Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Aquaman #6 preview

of Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/30882-super...ue-finale.html

Or they have poor memory or this is his intention in all comics(not only in superman comics), use the characters as if nothing had happened, Aquaman even says "Clark" speaking with superdad.... DC forget very soon his characters..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    of Newsarama:

Or they have poor memory or this is his intention in all comics(not only in superman comics), use the characters as if nothing had happened, Aquaman even says "Clark" speaking with superdad.... DC forget very soon his characters..
    You say that as if its a bad thing...

I haven't been able to read Newsrama's previews ever since they updated their website .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    of Newsarama:

It honestly could be that Aquaman just slipped out and said it cause of his closeness to the other Superman, or maybe he knows this Superman is from another Earth so assumed Clark. It's pretty vague and should probably be explained cause it comes off as an error but I like it. It makes them seem like they have some sort of bond

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't been able to read Newsrama's previews ever since they updated their website .
    If your on mobile try "request desktop site" and then click on the preview

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This does read a lot like Post-Crisis Superman, but I'm glad this book is just ignoring the hugely convoluted situation in the SUPERMAN books. Makes it much easier to enjoy.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This is gonna be a good issue. I like Supes, but he is clearly on the wrong side here. Looking forward to Aquaman & Mera knocking some sense into him.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I'm just assuming everyone has met Superdad over in the Justice League book(I haven't read it) already so Arthur at least has a basic idea of all the weirdness surrounding the Superman situation already.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    This is gonna be a good issue. I like Supes, but he is clearly on the wrong side here.
    As usual. Nothing new here.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Fantastic Member

Why is Superdad working with the president? He had just appeared replacing a dead Superman, why would the president instantly call him?

Why is Aquaman pretending that Superdad should trust him, when he has only known the guy for a short period of time?

Why is the comic pretending as if Superdad didn't just recently replace a dead Superman?

:\

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    Why is Superdad working with the president? He had just appeared replacing a dead Superman, why would the president instantly call him?

Why is Aquaman pretending that Superdad should trust him, when he has only known the guy for a short period of time?

Why is the comic pretending as if Superdad didn't just recently replace a dead Superman?

:\
    That really bothers me, it doesn't really make much sense. Should of used cyborg or something to avoid this.

On the positive side i really like Brad Walkers art here. Much better than the first issue he did and plus the male characters finally have much more expression and generally better looking faces in comparison to the previous artist.
    Last edited by lameco; 09-03-2016 at 08:33 AM.

BANNED

It's quite satisfying watching Aquaman punch more famous superheroes. Actually, despite the physical match the coolest stuff was in their verbal exchanges. Mera was no exception too. Speaking of Mera, this was the first issue I picked up since Rebirth started. I like the brain coral pattern on her new costume.

Always Rakzo

I quite liked this. Good characterization and dialogue all around. A few problems with Arthur and Mera handling Superman for so long but I like to think that he was containing himself. Black Manta killing the leader of N.E.M.O. was something I was expecting but it was still satisfying.

Spectacular art from Walker, the character expressions sold this for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I quite liked this. Good characterization and dialogue all around. A few problems with Arthur and Mera handling Superman for so long but I like to think that he was containing himself. Black Manta killing the leader of N.E.M.O. was something I was expecting it but it was still satisfying.

Spectacular art from Walker, the character expressions sold this for me.
    They both were containing themselves in standard superhero practice not a family/loved one in peril. Superman was concerned with helping him afterwards and Aquaman was concerned with him being the one to solve this crisis, because like he says, that`s his role. This is his stuff, his territory. And I loved that fitting dialogue.

The fact he didn`t pressed his advantage in that final page speaks it. That being said, Clark still looks more durable of the two (as it "should be") but how satisfying to read Arthur speed punching Superman while verbatism.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 09-07-2016 at 11:12 AM.

It's kind of interesting to see Arthur feels there's a "hierarchy" in the League, with the Trinity at the top and then the "loyal and true trio" of Cyborg, Green Lantern and Flash, while he feels completely left out. Seems like part of the reason Arthur was wailing on Superman was because he was finally letting out all his frustration from what's been going on (his arrest, the attacks, the possible war) and how he's been treated by the general populace and his peers.

I do have to feel bad for Superman here. He was trying to control the situation and prevent anymore violence and help Arthur as much as he could but he got the tar beaten out of him as a result, not to mention Arthur calling him out for perceived mistreatment that I doubt Clark ever intended. Though I imagine Superman was probably going easy on Arthur and Mera for the entire issue, and Arthur knowing they could never really beat him probably in part inspired his comment about how they need to resolve things before he intervenes.

Ironically, before Mera broke him out, Arthur was perfectly willing to abide by the law and work with the government, as Superman believed he needed to do.

Wow, the Fisher King...came and went. And now Manta's in charge of NEMO, so that should be interesting to see play out.

BANNED

Are we really going with the idea of Superman was beaten his ear out because he didn`t want to fight and Arthur was enraged or frustated? I didn`t find this fight shocking one bit. Aquaman is, after Wonder Woman the most physical imposing Leaguer (maybe Shazam as well, but I haven`t followed his reboot material), but he`s up there. This isn`t even the first time they clashed.

Unless people are actually expecting this "real" Superman to be considerably stronger than New52, despite not knowing et what his deal is, then I remain curious at such scepticism about Aquaman and Mera doing as well.