Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

He did all of that with a kryptonite shard still broke off in him as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    Because he went below the landmass and lifted up the part of the earth while the K crystals were still growing so giving enough time to send to the sun
    Wow I never realized that. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Fanwank is that his vulnerability to kryptonite is psychological, and not physical.

Reality is that it's supposed to be one of those situations where he pushes himself beyond his physical limits to do the impossible because the imminent danger would bring about catastrophic results if he can't manage to do it.

EDIT: Plus what DeadXman said.
    I always thought it was a metaphor for how he's finally put Lois behind him, since it happens right after she and Marsden save his ass.

BANNED

When Superman lands on the island the first time, he feels no effects at all. I'm used to him getting sick, dizzy, collapse, etc. He did none of that. When I first saw it, I thought "well this is new, but whatever. If that's where we're going to go, I'll go there with you." Then some third rate thugs beat the tar out of him, so the effects were clearly "He doesn't get sick, he just becomes human." I was thinking that this would result in a really innovative climax, because this means that Superman can't just throw the thing into outer space and be done with it.

Then 15 minutes later he spends some time getting a tan, returns to the island, and throws it into outer space, while making a big deal out of him getting sick while doing it.

It's the sudden inconsistency that I think is the biggest problem of the film. But that's nothing new to Superman. In the 77 movie, Superman can fly so fast he can turn back time at the end of the movie, but, 30 minutes earlier he had difficulty catching a missile. Such inconsistencies pop up all the time in the comics too.

This is not an issue that can be solved until they de-power him to 1940-level where his abilities made a modicum of sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Who gives a ****, thats one of the least awfull things about that movie.
    Actually, it is the most awful thing about that movie

BANNED

Because he went below the landmass and lifted up the part of the earth while the K crystals were still growing so giving enough time to send to the sun
    There were kryptonite crystals right beside him as he was lifting the island up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    There were kryptonite crystals right beside him as he was lifting the island up.
    like I said the the Crytails were growing, now if you really want the "no-prize" solution on why it didn't instantly weaken him like in the first movie.

It is not pure kryptonite but the kytonian crystals with Kyotnite impurities thus creating weaker radiation thus it was effecting superman more like modern K dose

BANNED

like I said the the Crytails were growing, now if you really want the "no-prize" solution on why it didn't instantly weaken him like in the first movie.

It is not pure kryptonite but the kytonian crystals with Kyotnite impurities thus creating weaker radiation thus it was effecting superman more like modern K dose
    And your explanation as to why those same crystals weakened him to human level proportions when he first landed on the island?
    Last edited by AJBopp; 09-10-2016 at 07:02 PM.

If I recall correctly Lex got him into a drawn out conversation before Supes realized there was Kryptonite laced into the island, the implication being that it's a gradual effect rather than an instant loss of powers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    If I recall correctly Lex got him into a drawn out conversation before Supes realized there was Kryptonite laced into the island, the implication being that it's a gradual effect rather than an instant loss of powers
    yeah Lex drew it out until he noticed superman was sweating then he goons attacked. now the only pure Krytonite was the shiv he used and thus Superman was instantly weakened. once Lois removed that bit that was still in superman he became normal again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    I thought the answer was obvious:

BECAUSE HE'S SUPERMAN!
    I think this deserves to be said in a rap voice - Because he Superman.
    but seriously, Superman returns makes very little sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I think this deserves to be said in a rap voice - Because he Superman.
    but seriously, Superman returns makes very little sense.
    Still better then Man of Steel

Hell The quest for peace is better then MoS

BANNED

How does Superman Returns make very little sense?