Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do the Green Lanterns deserve exclusive membership in the Justice League?

Which other lantern could join the justice league? I couldn't imagine lafleeze being compassionate enough to want to join. Maybe star sapphire or someone else from the sapphires?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Which other lantern could join the justice league? I couldn't imagine lafleeze being compassionate enough to want to join. Maybe star sapphire or someone else from the sapphires?
    I don't think we really need to have other Lanterns join the Justice League. It's not as if this is The Justice League of Lantern Corps.

Mighty Member

Didn't Saint Walker kind of join at the tail end of pre-Flashpoint JLA?

I don't see why Carol Ferris couldn't be a member either.

BANNED

What's wrong with the Green Lantern who's assigned to this planet being in it? Why do you need more Green Lanterns in the JLA than that?

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Didn't Saint Walker kind of join at the tail end of pre-Flashpoint JLA?

Yup. My icon is from that run. He worked with DickBats and frankly, it was amazing.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I could see a Star Sapphire, Blue Lantern, or Indigo Lantern being a member of Steve Orlando's upcoming JLA team but the current JL team already has 2 Lanterns and that's enough for me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Wow, I don't even remember Saint Walker joining the League at any point .

Carol's the only other major heroic Lantern, outside the GLC of course, so it would be interesting to see them up her hero cred by having her join a League and letting her interact with more heroes who aren't Hal or the other Earth GL's .

Though we're starting to get to a point where we could have at least one Earth Lantern on every Superhero team .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Carol's the only other major heroic Lantern, outside the GLC of course, so it would be interesting to see them up her hero cred by having her join a League and letting her interact with more heroes who aren't Hal or the other Earth GL's .

Though we're starting to get to a point where we could have at least one Earth Lantern on every Superhero team .
    To be fair it was more a team up than a joining up. But Starman's powers had the same effect on his as a Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it was Robinson's "replacement Justice League" which was half grown-up former Teen Titans (Dick Grayson as Batman, Donna Troy instead of Wonder Woman, Starfire, and sometimes Cyborg) as well as other later-gen replacements (Jade in a Green Lantern-like position and Jessie Quick as their speedster) and some other "unique" members (Congorilla and blue-skinned Starman).

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It would be helpful if we had a clearer idea of what a Star Sapphire could do. They have the basic bare minimum ring-slinger abilities - flying, protection from being in a vacuum, maybe a few other things - and then those poorly defined love abilities. ('Cause y'know, women, they're all about the love, AmIRite guys?)

The Blue, Indigo, and Violet Lanterns have not fared well as characters in the whole Emotional Spectrum mishagoss. They're always in the background. The Reds, Orange, and Yellows have all had their own series and much better defined character arcs.

And the Star Sapphires are creepy. What they did to Fatality - and really, to John as well - *yechhh*.

I always liked Star Sapphire in the pre-Johns day, and was looking forward to a reboot/rework that made sense and still kept them distinctive. Like: the Zamarons, the female equivalents of the all-male Guardians, stuck to their own planet, but periodically chose a mortal, made her a Star Sapphire, and sent her out into the universe for reasons of their own, which would be explored. (Maybe to see through her eyes, as if she were a drone, to check on the activities of the Green Lanterns, and maybe intervene? Obviously they also gave her delusions - you wouldn't want to stick with the whole "we made you our queen!" business as literal.)

But now they're just Another Color Corps, many of their actions seem pretty amoral, their goals don't seem to be discussed, and so we're not left with anything very interesting. From my point of view.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Astonishing Member

The Blue Lanterns probably have the most depth out of the non-title supporting Corps. They don't create much conflict by themselves, which is why the Odym level of Lego Batman 3 had to be based on the Reach assault from New Guardians. The mystery surrounding the Indigos appears to be intentional, as even their language cannot be translated by other rings.

As for Orange getting more attention, Larfleeze doesn't work in his own series. The fact his title only lasted twelve issues and ended with minimum fuss shows this. He works better as a guest or recurring character. Rather like the Minions from Despicable Me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    But now they're just Another Color Corps, many of their actions seem pretty amoral, their goals don't seem to be discussed, and so we're not left with anything very interesting. From my point of view.
    I agree with pretty much everything you just said. I think the Star Sapphires in general are really poorly defined, their goals are poorly defined, they do a lot of creepy stuff (I think their brainwashing is brought up as a negative thing maybe once? and even that was ignored) that's never addressed, even the source of their powers isn't defined well (does platonic love work? does ONLY romantic love work? do you have to have a broken heart to get a ring like it seemed initially? can fake love power them?). Not that that would preclude adding one to a team book, but I think they need a lot of work overall

The main non-Green corps member I'd want to see on the League is Carol, yeah. I'd love to see her interact with the League members, but honestly that doesn't fit Carol's character. She's always been the grounded type, managing her business has always been one of the cornerstones of her character, the superhero life shouldn't agree with her despite her recent escapades in space.

BANNED

maybe atrocitus could join the team as a reservist called upon when they need killing done although Guy could give him a run for his money.

Since the JL needs more female members, I think using Star Sapphire in JL instead of Hal Jordan can be tried.