Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Peter Petruski AKA Paste Pot Pete AKA The Trapster

Has any writer ever delved into the reason why he didn't patent his super paste and market it? Maybe he did try but big business tried to screw him out of any profits, which is what usually happens to inventors(at least in comics).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There was an AU where he did exactly just that and become a successful businessman. From the Marvel Villains entry on Trapster:
    Other Appearances: "Traps" by Ken Grobe, a short story in "The Ultimate Super-Villains" where Peter finds fortune and romance marketing his paste products in infomercials. A story so good I would love to see it become part of the Marvel Canon!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    There was an AU where he did exactly just that and become a successful businessman. From the Marvel Villains entry on Trapster:
    The problem is that story is not canon and thus has no bearing on the character from the comics.

I really dislike the trope where a super villain could make money legitimately and decides not so he can rob banks and get punched by super heroes.

Trapster has been around for 50 years, surely the writers can give him an actual in canon story that expands the character beyond being a one note generic villain.

Mighty Member

Maybe he ate too much paste in kindergarten...

maybe he huffed too much glue

BANNED

Hope ANY marvel character besides Spider-Man encounters him post Drivel Gore II.

BANNED

Default Strange tales #124

Strange tales #124
    The Human Torch and The Thing team up to battle the menace of... Paste-Pot Pete!

The first story in strange tales #124 features the human torch and the thing – starting this issue his permanent partner for this feature – working together the face-off against a newly improved Paste-pot Pete.

In this issue to meet up with a recently freed Paste-pot Pete, whom was given early release for helping the Avengers. With his newfound freedom – in typical super villain fashion – he chooses to pursue vengeance against human torch for his prior defeats.

But what makes him think he can defeat his old rival? That’s simple a newly revised suit and some newly revised paste!

Art
    Artistically speaking, this story was adequately done.
    While I find the new design for Paste-pot Pete lacking, the panels of this issue were quite adequate and sufficient in telling the story.

Characters and development
    This issue offered little in the way of character development for our heroes. As has been typical for this feature, I believe to leave most developments for the Fantastic Four title. But even the limited support cast this title has offered ( mainly Doris) sees little and the way of development in this tale.

Paste-pot Pete, the featured tag antagonist is the one character to see development. And I find that mostly limited to the characters redesign. Even for him I feel it to be lacking.

BANNED

Talking Spidey's reaction to "Paste-Pot-Pete"

Thanks to Spidey, Paste-Pot-Pete changed his name.

BANNED

Smile The Super Hero Squad Show - Paste Pot Pete

"Why PETE?! That's your name PETE! If you don't wanna be called PETE then you should have picked a better name PETE!"
    Best MODOK moment ever in my opinion! XD

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I miss the Superhero Squad cartoon. It had some clever writing and some good voice actors. Jane Lynch did a guest shot as Nebula and then you had George Takei voicing Galactus...that's hard to top

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Trapster is one of my favorite villains and has been for a very, very long time!

BANNED

To me, since 616 Peter Parker has become a successful businessman then so too should 616 Peter Petruski!

might as well. he was just replaced by a young woman Trapster.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ah, two Peter P.'s who invented sticky stuff.

One went on to become a superhero and then a CEO.

The other… made a career as a supervillain.

Maybe Petruski can swallow his pride and work for Parker?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Has any writer ever delved into the reason why he didn't patent his super paste and market it? Maybe he did try but big business tried to screw him out of any profits, which is what usually happens to inventors(at least in comics).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    The problem is that story is not canon and thus has no bearing on the character from the comics.

I really dislike the trope where a super villain could make money legitimately and decides not so he can rob banks and get punched by super heroes.
    That really IS dislikable, yes.

Trapster has been around for 50 years, surely the writers can give him an actual in canon story that expands the character beyond being a one note generic villain.
    100% in agreement.