or Others High-Fiving when something like ALL-NEW Inhumans gets cancelled. How, when this is over, do we expect the landscape to look by then?

The Getting-at-Point is that No real message was sent to Marvel with this Inhuman Boycott or Campaigning against them. They could care less about 1 canceled book, they just Re-Release Every Year now it seems and so they start over. Until Fans Actively Petition Marvel to soften these Copyright Laws for the good of the Franchises, all that We X-Fans are doing is making Self-Gratifying Crusades that end up separating us from other Fanbases.
    You really hoped that fans of the X-mens were to accept the change and buy a book with the Inhumans when their heroes are being poisoned and killed by inhumans mist? Now that's optimism.

Boycott is a way for consumers to show their dissatisfaction to big companies and do not see anything wrong with it as a right of a consumer.

Also do not put all the credit for ANI failure to Mutants fans after all the Inhumans only recently started to gain space. The fact Uncanny Inhumans continue well is to bring together the elements and most classic characters.

Marvel with policy to create controversy decided to put fans against fans wonder what would have happened if this plot with the inhuman mist never happened? Perhaps many readers mutants still would see the Inhumans as a threat wanting to replace the X-mens but would not be as bad as now with mutants suffering genocide. But this is the policy of Marvel and as a result the characters are marked by their acts independent of excuses like they are being manipulated or in the name of a greater good Cyclops kill Xavier, Wanda commit genocide, Namor flood Wakanda, Iluminattis, Cap and the Avengers attacking a mutant nation without provocation and kidnap a young mutant, Clint kill Hulk. None of this is choice of readers but has consequences and will not be different for Inhumans.

At least we agree on something even after the end of this feud with the Inhumans there is no guarantee that the X-mens will again have the space that once had as the problem with copyright is not resolved. On the other hand this keeps the status quo ensuring that the X-mens will not suffer the same fate FF.

I am sorry for the situation but not feel guilty for Inhumans fans if they want blame marvel. The X-fans are doing what they can for protec something they love and I'm sure would not be very different if the situation were opposite.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I would ask if this is really a serious point or not, but by how many have been cheering for this Inhumans dislike and it going into IvX I am not much suprised.

But really my next point is more towards the comments that JoeWithoutFear that I view can really be gotten at by my view;

To many here say to stand and hate on the story plot point that Hero-vs.-Hero is the WORST thing to happen to comics and is destroying comics all together in all companys! BUTTTTT, when it is a Hero-vs.-Hero that somehow by our own headcannon will let us FINALLY show-up those characters that are heroes that we don't like or have a grudge against, THEN we are all for it! Really stick to our guns on promises and ideologies don't we.

It's no wonder why comic company's don't take our displeasure as fans with these controversial courses really seriously. They know if they poke at our need for wanted-payback at someone(s) or something(s) in a comic, we will fold and be all for it.

What should be worrying to us is how easy we fold and want for this blood as a means to getting justice, yet the justice that it seems we want so badly by getting this blood really solves nothing, only divides the fanbases more. This sadly leads to more justifications that these characters need to be separated into their own universes to keep them pure and from the taint with interacting with those "OTHER" characters we don't like cause of reasons.
    Nah. How about writers just stop writing them doing stupid, contrived things like setting off biochem weapons over metropolises and junk.

But when it comes to Inhumans, it has always been my opinion (since Kirby) that they, as a group, are more villainous than heroic. Add to this that what Black Bolt did was a crime even by the standards of his society. Terrigen is supposed to be even harmful to the rank and file Inhuman, which is why they restricted its use. Every second that goes by where Medusa is not ordering the destruction of the Terrigen Cloud paints her as nothing but rotten to the core.

In the end we get the universe those of us deserve by what we cheer for in wanting, don't be suprised when what you get is not want you wanted.

I pretty much can come-down to this too:

horrible Gladiator thing

We are here to see Hero blood rolling and thinking we are getting what we want, but by the end we are left empty and speechless like that crowd.
    No, I am not entertained. Quite the opposite. Hero vs hero has never been entertaining for me. I can tolerate it if for several pages, when minor disagreements happen, then it just gets horrible and boring. And I didn't even like Gladiator.

Should we or should we not be voting with our wallets? Frankly, NONE of the Inhuman books have been any good, imo. That's one of the reasons I boycott them.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 09-10-2016 at 09:04 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    You really hoped that fans of the X-mens were to accept the change and buy a book with the Inhumans when their heroes are being poisoned and killed by inhumans mist? Now that's optimism.
    I would have hoped that fans could accept that a story is for a story's sake. I could buy a Kingpin book even if I like Spider-Man and Daredevil. I could buy books from Dark Reign even if they feature the people who are hurting the heroes.

Also do not put all the credit for ANI failure to Mutants fans after all the Inhumans only recently started to gain space. The fact Uncanny Inhumans continue well is to bring together the elements and most classic characters.
    FWIW, I agree with that. Inhumans have gone from nothing to a continuing book, but two books right now remains fairly unrealistic (although, for IvX, I'd have loved two Inhuman books to bring balance to the 3+ X-Books). It told a good story well, but it's clearly the second book for an audience that isn't gigantic.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Terrigen is supposed to be even harmful to the rank and file Inhuman, which is why they restricted its use.
    That's not true for Attilan society. There were concerns about dangerous power-sets, but the genetic council restricted breeding, not entering the mists. Instead, the mists were shown to be a right of passage for Attilan.

