Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kelly Thompson Hawkeye interview

http://io9.gizmodo.com/kate-bishop-t...-co-1786800373

I'm definitely excited for this new ongoing to come out, I've been really enjoying everything I've read that has had Kate Bishop since the original young avengers run, especially Matt Fractions Hawkeye which is where a lot of the inspiration for this series comes from.

What I definitely love though is that they mentioned that Miss America Chavez might make an appearance later down the road which I would love to see and hopefully other past members of the Young Avengers show up as well. Although Pizza Dog better be in this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

ysssssssssssssssss

Really looking forward to this book. Glade Kate's gonna get a chance to shine away from Clint. And I really hope America shows up from time to time.

(And where is Pizza Dog these days?)
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

So Kate's back in LA, huh? How long before she gets arrested again ?

I do kinda hope that detective and couple from Fraction's run comes back...I wonder if we'll also see Madame Masque make a return as well to menace Kate? If she's even in the condition for that after Invincible Iron Man.

It feels like we're getting a lot of Superhero PI's these days...

I really hope Clint doesn't ever show up in this book, for a variety of reasons.

I'd love a Kelly Thompson Dazzler and Elsa Bloodstone book .

Really looking forward to this one.

I think I'm going to have to some pull list pruning in order to fit Hawkeye and the new She-Hulk book on my list.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Sounds really good, so excited about Kate finally going solo.

One of my favourite characters. I hope it does well.
    It is a pity it has the Hawkeye/Hulk shadow hovering over it.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    One of my favourite characters. I hope it does well.
    It is a pity it has the Hawkeye/Hulk shadow hovering over it.
    That's more over Clint then Kate, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's more over Clint then Kate, though.
    I probably wasn't clear.
    My perception of the comic is different. If Clint was up and about and in a more positive place than I'd be more excited for this. Just an emotional reaction I'm having. And to be fair, it is just not this comic (although it is heightened by it being the Hawkeye book).

I'm surprised she's got the same logo that the last four years of Clint's books have had - Occupy Avengers is using a logo in the exact same style, so I was expecting her to be given a different one instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    With Kate. See her Choosing Sides story.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-19-2016 at 09:31 PM.

I just hope she won't be written as awful as in All New Hawkeye.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I'm glad to see that Kelly will follow Fraction's direction with Kate. The character is in good hands and I can't wait for issue 1

Kelly Thompson!!

Kate Bishop? Veronica Mars?
    Alert! Swoonage at Maximum!

And that cover by Julian Totino Tedesco? Holy wow that is LOVELY.

My knee jerk reaction to the interior artist's work was less favorable but upon a good night's sleep and further reflection on the story, its giving me more Cliff Chiang vibes -- which I can really get behind - and I feel will likely gel really well with the whole PI, ground level, mystery solving angle Kate's being ushered into.

I'm so on board with guest appearances, cameos and/or maintaining significant ties to her friends and former teammates BUT I do think it is first important and appropriate to laser focus on Kate -- on her own, by herself, doing her thing, making it work, making it happen -- before all of those juicy bits are benevolently gifted to we super fans. I also really appreciate her stating that she WANTS to include America down the line, but that we should have realistic expectations and understand that it will take time IF it happens. The story may diverge from initial intentions and its really good of Kelly to understand and address that possibility so publicly.

I'm very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Really looking forward to this book. Glade Kate's gonna get a chance to shine away from Clint. And I really hope America shows up from time to time.

Annnnd another old timey hero, (Clint) is moved into the senile room replaced by a legacy character, like so many other original Heros. I wonder if there is a pattern here? I do hope Kate Bishop gets a chance to shine without Clint looking over her shoulder. I was wary of Nadia taking over as Wasp from Janet, but I am now looking forward to Nadia's influence on the MU. Such little ripples are turning into big waves, and Nadia is one of those unexpected phenomenon. Kate can have a really interesting support cast if done right.

I have been really excited for female representation in sports of late with the Olympic rugby sevens, and the new AFLW starting in Australia, as well as how young women led the Paraolympics just recently, have been so empowering and inspiring. So to see female super heroes taking up responsibility in the MU fits very nicely with how women today are so important. (A particular shout out to my Matilda's great showing in the soccer world championships).
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-20-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Annnnd another old timey hero, (Clint) is moved into the senile room replaced by a legacy character, like so many other original Heros. I wonder if there is a pattern here? I do hope Kate Bishop gets a chance to shine without Clint looking over her shoulder. I was wary of Nadia taking over as Wasp from Janet, but I am now looking forward to Nadia's influence on the MU. Such little ripples are turning into big waves, and Nadia is one of those unexpected phenomenon. Kate can have a really interesting support cast if done right.

I have been really excited for female representation in sports of late with the Olympic rugby sevens, and the new WAFL starting in Australia, as well as how young women led the Paraolympics just recently, have been so empowering and inspiring. So to see female super heroes talking up responsibility in the MU fits very nicely with how women today are so important. (A particular shout out to my Matilda's great showing in the soccer world championships).
    I really like your enthusiasm Jackolover - and I appreciate your spolier threads.
    Just a clarification though it is AFLW not WAFL (that is the name of the Western Australian league).