Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Martian Manhunter and the League .....

I got to thinking about this the other day and how the Justice League just does not feel right with J'onn not being on the team. They showed at some point in the Nu52 he was on the team but was spying on them or something and created the bad blood between him and the League since then. I am wondering now with Superman being the older version who had great relationship with J'onn in his reality if they could use that as a stepping off point to get J'onn back in the League like he should be. It would be a logical way to undue a bad idea they came up with in the Nu52 in my eyes.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?

I cool with John in the League anytime. I really don't see a reason why he wasn't included in the first place.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I think they are making him more true to his alien nature and be remote and removed from humanity but maybe green lantern can shed some light on the Martian dilemma and bring him back with batman opposing the move as he must feel that spying on his teammates is his trademark shtick. it will be reminiscent of the situation where guy was trying to bring in major glory and John was resistant to the idea and then had to give in when Orion and lightray quit.

Incredible Member

Because Cyborg is already occupying the role of the black member of team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Because Cyborg is already occupying the role of the black member of team.
    John isn't Black, he's green and no just because he can shapeshift into a Black guy doesn't mean he's the black guy.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

The satellite era jla did not have Jonn so I do not believe Jonn is necessary in the JL.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

The Martian Manhunter clearly belongs in every version of the JLA - and he was in almost every version too - and the fact that they replaced him with Cyborg remains one of the New 52's biggest crimes as far as I'm concerned. I mean, really, Cyborg? Of all characters?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    The satellite era jla did not have Jonn so I do not believe Jonn is necessary in the JL.
    Huh?

BANNED

I think the founding members of the Justice League should always be the original 7 from the team's first appearance. I don't mind if they change the lineup, but retconning the team's formation to replace J'onn with Vic still pisses me off a lot. I have some issues with J'onns character but I'd definitely rather have him on the JL than Cyborg.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Huh?

To be fair, J'Onn's appearances with the League during the Bronze Age were few and far between. For the entirety of the 1970s and the first half of the 1980s, a J'Onn appearance with the League was treated as a special occasion.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 09-13-2016 at 12:56 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I hope he gets a role in the new JLA book at least.
    I don't see him returning to the main team anytime soon, sad as it is. DC will want to keep movie synergy like they did the Squad and they've spent 5 years trying to make Cyborg as a founder work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    The Martian Manhunter clearly belongs in every version of the JLA - and he was in almost every version too - and the fact that they replaced him with Cyborg remains one of the New 52's biggest crimes as far as I'm concerned. I mean, really, Cyborg? Of all characters?
    What's wrong with Cyborg?

Incredible Member

Sort of surprised that he wasn't on the JL roster for Rebirth come to think of it.

I don't really miss him though to be honest. I just wish they'd do more with Vic.

Accidental post.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I think the founding members of the Justice League should always be the original 7 from the team's first appearance. I don't mind if they change the lineup, but retconning the team's formation to replace J'onn with Vic still pisses me off a lot. I have some issues with J'onns character but I'd definitely rather have him on the JL than Cyborg.
    I agree with the caveat of A Green Lantern and Flash, not Hal and Barry specifically