Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Now what reason do they have to do that?

Going by comic book fans Michael B Jordan ruined that movie all by himself never mind all the other documented that really doomed that film. All Fox has to think is it's his fault so lets make Johnny white in the next one before the deadline.

And if you are Marvel do you REALLY want them back? Because who is going to suffer in return? If Marvel had them now would we even see 3 Thor films? Black Panther? Carol Danvers? Iron Man? Capt America?

Unless Marvel tosses out a movie a month.

Because you had no trouble doing it for everyone else who is known LESS than the FF. Who knows who Misty Knight is? Her toys along with quite a few others are in bulk at most stores.

Star Wars has made a career of tossing out no names in toy lines.

Remember we are talking toy molds-so the costs are even lower.

And lets not forget it's hard to find FF stuff to begin with. Lets not blame MJB & that movie for that. It was happening long before that.

Heck finding that movie was a hard to do until recently.

The point of that petition should be stop holding back two franchises because your PREDECESSORS over flooded the market, bought Ultraverse to bury it, tried to get Static & Milestone and other bad business choices that lead to selling movie rights.

Erasing the FF is equal to Out of sight out of mind. The longer you don't use them-the longer you allow someone to take their place.

Right now the FF need the fans of Wally West who had no trouble going off on DC to the point gave in. Many of them quit Dc completely. When you hurt profit-folks listen.

Maybe a month or two of no Marvel books bought might send a better message.
    If Fantastic Four toys don't regularly sell than they aren't put out because they can't justify the cost of making them. Putting out a new product rather than a failing one is far less of a gamble. As a company would you really sell something that you aren't making enough on to justify continuing to make them? We put up with this all the time in comics so I hardly see the problem in toys.
    Lets not forget that Spider-man was in the FF position before recently and Marvel and whatever companies they had been affiliated with had no problem putting them out. They didn't care because they could move Spider-man merchandise without much hassle, that is not the case with the FF.

But here's the thing, Marvel still does make Fantastic Four merchandise, just not much of it. They have T-shirts, prints, trades, coffee mugs, costumes, minimates, keychains, etc. And to be clear that I could pull right off their Amazon page. Even on their website you can get FF material. Can you find it in stores, not usually but it is online and from them. Doctor Doom seems to have been getting the most attention as of late (various statues and an Avengers titan hero toy for instance) but as I've clearly stated, companies will move what they can sell and the FF themselves don't do that as well as they could.

Also when did I blame the movie for them not selling? The movie certainly didn't help Marvel in the slightest but I don't blame that for the lack of interest in the FF themselves.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Now what reason do they have to do that?

Going by comic book fans Michael B Jordan ruined that movie all by himself never mind all the other documented that really doomed that film. All Fox has to think is it's his fault so lets make Johnny white in the next one before the deadline.

And if you are Marvel do you REALLY want them back? Because who is going to suffer in return? If Marvel had them now would we even see 3 Thor films? Black Panther? Carol Danvers? Iron Man? Capt America?

Unless Marvel tosses out a movie a month.
    Well Marvel has MBJ now so they might as well take the whole FF lol.

To be completely honest I like the variety not having the X-men, Spider-man, or the FF has brought to the MU (and MCU). Not having them has definitely made Marvel expand it's scope and give other characters real pushes. So I would seriously hope that if they got the rights to the FF and X-men back, that they would not neglect the characters they've been pushing. If that means X-men/FF have to take a 5-10 year movie break I'm fine with that.

And to be even more honest one of the biggest reasons I want Marvel to get the rights back is so I don't have to keep reading ridiculous conspiracy theories about how Marvel is trying to "kill off the X-men".

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    no one sets out to make a bad film.
    Unless their name is Uwe Boll.

It's kind of sad that a TMNT cartoon gives more respect to the Fantastic Four then the company that created them .

BANNED

Ah, the "my characters involved in massive brand wide crossovers aren't getting enough attention" joke. I like that one. I also like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    That's a good step, yeah, but one could attribute that to how big Hasbro is as a company. Plus, supposedly, Hasbro isn't making nearly as many of the X-Men figures (judging by the increasing prices of said figures on eBay). There's also still the issue of the video game ban (affecting all games made after Contest of Champions), the X-Men & F4 characters being phased out of the recent cartoons after early Season 3 of Ultimate Spider-Man, & the fact that the X-Men & F4 have been removed from posters & t-shirts released as of recently.
    To the first point: do you follow the Marvel Legends series? Distribution has been an issue for years, and it's more retailers' fault than Hasbro's. The X-Men wave was available for preorder on Amazon and everything. Meanwhile Black Panther has been above 30 dollars from third party sellers for months.

To the second point: if there are any X-Men or F4 characters in video games, there is no "ban." If Marvel wanted to remove characters from any of these games, they would. This isn't hard. If they're as evil as you all say why would they bend over backwards to get rid of these characters quietly?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    What is Fox supposed to do? They only have film rights.
    They can make good movies out of those licenses

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    They can make good movies out of those licenses
    Well, given their track record so far, I don't think it's likely we'll be seeing a good Fantastic Four movie out of Fox anytime soon (if they even bother at all).

