Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    I am waiting for Avengers vs X men round 2
    These Vs gimmicks are getting repetitive.

I will admit I picked up the first few issues of Uncanny inhumans and ANI because the creative teams looked good and the art looked stellar. I kept with ANI for a little while after the appearance of frenzy because she was awesome in x-men legacy and I was really looking forward to her making an appearance outside of an x-book. Unfortunately she disappeared and so I dropped the book.

I am an x-fan first, and I have been all my life. I grew to like the avengers (some of them anyway) and I just ignore AvX as something terrible in the marvel office water supply. I was never a big inhumans fan mostly because I knew nothing about them and they weren't really influential in any of the books I read. I cannot begin to like these characters when their big debut into the greater marvel universe comes as a direct result of my favorite characters current plight. The reason is sad but true; I see them on panel and I greatly dislike them. They are flourishing while my favorites are having to hide less they get some terrible degenerative disease that will eventually kill them and no one in the greater MCU seems to care as Rogue so aptly put in this weeks Uncanny Avengers issue.

Not a fan of the current killer winds of change and not excited about this event.

BANNED

jazzflower92:
    You are probably right. I simply know that my favorite character will miss this event .
    Or at least majority of this event. I learned that Rogue will miss almost every event so i don't feel pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    You know the old gimmick of X-Men fighting against everyone is really getting old, and it seems they are fighting against more heroes than actual villains most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    This does not apply only to X-mens.
    Marvel has focused on the theme heroes vs heroes.

To tell the truth for a long time they can not create a good big or mega event involving only heroes vs villains and Secret Wars does not count since it was a meeting of several Marvel stories and had a lot of heroes vs heroes.

I think the last time actually liked a mega event with a villain was during the rise of Osborn with Dark Reign and Siege.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    What I was saying was the the decision to have the T-cloyd negatively affect the Mutants originated form the X-books writers and editors. Here I'm referring to things in reality, not the fictional MU world. And hence boycotting the Inhumans books would do nothing to stop it. All the Inhuman books could get cancelled and the mutants would still be suffering from the M-pox. The decision to follow this plot-line came from the X-department... it had nothing to do with the creators working on the inhumans books.
    Furthermore... of all the things to get bent out of shape over, how is this so high on the list? Why not boycott Greg Land's sexist, distasteful art... depicting a respectable character like Monet by tracing over a page from a skin mag. Boycott Chris Simms writing X-Men '92. The guys a serial sexual harasser. Boycott things that are actually threatening the health, respectability, and future wellbeing of the industry.

I rest my case, your honor.
    Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation does not make one immune from communicable diseases.
    again, head.. ass.. remove..
    This is fundamentally not true. The Terrigen mists hurting mutants was editorially mandated. It came from higher up, that's why it impacted both books. The entire point of this was about promoting the inhumans so that they could take mutants spots as the go to species for development. That didn't work so well so now they are saddling the X-Men with inhumans so that fans are forced to read about characters they don't really care about.
    Last edited by Arya; 09-16-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    This is fundamentally not true. The Terrigen mists hurting mutants was editorially mandated. It came from higher up, that's why it impacted both books. The entire point of this was about promoting the inhumans so that they could take mutants spots as the go to species for development. That didn't work so well so now they are saddling the X-Men with inhumans so that fans are forced to read about characters they don't really care about.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. And unless you can get Nick Lowe or another editor on here to confirm your claim I will continue to insist you're incorrect on this...

Marvel promoted The Inhumans simply because they wanted to create a new franchise. The success of Guardians of The Galaxy suggested that new properties could be profitable and they tried to recreate this success with Inhumans. That's pretty much all there is to it.
    The engineering of a reason for The Inhumans to fight The X-Men came later on, and began in the X-books... the first mention of the T-Cloud being deleterious to Mutants occurred in Extraordinary X-Men #1.

Cross over and cross pollination through event books has been Marvel's bread and butter for years, beginning with the original Secret War miniseries.
    If you don't like it, don't read it, but this complex that Marvel is trying to kill the X-Men and force you to read about the inhumans is tired and hackneyed.

