Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Angry in superman returns how did superman manage to lift a island full of kryptonite?

how could he lift it with out being killed ? it just doesn't make any sense at all .....

BANNED

By the power of weaponised plot holes, of course. And it said so in the script, so what else could he do?

BANNED

Cuz he's from the Silver Age

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    Cuz he's from the Silver Age
    Silver Age Supes was deathly allergic to green K. Byrne's Post Crisis Supes is the one to dull and extend the effects.

Routh Superman could do it, because it was in the script of course.

BANNED

By being Superman in a superhero story and overcoming the obstacle in his way to save people.

Mighty Member

I thought the answer was obvious:

BECAUSE HE'S SUPERMAN!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post

BECAUSE HE'S SUPERMAN!
    I totally agree with this. He had enough motivation to push himself to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I totally agree with this. He had enough motivation to push himself to do it.
    Yeh, that's how I saw it too. He pushed himself to overcome the kryptonite knowing full well that it would probably kill him. Isn't hat what Superman is pretty much all about?

Willpower?

Astonishing Member

I think we are so used to Superman doing stuff just because he can and therefore puzzle when he needs to dig down deep to achieve the impossible. If the human body can reach super human levels under difficult extranuous circumstances why can't Clark?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post

BECAUSE HE'S SUPERMAN!
    Well, no. Really not.

He's going to drop dead instantly if he gets anywhere near that amount of green K, specifically BECAUSE HE'S SUPERMAN!. It's one of the things he's known for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, no. Really not.

He's going to drop dead instantly if he gets anywhere near that amount of green K, specifically BECAUSE HE'S SUPERMAN!. It's one of the things he's known for.
    That's what makes the scene so good. Through sheer force of will he is able to overcome his weakness for a time to get the job done. This is not a plot hole as you said earlier.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    That's what makes the scene so good. Through sheer force of will he is able to overcome his weakness for a time to get the job done. This is not a plot hole as you said earlier.
    Considering Luthor and his thugs whopped Supes after he landed on the island; you know, when he wasn't physically exerting himself in anyway or trying to fight back. Superman up and lifting the same said island into is load of bollocks. Like, the hero has to win because the it's the third act of the movie and it doesn't matter how impossible and improbable that victory is.

BANNED

"Sheer force of will" isn't magic. It's like Batman overcoming being shot in the head a lot of times through sheer force of will.

I mean, this is film considers Superman The Movie canon, the same version of Superman who was utterly incapacitated by a very small piece of kryptonite in an earlier film when Lois Lane was in danger.

It's the very definition of a plot hole? One moment he's getting clobbered by Lex and his men on an island made of Kryptonite, the next he's able to lift it into space. Where was his "sheer force of will" when Luthor was manhandling him before?