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

How often is a 55th anniversary ever actually celebrated? I know company's make a big deal out of 50th and 75th.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    To the second point: if there are any X-Men or F4 characters in video games, there is no "ban." If Marvel wanted to remove characters from any of these games, they would. This isn't hard. If they're as evil as you all say why would they bend over backwards to get rid of these characters quietly?
    That's because whenever you gain the license to use Marvel characters, you're told in that license who you can & can't use. Obviously Contest of Champions was the cut-off point, but every game made after CoC has been prohibited from using the Fox characters. So if a company like, say, Capcom, wants to do a Marvel game right now & negotiate a license, they'd be banned from using any X-Men or Fantastic Four characters unless Marvel Entertainment has a change of heart in the near future.

What I'm trying to do is raise awareness so Marvel can't slip this under the radar like they currently are.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

BANNED

That's because whenever you gain the license to use Marvel characters, you're told in that license who you can & can't use. Obviously Contest of Champions was the cut-off point, but every game made after CoC has been prohibited from using the Fox characters. So if a company like, say, Capcom, wants to do a Marvel game right now & negotiate a license, they'd be banned from using any X-Men or Fantastic Four characters unless Marvel Entertainment has a change of heart in the near future.

What I'm trying to do is raise awareness so Marvel can't slip this under the radar like they currently are.
    Not the point. If there are (ongoing) games from before the cutoff that still have those characters, there is no ban. Marvel could make a call and have the X-Men characters in MPQ discontinued by Friday. But they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Not the point. If there are (ongoing) games from before the cutoff that still have those characters, there is no ban. Marvel could make a call and have the X-Men characters in MPQ discontinued by Friday. But they dont.
    Well, then you would to refund the people for the characters that were removed; otherwise, im pretty sure that it's illegal.

But sure, the Complex is just psychotic paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Exactly. The X-men have been mistreated but the Fantastic Four have been erased.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    How often is a 55th anniversary ever actually celebrated? I know company's make a big deal out of 50th and 75th.
    This.

I've never even imagined there would be a celebration for a 55th anniversary... who DOES that?? 50th maybe 60th? certainly 75th... but 55?

How many games are we actually talking about here? The online Marvel game had X-men and FF, Marvel Lego has X-men and FF playing major chapters..., and CoC has them? In 2014 and it's only 2016?? How many games have actually skipped them yet?

X-men legends are clogging up my Walmart aisle today... Fantastic Four? Well... They're kind of DONE already. 3.75 sold multiple box sets of them, I remember some Marvel Legends with them too... so I'm not sure what people are actually asking for anymore. Deadpool is Everywhere... I REALLY haven't seen any lack of the properties myself.

It reminds me of people complaining about Black Widow not getting any action figures... when I personally owned 3 completely different releases of her... and I wasn't even a fan. Just because they haven't fallen inot your lap, doesn't mean the properties are dead and abandoned.

So if a company like, say, Capcom, wants to do a Marvel game right now & negotiate a license, they'd be banned from using any X-Men or Fantastic Four characters unless Marvel Entertainment has a change of heart in the near future.

well there are obvious exceptions to this: Dr. Doom and Wolverine are likely to be featured in any future Marvel-wide video game, I would like to think Deadpool is in this category too. But to reinforce this point, during the development of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Capcom had to fight really hard to get Storm and Sentinel in the game. Storm, who is a very recognizable character and one of the more popular X-Men had to be fought for, and this was back in 2011. If MvC4 ever happens it's X representation probably stops at Wolverine and Deadpool; an iconic character like Magneto will likey either have to be fought over or left out entirely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, then you would to refund the people for the characters that were removed; otherwise, im pretty sure that it's illegal.

But sure, the Complex is just psychotic paranoia.
    MPQ, and I presume most of the other mobile games, are free to play. You can't specifically go to the store and say "five Storm covers, please!" Maybe you'd get a few redeeming coins back, but if the Complex has decided Marvel is so evil that they'd do anything to ruin your franchise, why would they care to do anything further?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    well there are obvious exceptions to this: Dr. Doom and Wolverine are likely to be featured in any future Marvel-wide video game, I would like to think Deadpool is in this category too. But to reinforce this point, during the development of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Capcom had to fight really hard to get Storm and Sentinel in the game. Storm, who is a very recognizable character and one of the more popular X-Men had to be fought for, and this was back in 2011. If MvC4 ever happens it's X representation probably stops at Wolverine and Deadpool; an iconic character like Magneto will likey either have to be fought over or left out entirely.
    There are 19 Marvel characters in MvC3. 7 of them are X-Men characters, or one third of the Marvel roster. Compare that to 4 characters who are also in the MCU, 4 from Street Fighter, 3 from Resident Evil, and only 2 from Mega Man. Consider how many Marvel characters people would clamor for the chance to play as in MvC, and how few slots there are. Black Panther? Nope. Doctor Strange? Nada. Nightcrawler? Nein. Daredevil; an actual, literal Street Fighter? Try again. So don't be upset when 200 characters have to jostle for 20 spots and one of your favorites doesn't make it in.