Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    There is a good chance of a villain be behind this but I warn that does not change too much for a simple reason independent of the villain's intentions the conduct of members of the two sides and the fact Marvel want to increase this schism between the groups throw fans against each other.

Want a good example see what happened to Wanda even after blaming Doom something changed for her? No the opposite many still remember her for genocide and hate the character for it.

Furthermore at any time I believe that Marvel really think of making Inhuman villains in this story. Somehow the X-mens will be those who will be wrong at the end or at least be described as if they were the worst of the two groups like AvX or Axis. The very fact that Cyclops be more hated than BB and Inhumans while the mutants are being killed and sterilized is already a proof of that.

Even if in the end the two groups unite to defeat the villain fans will not forget the behavior of the characters in this mess as every story hero vs hero. Even years later AvX and Civil War still generate much debate about the conduct of the heroes and they want fans simply ignore all this as if it never happened? When you make a character crossing the line is good to be prepared because probably anything be the same again.

Even if there is a villain expect a fan of mutants ignore the fact that no government extended his hand to help the X-mens have taken refuge living in Limbo?Or the fact that the Inhumans prefer to protect the mist even at the cost of mutants lives?

The damage is done not all fans will overcome this plot @#$%&.

And the issue with movie rights worsens everything.
    And that is my problem, Perfect Example is that of Wanda;

You have said good things about Wanda in contrast to Summers, Thank You, below is about the whole of others if have read from.

Bendis out and out LIED in Avengers Dissembles about Wanda, Yes Bendis LIED completely in that story, 100% Canon he did not give a darn Lie. Yet I don't hear Rallies and Calls for Justice to Wanda's character from fellow Fans about that Lie, instead all I heard where Fans being A-OK with it, 2 Thumbs up, it is a Great Story we Accepted and with that the character of Wanda being Murdered for the Sake of of it with Fans Firmly behind it it seemed. Then for years fans accepted that of Wanda, their-by accepting that lie like it should have always been with care for canon or character. But worst, when a similar thing happens to THEIR Favorites, they get all upset with the likes of Cyclops or Iron Man, but not the same with Wanda, it is just OK to Totally Lie about Wanda and destroy her character cause many fans just become to invested in what Bendis told them to be invested in.

SO When we FINALLY get an Equal Level Story of Quickness that Total Helps clear and start to clear Wanda of what happen, SO MANY Fans are Then up-in-arms about THAT story trying to fix Wanda of the Lie from many years ago?! They are Upset over a Saving of a character cause they no longer have their Made-Up Monster Wanda anymore? Fans really want to keep that football alive?! And many Wonder Why Wanda Fans are so upset with that story and the reaction to it.

It is pretty much saying we as Wanda Fans just NEED TO take it, Accept the Blatant Lying that happen and just accept that many just want to Keep the Lie Monster Wanda even after a Justified Story was given and much afterword in more stories in saying her character was a victim. Many accept the Lie of Avengers Dissembles A-OK but are up in arms when Marvel tries to Fix it or do similar kind of damage to their own favorites; that is the definition of a hypocritical view.

The point is the constant belief in something that Never Earned that Belief and Fans should have acted more like Heroes and Friends of the abused hero, tried to rationalized the wrongs against them, focus on those lies that they don't represent those characters and that many fixes should be idolized by fans of all parts of fandom for the sake of the betterment of the character.

The Problem that was with how Wanda was treated is in whole the problems we have today, Total Wrong Reactions towards solving problems in our stories and with our characters. Fandom Reactions to the problems become to much mind-mob mentality and fall to find what could really be done to fix this, instead focus on long standing hurts wanting to be paid for but to many are just bad writing fat that Marvel will careless in figure out.

If Marvel IS going to Wrong Scott and it seems they are, we need to discusses and give discussion going forward in how to right that wrong in the most honorable and heroic way possible that brings as many charters and fans into the fold as we can. Excluding fans cause of Hate for their character(s) like Inhumans have nothing but lost cause in that lost approach, that should not be needed or wanted.