It started off interesting, then became annoying, and now is just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Nice trying for a funny Dragonmp93, but this should raise a red-flag to a point. It was the X-Books where this new the Mist is Toxic started in the X-Department. With that their has NEVER been an explanation towards WHY it is Toxic all of the sudden, it just is, just accept it! =/

And SOOOO Many Fans just took it as so and really WHY are we not questioning as to WHY both from the editorial boards and the writers on this?!

Seems like the true logical reasoning instead Fight Inhumans, Fight them Hard.

Further, this leads to an In-Story belief that maybe, just maybe this was a plan by an X-Villain or other Foe that tampered with the Mists to do this, would make the most logical conclusion. It also negates the whole Black Bolt Knew it was Toxic thing since at the start for Mutants it was not, I mean just look from the X-Offices in Uncanny X-Men #15 back just about 2 years ago, just saying:

And what im saying is that the idea comes from the editorial or from Perlmutter.

And i would like to point out two things:
    The first one if you dont remember, "No More Mutants" was an idea that started with Quesada, the then-editor-in-chief, who put Bendis in charge of the project and "House of M" is the result of that.
    And the second is that Alonso's favorite character is Adolf Scott Hitler Summers aka Cyclops, so excuse me for not believing that DisMarvel still loves and cares about the X-men.

Sorry, but you're wrong. And unless you can get Nick Lowe or another editor on here to confirm your claim I will continue to insist you're incorrect on this...

Marvel promoted The Inhumans simply because they wanted to create a new franchise. The success of Guardians of The Galaxy suggested that new properties could be profitable and they tried to recreate this success with Inhumans. That's pretty much all there is to it.
    The engineering of a reason for The Inhumans to fight The X-Men came later on, and began in the X-books... the first mention of the T-Cloud being deleterious to Mutants occurred in Extraordinary X-Men #1.

Cross over and cross pollination through event books has been Marvel's bread and butter for years, beginning with the original Secret War miniseries.
    If you don't like it, don't read it, but this complex that Marvel is trying to kill the X-Men and force you to read about the inhumans is tired and hackneyed.

It started off interesting, then became annoying, and now is just boring.
    Like i said, the "M-day" genocide was then Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada's idea, who gave the job to Bendis, and we end up with this:

And if it could happen once, it can happen twice.

After all, Lemire was basically blackmailed into writing a X-men team book after Rememder left Marvel; and Extraordinary is the result of said blackmail.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Honestly I miss the times when bad guys really were important in events.
    Secret Wars? Fear Itself? Infinity? It honestly hasn't been that long.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like i said, the "M-day" genocide was then Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada's idea, who gave the job to Bendis, and we end up with this:
    And if it could happen once, it can happen twice.
    After all, Lemire was basically blackmailed into writing a X-men team book after Rememder left Marvel; and Extraordinary is the result of said blackmail.
    oy vey...
    I never meant to insinuate that the M-Pox was Lemire's idea. Merely that the idea did not originate in the pages of an Inhumans book. It's cool to be upset about it, that's fine... but writers such as Chalres Soule, James Asmus, G. Willow Wilson, Amy Reeder and Brendan Montclare, Warren Ellis and Geoffrey Thorne do not deserve to be the focus of this animosity.

oy vey...
    I never meant to insinuate that the M-Pox was Lemire's idea. Merely that the idea did not originate in the pages of an Inhumans book. It's cool to be upset about it, that's fine... but writers such as Chalres Soule, James Asmus, G. Willow Wilson, Amy Reeder and Brendan Montclare, Warren Ellis and Geoffrey Thorne do not deserve to be the focus of this animosity.
    If you say so....................

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Secret Wars? Fear Itself? Infinity? It honestly hasn't been that long.
    SW is an exception since collected many marvel stories including hero vs hero.

I prefer to forget anything related to Fear Itself that was awful.

I agree Infinity was interesting and deserves to be recognized.