With other Inhuman groups, this might be different. The one from the last few issues of ANI felt it was dangerous due to generations of inbreeding. The ones that Lash was from didn't think it was dangerous, they just felt it was sacrilegious to give it to any beyond a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Boycott is a way for consumers to show their dissatisfaction to big companies and do not see anything wrong with it as a right of a consumer.
    Yes, of course this is your right... but you should be aware that such a boycott archives nothing in regards to supporting The X-Men. If anything it does the franchise harm. I've spoken to more than a few top-tier comic writers who have swore off writing for the X-books because the persnickety and never-satisfied nature of much of the fan-base has made it a thoroughly unpleasant experience.
    Being passionate about the characters you love is great; being passionate, entitled and irascible, however, is a total turn-off.

Nah. How about writers just stop writing them doing stupid, contrived things like setting off biochem weapons over metropolises and junk.
    The terrigen Cloud had been completely innocuous to humans and Mutants prior to Secret Wars. Emma and The Stepford Cuckoos walked right through the cloud when they met that new Inhuman from Latvaria Uncanny vol. 3 #15. It was actually Jeff Lemire who decided to have the T-cloud prove poisonous to Mutants as detailed in the premier issue of Extraordinary X-Men.
    Hence, if you're actually interested in voting with your wallet and are not happy with the current direction in the X-books, then it's the X-books you should be boycotting.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Terrigen is supposed to be even harmful to the rank and file Inhuman, which is why they restricted its use.
    That's not true for Attilan society. There were concerns about dangerous power-sets, but the genetic council restricted breeding, not entering the mists. Instead, the mists were shown to be a right of passage for Attilan.

With other Inhuman groups, this might be different. The one from the last few issues of ANI felt it was dangerous due to generations of inbreeding. The ones that Lash was from didn't think it was dangerous, they just felt it was sacrilegious to give it to any beyond a select few.
    Mike is correct here. It was shown that the Bird People, a subgroup of Inhumans that had long isolated themselves from Attilan and stabilized their genetics, were indeed adversely affected by the weaponized form of the mist when it reached their floating island home. But the degree of effect it had in Attilan Inhumans depended on large part on the individual DNA. For some it left them human-looking, for others not so.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yes, of course this is your right... but you should be aware that such a boycott archives nothing in regards to supporting The X-Men. If anything it does the franchise harm. I've spoken to more than a few top-tier comic writers who have swore off writing for the X-books because the persnickety and never-satisfied nature of much of the fan-base has made it a thoroughly unpleasant experience.
    Being passionate about the characters you love is great; being passionate, entitled and irascible, however, is a total turn-off.
    It's not that I'm boycotting the Inhumans, I just have no interest in them, just like I have no interest in Batman, Superman, Captain America and others. I was introduced to the X-Men at 11 and fell in love with the characters and over the years I've tried other titles but they didn't hold my interest. I'm not happy with the way the X-titles are being written these days and I don't like the Inhumans tied to them. I miss the family feel the books used to have.

I have no problem with Marvel publishing the Inhumans because I know they have fans and all fans are equal.

Even if what Scott did was awful I still won't be mad at him for it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The terrigen Cloud had been completely innocuous to humans and Mutants prior to Secret Wars. Emma and The Stepford Cuckoos walked right through the cloud when they met that new Inhuman from Latvaria Uncanny vol. 3 #15. It was actually Jeff Lemire who decided to have the T-cloud prove poisonous to Mutants as detailed in the premier issue of Extraordinary X-Men.
    Hence, if you're actually interested in voting with your wallet and are not happy with the current direction in the X-books, then it's the X-books you should be boycotting.
    I'm not just talking about humans and Mutants. I'm talking about all of the people with Inhuman genes that are being Terrigenized against their will. This is a point that Synpase raised to Medusa. She hates what the Terrigen has done to her and her family.

I do boycott some X-Books, as well. I won't buy All-New X-Men, for instance. I'm getting very close to stopping Extraordinary, as well. Uncanny X-Men is awesome.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I love how beat down axel sounded.

They all know this is bad timing wrapping up hanging plots that weren't interesting before so much real time passed. I might have cared 8 months ago. At this point just being relaunched, knowing the next reboot is on the horizon, why care about this filler? I'm just holding out for marvel rebirth

Is this going to change marvels momentum or add to its current direction. Sounds like a dumpster fire to me.

Team Cyclops!!

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Team Nadia*

*Bacause she's right about Heroes x Heroes = Wrong.
    Everything Lives!

I'm not just talking about humans and Mutants. I'm talking about all of the people with Inhuman genes that are being Terrigenized against their will. This is a point that Synpase raised to Medusa. She hates what the Terrigen has done to her and her family.
    I do boycott some X-Books, as well. I won't buy All-New X-Men, for instance. I'm getting very close to stopping Extraordinary, as well. Uncanny X-Men is awesome.
    Clearly Black Bolt's move to detonate the Terrigen Bomb entails a morally questionable action. Even the Inhumans of old Attilan are angry over his doing this. Still, the fact of the matter is that all Inhumans should not be held accountable for Black Bolt's actions.
    All of that aside, flawed character are often more interesting and the X-Men (especially the current Uncanny X-Men team) have been just as guilty of unscrupulous acts as any of the Inhumans. I'm following Bunn's great run on Uncanny as well (despite the awful Greg Land art) and this last week's issue saw Magneto's team joining forces with Black Tom Cassidy... a child killer and one of the worst of the worst. Magneto, just like Black Bolt, is the kind of character who is willing to take deplorable actions if he feels it is in the best interest of his people.

So, you get books you enjoy and skip books you don't?

Since when is that a boycott?

(Referring to the general you here and not just the quoted post)