If we as X-Fans are so Sure of what will be coming down the line, a Better line of how to deal with it must to figured out. Grudges, Boycotts, Hating on Characters, Fan Flame postings, etc., they have all been used before and they get no results. Doing the same thing again will not change that, we need to think more social media, let opinions be heard to sway the creators.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 09-15-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Remember when comic books used to have villains in them? *shrug*
    pepperidge farm remembers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Haven't the last six months of Extraordinary X-Men been basically that? The problem is there is a cloud going around killing people and the mutants want that cloud destroyed and the Inhumans don't. That's a legitimately intractable problem. Unless a cure can be found, it's hard to imagine a solution that both would work towards.
    Latest issue seems to show that idea is not doing so well if the attitude Crystal and Gorgon showed them was anything but two species working together.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So you are now blaming Lemire for the killer mist ?; i thought that the Complexers were supposed to be the crazy ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    There's no way that Lemire is singlehandedly responsible for this plot line and that idea in itself is hilarious.
    What I was saying was the the decision to have the T-cloyd negatively affect the Mutants originated form the X-books writers and editors. Here I'm referring to things in reality, not the fictional MU world. And hence boycotting the Inhumans books would do nothing to stop it. All the Inhuman books could get cancelled and the mutants would still be suffering from the M-pox. The decision to follow this plot-line came from the X-department... it had nothing to do with the creators working on the inhumans books.
    Furthermore... of all the things to get bent out of shape over, how is this so high on the list? Why not boycott Greg Land's sexist, distasteful art... depicting a respectable character like Monet by tracing over a page from a skin mag. Boycott Chris Simms writing X-Men '92. The guys a serial sexual harasser. Boycott things that are actually threatening the health, respectability, and future wellbeing of the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    explained away by the Cuckoos being grown in a lab and Emma, after years and years of plastic surgery, being mostly inorganic.
    I rest my case, your honor.
    Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation does not make one immune from communicable diseases.
    again, head.. ass.. remove..
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 09-15-2016 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Deleted personal comments

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There is a good chance of a villain be behind this…
    I'll cast the net wide and speculate on Maelstrom, the Inhuman-Deviant hybrid who is experienced with genetics and Terrigenesis (his Minions are all transformed humans), last seen to my knowledge battling the Great Lakes Avengers in Slott's mini.

And, keep the debate civil and cool, please. I've edited a few posts here and question the need to bring in the topic of the Complex here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

There is a good chance of a villain be behind this but I warn that does not change too much for a simple reason independent of the villain's intentions the conduct of members of the two sides and the fact Marvel want to increase this schism between the groups throw fans against each other.
    I think they wanted to throw the characters at each other. I don't see why that inherently means the fans have to be thrown at each other. I'm a fan of both the X-Men and Inhumans and I'm looking forward to the story to see how it turns out.

BANNED

Mike_Murdock:
    I think they wanted to throw the characters at each other. I don't see why that inherently means the fans have to be thrown at each other. I'm a fan of both the X-Men and Inhumans and I'm looking forward to the story to see how it turns out.
    X men fans shouldn't hate inhumans because this is racism (hating whole race just because some inhumans are assholes?).
    While majority of them is okay or good.
    ps X men also have few assholes.

There's frustration on both sides I think.

That said, I'm not an X-Men fan, but I'm looking forward to this story and am interested how it turns out. Soule and Lemire seem genuinely excited and that's pretty infectious.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I'm a fan of all the respective platforms.
    X-Men. Avengers. Inhumans. Its all delightful and entertaining.

That being said, I'd like to share my perspective of the 3 pariahs mentioned earlier.
    Wanda Maximoff. Scott Summers. Blackagar Boltagon.

Each of them receive a heavy amount of flack, discord and general angst for their actions regarding the use/misuse of forces beyond their control.

Its important (imho) to note the HOW of each of their situations.
    Cyclops and the Phoenix Force? He and his fellow "five" had the Phoenix Force thrust upon them, against their will. They became hosts to a fractured entity, without consent or intent, and were subsequently corrupted/possessed over time leading to the death of Charles Xavier (and untold number of casualties across the globe during the ensuing climactic chaos)
    One more time: Not his choice. Against his will. Corrupted and Possessed.

Blackagar Boltagon and the Terrigen Bomb? Blackbolt released the Terrigen, prompted to do so in order to save his people. Terrigen mists affect Inhumans. He is entirely responsible for releasing said mists. It was his choice. We've yet to understand WHY the terrigen has become toxic to mutantkind, and as such, I cannot hold him responsible for the ensuing poisoning/casualties. Its all TBD. Additionally, INHUMANS -- an entire community of individuals -- should not be held accountable for one man's actions.
    One more time: He chose to release the terrigen, but at the time it didn't have negative affects. The poisoning aspect is TBD.

