Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Two things for the new team to bring into the Wonder Woman Universe:
    -Bring back Donna Troy but not as Wonder Girl but as Troia doing her origins with the Titans Mythology.
    -Bring back Etta Candy as her best friend and also her role with the Wonder Woman Universe.
    former Terrifan2

BANNED

Uh, I guess I really only have two main things on my wishlist.

1) Be a good quality book. This is something I doubt heavily from the creative team, so it's my major request. Be a book that's actually good.

2) Don't just ditch Azz's verse, use it as the set-up and add to it rather than just doing what's cost WW from having an established world and continuity in the past.

Then, these are just bonuses.

3) Oh god leave Donna Troy in limbo. Some things are just better gone.

4) For that matter, try and make decisions for the interests of a good book, rather than pandering to nostalgia.

If they bring back Donna, she needs to be very different before with one simpler origin that is stuck to. The character was initially created by accident due to a misunderstanding and became a complicated mess with a billion origins. The New 52 gave us a chance to start again without messy continuity and infinite Donna retcons. I'm more happy with Cassie being the main Wonder Girl, but I'm not against Donna being back too; but I think she would have to be different to what she was before. People will complain about her rebooted differently but I think it's necessary to do. Being new is good. It won't have to reference and retcon past Donna stories because it will be one origin that they stick to.
    So yeah, either reboot her fully or don't bother at all. Though I think Cassandra needs to meet Diana first. That story is overdue.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

-Bring back Donna Troy, long overdue
    -Make her meet up with Wonder Girl, also long overdue
    -If you're going to have crossovers, don't just have them with Superman and Batman though, I wouldn't be opposed to either teamup - it's just like, in her 3 years in the new 52, it seems like they're the only people she knows (And Batwoman, though it was only in one arc and that was it). I'd really like her meeting up and making friends with a bunch of different superheroes, especially more women, esp. Black Canary.
    -Improve the Amazons, make them make peace with men, also bring back the old Themyscira, the pretty looking one, with the pillars and the castles and coliseums, it's probably the lack of food, but I can't articulate this point well D:
    -Remove the Manazons from Themyscira.
    -Make her meet up with Etta Candy, I'd love for them to be BFFs again~

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

4) Some big story that develops into a DC event where Diana and the Amazons are the protagonists (and the good guys DC!). Like how GL got Blackest Night.

Ooohh, yes, this~ I would love this, especially with the good Amazons.
    Last edited by Step; 07-01-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Unless plans have changed, Donna's still supposed to return in Superman and Wonder Woman.

Just FYI.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

> removes flight from WW. Flight is a disease...and diseases need to be cleansed
    > doesn't have her relentlessly murder people
    > no ass/boob shots
    > no 9/11 allegories
    > some pro-Islamic messaging, perhaps WW converts to Islam?
    > more stuff on the Island, bring back Reformation/Healing Island, make it more like a continent that is mostly uninhabited
    > some continuity with Azz's run, but not slavishly devoted to it
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Azz created the mythological foundation at Diana's core, but now let's see her superheroic life explored just as fully.

Inclusion of Steve, Etta and ARGUS (or whatever ARGUS will become) as her supporting cast.

Establishment and exploration of Diana's villains in a primary relationship to her, not other heroes or the DCU at large. Emphasis on building up her rogues akin to The Rogues or Arkham inmates. More than a few come to mind that need to have a primary adversarial relationship established with Diana or could be revamped into something new, dangerous and fun:
    - Cheetah
    - Giganta
    - Doctor Psycho
    - Doctor Poison
    - Circe
    - Medusa
    - Doctor Cyber
    - Duke of Deception, Lord Conquest and Earl of Greed
    - Zara
    - Hercules
    - Gundra
    - Aegeus
    - Eviless
    - Veronica Cale
    - Duke Dazam
    - Villainy Inc.
    - Queen of Fables

Superman has Metropolis. Batman has Gotham City. Wonder Woman should be in Gateway City on the West Coast. Base it on San Francisco and give it life - tech, business, politics, police force, universities, politics, etc. Diana is ready to have a Metropolis, Gotham of her own, where multiple villains are active and she develops relationships with heroes and allies who spring up there and help her on her quests.

Show and tell how Wonder Woman works in tech, science, crime, etc. settings and not just limited to mythological ones. Just like Batman, she doesn't have to be defined or operate in only one thematic milieu.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Unless plans have changed, Donna's still supposed to return in Superman and Wonder Woman. Just FYI.
    Thanks for the FYI and it is about time they bring her back can't wait to read what happens.
    former Terrifan2

-Build up on Azz's run
    -Have Diana meet and train Cassie
    -Also give Cassie a better costume
    -Bring back Priscilla Rich as the Cheetah
    -Make Strife pop up every now and then
    -Introduce Wonder Boy, who was supposed to star in the failed Teen Titans spin off. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-clLy0lvWJ9...erBoy'.jpg
    -Break up WW/SM for WW/ST

BANNED

Unless Azz plans on getting to it, I want to know what happened to Athena and Circe and some of the other gods thus far missing.

I am also interested to see where the upcoming crossover with Aquaman will go. It has the potential to turn into something larger, but Parker isn't pursuing it much farther than the annual I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Unless plans have changed, Donna's still supposed to return in Superman and Wonder Woman.

Just FYI.
    Was this confirmed?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
    -Build up on Azz's run
    -Have Diana meet and train Cassie
    -Also give Cassie a better costume
    -Bring back Priscilla Rich as the Cheetah
    -Make Strife pop up every now and then
    -Introduce Wonder Boy, who was supposed to star in the failed Teen Titans spin off. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-clLy0lvWJ9...erBoy'.jpg
    -Break up WW/SM for WW/ST

I must say, that Wonder Boy design is pretty good. Was it done by Brett Booth?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I must say, that Wonder Boy design is pretty good. Was it done by Brett Booth?
    Yup, he posted it on his blog in January. http://demonpuppy.blogspot.com/2014/...urday-and.html

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
    Yup, he posted it on his blog in January. http://demonpuppy.blogspot.com/2014/...urday-and.html

Thank you.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

To be well-written.
    To be entertaining.
    To be on schedule.
    To have a capable alternate artist when the time comes.
    To not have so many Bimbo-Barbie poses.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.