Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    Yes, of course this is your right... but you should be aware that such a boycott archives nothing in regards to supporting The X-Men. If anything it does the franchise harm. I've spoken to more than a few top-tier comic writers who have swore off writing for the X-books because the persnickety and never-satisfied nature of much of the fan-base has made it a thoroughly unpleasant experience.
    Being passionate about the characters you love is great; being passionate, entitled and irascible, however, is a total turn-off.

The terrigen Cloud had been completely innocuous to humans and Mutants prior to Secret Wars. Emma and The Stepford Cuckoos walked right through the cloud when they met that new Inhuman from Latvaria Uncanny vol. 3 #15. It was actually Jeff Lemire who decided to have the T-cloud prove poisonous to Mutants as detailed in the premier issue of Extraordinary X-Men.
    Hence, if you're actually interested in voting with your wallet and are not happy with the current direction in the X-books, then it's the X-books you should be boycotting.
    So you are now blaming Lemire for the killer mist ?; i thought that the Complexers were supposed to be the crazy ones.

The terrigen Cloud had been completely innocuous to humans and Mutants prior to Secret Wars. Emma and The Stepford Cuckoos walked right through the cloud when they met that new Inhuman from Latvaria Uncanny vol. 3 #15. It was actually Jeff Lemire who decided to have the T-cloud prove poisonous to Mutants as detailed in the premier issue of Extraordinary X-Men.
    Hence, if you're actually interested in voting with your wallet and are not happy with the current direction in the X-books, then it's the X-books you should be boycotting.
    Oh God I almost forgot about that but yeah, you're right. Soooo this poison t-cloud IvX plot line is just a sh*tty retcon.
    jfk, and I thought this story line couldn't get any stupider and CONTRIVED.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

#Teamcyclops

The terrigen Cloud had been completely innocuous to humans and Mutants prior to Secret Wars. Emma and The Stepford Cuckoos walked right through the cloud when they met that new Inhuman from Latvaria Uncanny vol. 3 #15.
    explained away by the Cuckoos being grown in a lab and Emma, after years and years of plastic surgery, being mostly inorganic.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Oh God I almost forgot about that but yeah, you're right. Soooo this poison t-cloud IvX plot line is just a sh*tty retcon.
    jfk, and I thought this story line couldn't get any stupider and CONTRIVED.

That is a Very Good Observation by Dr. Banner I had forgotten, Honestly I feel that is a REALLY Important point to point out by any fan(Especially Inhuman Fans) of this story point that has been going-on with the Mist. All of the sudden it hurts mutants when in both the past with Quicksilver and RIGHT after the events of Infinity it did not such thing really.

Sooooooo........for all the calling of blood and desire to make Inhumans Pay, should it not be more wise with a truly level head and thinking; "Hey, we as X-Men have a BOATLOAD of those that like to see us dead or miss-direct us, could it be that these Mist where tampered with by the likes of Sinister, Apocalypse or maybe an Inhuman Foe like Maximus, maybe a Villain did this and further need to investigate this is the 1st course, not going to WAR for the Sake of Going to War!"

Just seems like a good thought be people break-out the Pom-Poms for Blood, Blood, Blood.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is a Very Good Observation by Dr. Banner I had forgotten, Honestly I feel that is a REALLY Important point to point out by any fan(Especially Inhuman Fans) of this story point that has been going-on with the Mist. All of the sudden it hurts mutants when in both the past with Quicksilver and RIGHT after the events of Infinity it did not such thing really.

Sooooooo........for all the calling of blood and desire to make Inhumans Pay, should it not be more wise with a truly level head and thinking; "Hey, we as X-Men have a BOATLOAD of those that like to see us dead or miss-direct us, could it be that these Mist where tampered with by the likes of Sinister, Apocalypse or maybe an Inhuman Foe like Maximus, maybe a Villain did this and further need to investigate this is the 1st course, not going to WAR for the Sake of Going to War!"

Just seems like a good thought be people break-out the Pom-Poms for Blood, Blood, Blood.
    with Quicksilver??

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So you are now blaming Lemire for the killer mist ?; i thought that the Complexers were supposed to be the crazy ones.
    Nice trying for a funny Dragonmp93, but this should raise a red-flag to a point. It was the X-Books where this new the Mist is Toxic started in the X-Department. With that their has NEVER been an explanation towards WHY it is Toxic all of the sudden, it just is, just accept it! =/

And SOOOO Many Fans just took it as so and really WHY are we not questioning as to WHY both from the editorial boards and the writers on this?!

Seems like the true logical reasoning instead Fight Inhumans, Fight them Hard.

Further, this leads to an In-Story belief that maybe, just maybe this was a plan by an X-Villain or other Foe that tampered with the Mists to do this, would make the most logical conclusion. It also negates the whole Black Bolt Knew it was Toxic thing since at the start for Mutants it was not, I mean just look from the X-Offices in Uncanny X-Men #15 back just about 2 years ago, just saying:

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    with Quicksilver??
    SON OF M #2 (2005)

[CENTER][B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR="#008080"]SON OF M #2

[IMG]http://i.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.
    what I'm getting at is, do we really know that Pietro's a mutant? it could be a little more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what I'm getting at is, do we really know that Pietro's a mutant? it could be a little more complicated than that.
    What he is a shoobop sha wadda wadda yippity boom de boom Mutant, Really Seriously Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 said yes and no at the same-time, fake yet not really, it was such mess of WTF short of Deal. =/

Not Magneto's Kids, sadly yes right now, mutant, Ehhhh. =/

There is a good chance of a villain be behind this but I warn that does not change too much for a simple reason independent of the villain's intentions the conduct of members of the two sides and the fact Marvel want to increase this schism between the groups throw fans against each other.

Want a good example see what happened to Wanda even after blaming Doom something changed for her? No the opposite many still remember her for genocide and hate the character for it.

Furthermore at any time I believe that Marvel really think of making Inhuman villains in this story. Somehow the X-mens will be those who will be wrong at the end or at least be described as if they were the worst of the two groups like AvX or Axis. The very fact that Cyclops be more hated than BB and Inhumans while the mutants are being killed and sterilized is already a proof of that.

Even if in the end the two groups unite to defeat the villain fans will not forget the behavior of the characters in this mess as every story hero vs hero. Even years later AvX and Civil War still generate much debate about the conduct of the heroes and they want fans simply ignore all this as if it never happened? When you make a character crossing the line is good to be prepared because probably anything be the same again.

Even if there is a villain expect a fan of mutants ignore the fact that no government extended his hand to help the X-mens have taken refuge living in Limbo?Or the fact that the Inhumans prefer to protect the mist even at the cost of mutants lives?

The damage is done not all fans will overcome this plot @#$%&.

And the issue with movie rights worsens everything.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

SON OF M #2 (2005)

Ok. But pietro isnt a mutant anymore remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    There is a good chance of a villain be behind this but I warn that does not change too much for a simple reason independent of the villain's intentions the conduct of members of the two sides and the fact Marvel want to increase this schism between the groups throw fans against each other.
    depends on the villain. if it's a mutant or human villain, I think most people will go back to just being indifferent to the Inhumans. if it's Maximus or some other Inhuman, it probably will hurt the popularity of the entire Inhuman community.

Maximus is a great villain though. Definitely one you love to hate.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

There's no way that Lemire is singlehandedly responsible for this plot line and that idea in itself is hilarious.

Editorial thinks that the X-Men are at their best when they're in yet another tired extinction metaplot, and TPTB wants to push the Inhumans to the forefront of the MU. This was more about two birds, one stone than anything else.