Wanda Maximoff and M-Day. Wanda was devastated by the loss of her children. She sought the means to restore them via the Life Force (?) by way of Doctor Doom, but was unable to contain/control it sufficiently and it drove her mad. In her maddened state, she killed Avengers, altered reality itself, changed lives, restored lives, and inadvertently caused the deaths of countless mutants across the globe.
    She chose to make a deal with Doctor Doom, and take on a power she didn't understand for self serving purpose. She was manipulated by Doom (if Doom's words in the Children's Crusade really hold any weight) and her brother Pietro but her decisions were her own.
    One more time: She chose to take on a power she was unfamiliar with for self serving means and while using that power made poor choices ("No More Mutants")

That last one sounds more harsh, but that doesn't mean I don't believe she is beyond redemption or forgiveness. I disagree with her actions but everyone makes mistakes -- particularly when emotionally distraught.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    And that is my problem, Perfect Example is that of Wanda;

If Marvel IS going to Wrong Scott and it seems they are, we need to discusses and give discussion going forward in how to right that wrong in the most honorable and heroic way possible that brings as many charters and fans into the fold as we can. Excluding fans cause of Hate for their character(s) like Inhumans have nothing but lost cause in that lost approach, that should not be needed or wanted.

If we as X-Fans are so Sure of what will be coming down the line, a Better line of how to deal with it must to figured out. Grudges, Boycotts, Hating on Characters, Fan Flame postings, etc., they have all been used before and they get no results. Doing the same thing again will not change that, we need to think more social media, let opinions be heard to sway the creators.

I sympathize with your way of thinking and as Cyclops fan who at the moment is compared to Hitler understand how Wanda fans and Inhumans feel right now.

However I do not see a solution to this all I want is for this to end soon and everyone can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Good for you it's not like wanted everyone hated IvX just do not like stories of heroes vs heroes and the fact that every time the X-mens were involved it never ended well for them.

Honestly I miss the times when bad guys really were important in events. Civil War II not has ended and we will have IvX in sequence.

Hopefully something good can come out of all this. After all even AvX had at least one good consequence in the middle of so many bad things the creation of Uncanny Avengers (despite the problems the team faces).

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    There's frustration on both sides I think.

That said, I'm not an X-Men fan, but I'm looking forward to this story and am interested how it turns out. Soule and Lemire seem genuinely excited and that's pretty infectious.
    You can bet on that the situation is complicated for several reasons and Inhumans ended up receiving the negativity of some mutant fans as a result. Unfair yes but understandable after two genocides and 12 years of no more mutants.
    Last edited by Knives; 09-16-2016 at 07:06 AM.

BANNED

Knives
    Hopefully something good can come out of all this. After all even AvX had at least one good consequence in the middle of so many bad things the creation of Uncanny Avengers (despite the problems the team faces).
    More mutants?
    I think that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Knives

More mutants?
    I think that was good.
    Too bad it did not last long because the mutants again are facing extinction can see the problem? And the fact that the X-mens may not be the heroes of their own history without Avengers and Inhumans?

I will not go into another discussion about AvX does not lead anywhere but this story creates consequences and the fans do not forget it. In the same manner IvX will create waves that will affect both groups for years since understand this the rest does not matter.

See I love Kamala new Ms Marvel the fact that she is a Inhuman is only a detail but as respected the Avengers before AvX how do you think would feel to see Kamala helping the Inhumans in a war with the X-mens? In the same manner when I was sad to see Steve and several Avengers and soldiers attacking one of the last refuges mutants after M day .

BANNED

Knives :
    Too bad it did not last long because the mutants again are facing extinction can see the problem?
    That's doesn't change the fact that AvX was really good for mutants. They were more united after AvX. We had more mutants.
    And the fact that the X-mens may not be the heroes of their own history without Avengers and Inhumans?
    Battle for Atom?
    See I love Kamala new Ms Marvel the fact that she is a Inhuman is only a detail but as respected the Avengers before AvX how do you think would feel to see Kamala helping the Inhumans in a war with the X-mens?
    It all depends of the story. If Magneto will attack her first then maybe she should fight?
    In the same manner when I was sad to see Steve and several Avengers and soldiers attacking one of the last refuges mutants after M day .
    Both sides had logical reasons to fight. Every other logical solution was worse for mutants.
    These refuges attacked first.

You know the old gimmick of X-Men fighting against everyone is really getting old, and it seems they are fighting against more heroes than actual villains most of the time.

BANNED

I am waiting for Avengers vs X men round 2