Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Guardians of the Galaxy vs The Starjammers

Two scenarios:

1) Team vs Team

Both teams have their standard ships, weapons, powers and equipment.

Fight takes place on an Earth-like planet in the Shi'ar Galaxy.

No prep-time. Their respective ships lock onto eachother in orbit above this planet and they begin their attack. After the battle of the ships is done, the losing ship crashlands on the planets surface, and the team battle continues on the ground.

2) One on One Battles

Starlord vs Corsair
    Rocket vs Hepzibah
    Gamora vs Raza
    Drax vs Ch'od
    Groot vs Korvus

Who wins?

Incredible Member

In team vs team, the Guardians have this. They have more muscle and more talent. The Starjammers are talented and resourceful but just not at the same level as the Guardians.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Similar in the one-on-one's.

Korvus might take Groot, but the rest are a clean sweep for the Guardians.

Fantastic Member

I am assuming this is the movie line up in the first scenario, because the Guardians have included some pretty heavy hitters in their line up including Adam Warlock. I am also assuming that you mean the newest line up and a not the year 3000 line up.

That being the case, I am pretty sure that Gamora and Drax can take out the Starjammers while the other three relax and watch the fun. Hell, maybe even Gamora by her self. Her healing factor and durability is insane. She walked around the inside of the Dyson sphere to save the rest of the Guardians by reactivating a protective force field.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Would Binary being on the Starjammers side help out any?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Would Binary being on the Starjammers side help out any?
    I could see carol as being extremely helpful. You'd have to get the whole Guardian's team off the bench then. I am pretty sure that Gamora could hold her own against Carol. Carol might be able to ring out Gamora, but that is iffy. Gamora is really fast.

I still think this would be a fight in favor the guardians, but it's closer.

You are joking, right? This is a total stomp in the other direction with Binary on the team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You are joking, right? This is a total stomp in the other direction with Binary on the team.
    It depends, are we talking about cosmic version of Binary who was silver surfer like and connected to a white hole, or just regular Carol Danvers who while powerful can still be stymied by Gamora.

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    It depends, are we talking about cosmic version of Binary who was silver surfer like and connected to a white hole, or just regular Carol Danvers who while powerful can still be stymied by Gamora.
    Regular Carol Danvers isn't normally Binary. She's absorbed enough energy to amp back to that level a few times in the last 12 years or so, but for the most part, she's "just" Warbird/Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel - class 70 flying brick with energy absorption and projection.

Binary specifically refers to glowy Carol with the Binary powerset. Which means high-end class 100, FTL traveling, transmuting, healing, no-sells forces that OSKO Colossus, fixes spaceships with force of will Carol. And that person ain't losing here.

This would be a closer fight using the original Guardians of the Galaxy.

BANNED

Would I be far off when I say I think that both Drax and Gamora each could solo the Spelljammers?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Would I be far off when I say I think that both Drax and Gamora each could solo the Spelljammers?
    Who are the Spelljammers?

If you are talking the Starjammers, sure Gamora and Drax probably beat most of their iterations. Though that depends on which Drax we are talking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Who are the Spelljammers?
    My bad,I have RPGs on my mind.

Any and every incarnation of the GotG would decimate the Starjammers
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Any and every incarnation of the GotG would decimate the Starjammers
    Oh, there are a bunch of versions who'd get their butts handed to them by at least two versions I can think of:

1. The version that included Phoenix-lite Rachel Grey, Korvus and his big-assed sword and Havok from the War of Kings period. That group takes out most versions of the Guardians without breaking a sweat.

2. The 80's/90's version that included Binary. That version probably takes out any version of the Guardians.

Both of those versions would stomp the crap out of the current Guardians. Basically, the core Starjammers - the ones we think of when we use the name - get smooshed by the Guardians, but there have been members who'd do just fine against, or even solo the other team.