BANNED

Default CBR is widely blocked

I'm not sure where to post this, but I'll try here.

Many establishments have CBR blocked on their wi-fi. Is there a reason for that?

The cbr.com domain has had two previous owners. The first one was Nissan's Cambridge Basic Research. After they closed in 2001, a couple of years later a company called Oxide took over. When you get to 2006/7, you can see that the links start redirecting to something that gets blocked. Maybe that's to blame. Comic Book Resources took over the domain last year.

http://web.archive.org/web/200703150...://www.cbr.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The cbr.com domain has had two previous owners. The first one was Nissan's Cambridge Basic Research. After they closed in 2001, a couple of years later a company called Oxide took over. When you get to 2006/7, you can see that the links start redirecting to something that gets blocked. Maybe that's to blame. Comic Book Resources took over the domain last year.

http://web.archive.org/web/200703150...://www.cbr.com
    Maybe so. But it wasn't blocked at McDonald's until today. That may be the decision of the local franchise owner, but it's not clear why they did it.

Spectacular Member

One website, which I frequent often, made "improvements" similar to what CBR is doing and this resulted in the message boards being blocked by the firewall at work. I guess the thought was that people would just access the site via their personal devices. If so, that is stupid thinking. Many workplaces allow casual surfing, actually expect it. What they don't want is people hunched over their personal devices (especially when the Manager walks in, which is how it usually goes).