Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Jason and Artemis interaction was gold.

Very enjoyable issue and this series definitely earned its place as my favorite rebirth book.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. does anybody know who long the Black Mask storyline will be?
    Issue 5 probably.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    There are absolutely nothing on this issue that support what you are saying.
    And Jason "defeat" her with a big taser on his chest.

When she finally get that bow, it will probably boost her power.
    No but I've read all the stories of Cassie in the N52. Most that you'll remember were written by Lobdell and there's a noticeable gap between her skills and Artemis'

Donna is a little iffy due all the retconning going around with her but she and Artemis seem in equal terms, with maybe Artemis' battle axe giving her a slight edge against Donna.

There is nothing I didn't love. The back and forth with Jason and Artemis. Black Mask's frankly creepy buddy-buddy behavior. The coloring and art.

Well worth my money.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    No but I've read all the stories of Cassie in the N52. Most that you'll remember were written by Lobdell and there's a noticeable gap between her skills and Artemis'

Donna is a little iffy due all the retconning going around with her but she and Artemis seem in equal terms, with maybe Artemis' battle axe giving her a slight edge against Donna.
    Yeah, i don't know about all that. I also put myself in the terror that was Lobdell Titans. To me, in terms of combat skills, Artemis probably is better than Cassie, but not stronger.

And Donna fought Wonder Woman toe to toe. And she have powers, like super strenght, flight and such. Also, she too have a weapon of choice, so...

Anyway, Artemis only have on issue of showings, so there is nothing for me to believe that she is on Donna's level yet.

But it's only my opinion.

About the comic, i really liked this issue, the art is good and the story is entertaining.
    I am not sold with the whole Bizarro idea, but i'll wait and see.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

I'll agree she had better skills than Cassie but I'm also hesitant to pay too much attention to things that happened in Lobdells Teen Titans. However there really hasn't been anything indicating Donnas overall level of skills or strength yet. We shouldn't start that comparison right now, especially with Jason being Artemis only showing.

This book never fails to make me happy. Fun interaction. Awesome fight sequences. Soy's Artemis looks insanely good and it really sells on how formidable the Amazons are. Giant axe aside, I love the sais but more importantly, that knife... is that the kris??

Spectacular Member

good issue amazing art

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    This book never fails to make me happy. Fun interaction. Awesome fight sequences. Soy's Artemis looks insanely good and it really sells on how formidable the Amazons are. Giant axe aside, I love the sais but more importantly, that knife... is that the kris??
    Nope, is a tactical knife

I just googled the kris and some actually look quite similar. Like this one, it says Dune - kris knife: http://grimmindustries.deviantart.co...e-02-184552124

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That one is a prop/replica from the Dune series though.

An actual kris knife has a "wave" pattern in the blade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This issue was crazy fun all the way. I was laughing out loud by the banter between Jason and Artemis. Mostly Artemis' zingers:

spoilers:
    "Who needs bracelets?"

Artemis-"DO. NOT. CALL. ME. PRINCESS." Jason "okay". HA!

"You're not a member of the Justice League. Because, frankly, you're not good enough."

"Does counting make you feel smarter?"

"I think I got it now. You excel at shouting out the obvious"
    end of spoilers

LOL, I couldn't stop laughing while reading this issue. This is perhaps the best Artemis has been written ever. And the reveal at the end is going to make the next issue really interesting.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Soy's artwork has been incredible! I hope he stays on the book for a long time.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with the Dune series. Now I think it's a tactical knife as Orujo-man said. However I looked up some Moro Kris, a few of them do have straight blade. Granted, they still look nothing like Jason's knife so I know I was wrong.

Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with the Dune series. Now I think it's a tactical knife as Orujo-man said. However I looked up some Moro Kris, a few of them do have straight blade. Granted, they still look nothing like Jason's knife so I know I was wrong.
    If you have interest in knives I must say to you. Really is a combat knife, tactical knife is basically called all military knives,with combat purposes or for other uses apart for combat. It's a generic term.

Extraordinary Member

The series looks good sofar.

But I really would prefer if would see more of Jasons All-Cast training than of him using Guns (without really hitting anything) or his costume taser.
    For me the series is still lacking in highlighting Jasons skills and giving him some big "Fuck Yeah"-moments in comparison to what we seen in the other Batfamily series. That something that is missing imo since Lobdell took over from Pfeifer.