Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Peter Petruski AKA Paste Pot Pete AKA The Trapster

Has any writer ever delved into the reason why he didn't patent his super paste and market it? Maybe he did try but big business tried to screw him out of any profits, which is what usually happens to inventors(at least in comics).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There was an AU where he did exactly just that and become a successful businessman. From the Marvel Villains entry on Trapster:
    Other Appearances: "Traps" by Ken Grobe, a short story in "The Ultimate Super-Villains" where Peter finds fortune and romance marketing his paste products in infomercials. A story so good I would love to see it become part of the Marvel Canon!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    There was an AU where he did exactly just that and become a successful businessman. From the Marvel Villains entry on Trapster:
    The problem is that story is not canon and thus has no bearing on the character from the comics.

I really dislike the trope where a super villain could make money legitimately and decides not so he can rob banks and get punched by super heroes.

Trapster has been around for 50 years, surely the writers can give him an actual in canon story that expands the character beyond being a one note generic villain.

Mighty Member

Maybe he ate too much paste in kindergarten...

maybe he huffed too much glue

BANNED

Hope ANY marvel character besides Spider-Man encounters him post Drivel Gore II.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Maybe he ate too much paste in kindergarten...
    I know that the comicbook character Matt Murdock was nick-named Daredevil when he was in school, so I would not be surprised if the comicbook character Peter Petruski was nick-named Paste-Pot-Pete in kindergarten.

what's his hometown and how often has he come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what's his hometown and how often has he come back?
    Dayton, Ohio (I think)