Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Daredevil #35 Dec 1967
    Daredevil Dies First!
    Trapster seeks legal advice from Nelson and Murdock on the penalty for murdering Daredevil;

After a pitched battle with D.D. in which the villain believes the hero vanquished,

Trapster heads to the Baxter Building to take on the F.F. but finds Invisible Girl the only one home.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Bill Everett

BANNED

Daredevil #36 Jan 1968
    The Name of the Game Is Mayhem!
    Daredevil arrives at the Baxter Building to find The Invisible Girl glued to the floor. He hears a ticking sound inside a drawer and realises it must be a bomb.
    Using his Billy club, DD swings the bomb outside where it immediately explodes. Mister Fantastic and Human Torch hear the explosion and rush back home where
    Sue Storm explains Daredevil rescued her. The Trapster arrives on his anti-gravity glider to see if his booby trap had worked and DD asks for first crack at him.

As DD battles Trapster across the city, Foggy prepares to run for district attorney, and as he celebrates he receives a call from Debbie Harris who is out of prison
    and wants to see Foggy again. Meanwhile, Ol’ Hornhead dives onto The Trapster’s glider and after overpowering the villain, crash lands in Central Park.

Trapster makes a run for it with DD in chase. Eventually Daredevil catches his target as he dives into the subway, but the impact causes both men to crash down
    the stairs and DD wrenches his back. On the verge of unconsciousness, Daredevil hears the cops arresting The Trapster but they fail to notice DD who has rolled onto the tracks.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Frank Giacoia

what's his hometown and how often has he come back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Maybe he ate too much paste in kindergarten...
    I know that the comicbook character Matt Murdock was nick-named Daredevil when he was in school, so I would not be surprised if the comicbook character Peter Petruski was nick-named Paste-Pot-Pete in kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what's his hometown and how often has he come back?
    Dayton, Ohio (I think)

Mighty Member

Come to think of it, "Paste Pot" Pete is like Jack Kirby and Joe Simon tongue-in-cheek characters: "Crazy Quilt", "Double Header", "Geek".

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

The Trapster, aka Paste-Pot Pete,. aka Peter Petruski, needs an upgrade, as do the entire Frightful Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    The Trapster, aka Paste-Pot Pete,. aka Peter Petruski, needs an upgrade, as do the entire Frightful Four.
    Perhaps.

But should it be too controversial ala Identity Crisis Dr. Light?
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Pete was already upgraded by the Gideon Trust. They just need to acknowledge it. Otherwise, someone who specializes in death traps should, realistically, be terrifying.

Mighty Member

I remember when I had the "a ha" moment as a kid when I asked "If this guy is smart enough to invent a belt that literally STOPS TIME... why would his first thought be to go rob a bank?!". It never occurred to me to ask that until I was maybe seven or eight.

But things like that just make me love comics even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I remember when I had the "a ha" moment as a kid when I asked "If this guy is smart enough to invent a belt that literally STOPS TIME... why would his first thought be to go rob a bank?!". It never occurred to me to ask that until I was maybe seven or eight.

But things like that just make me love comics even more.
    did you see the movie 'Jumper?' the ability to stop time would make that guy a serious threat. he would, speculatively, be killed. or some criminal figure would kidnap him/force him to recreate his technology. power attracts evil. it also threatens the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    did you see the movie 'Jumper?' the ability to stop time would make that guy a serious threat. he would, speculatively, be killed. or some criminal figure would kidnap him/force him to recreate his technology. power attracts evil. it also threatens the status quo.
    It's a problem with superhero comics. Instead of learning to write or use "minor" super-powers intelligently, we upgrade the power levels until we have demi-gods who can't do $#!+. Anyone like Petruski who can develop a paste and small devices like he does should be a multi-billionaire. But no, He's going to make his paste into a gun and use it to rob banks.

The Trapster, Wizard, Mad Thinker, Puppet Master should all be quietly running multi-billion dollar empires.

I'd write Flash's Rogues Gallery as a bunch of super rich bored guys just pranking Barry for fun while their devices make them billions legally.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's a problem with superhero comics. Instead of learning to write or use "minor" super-powers intelligently, we upgrade the power levels until we have demi-gods who can't do $#!+. Anyone like Petruski who can develop a paste and small devices like he does should be a multi-billionaire. But no, He's going to make his paste into a gun and use it to rob banks.

The Trapster, Wizard, Mad Thinker, Puppet Master should all be quietly running multi-billion dollar empires.

I'd write Flash's Rogues Gallery as a bunch of super rich bored guys just pranking Barry for fun while their devices make them billions legally.
    I like the absurdity of it honestly. I get what you're saying and you're right, but It's just One Of Those Things about comics that I gladly accept even though it's ridiculous. I've had my fill of "But what if comics were REALLY REAL LIKE REAL LIFE REAL". It was interesting but I've been over it for a long time now. ...did not expect Paste Pot Pete to lead me here.

I also love how whenever someone got powers in the past they instantly decide they must either stop crime or commit crime. There is no third option. Leth's Hellcat series had a fun character who basically said he wanted crime to play no part in his life, either the stopping of or the committing part, why would he instantly become a hero or villain?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

I'd argue that Pete is a bored rich guy. does he look like he hasn't eaten in awhile? we've seen him lounging on a cruise ship (it was one of those she-hulks books). generally, he's hanging out at one of the Wizard's palatial villain bases (and we know that Bentley has robot servants). plus he has access to Bagallia and the bar with no name. you think of him as an idiot but don't have half of his access. he's a celebrity; practically above the law. and how many hours does he work a week; would you guess? do you think he gets up at the crack of dawn or has to beg his boss for a raise? he's done the paste marketing before. it was probably boring enough that he returned to crime. going straight wouldn't provide him any cushier of a lifestyle than the one that he's living.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I like the absurdity of it honestly. I get what you're saying and you're right, but It's just One Of Those Things about comics that I gladly accept even though it's ridiculous. I've had my fill of "But what if comics were REALLY REAL LIKE REAL LIFE REAL". It was interesting but I've been over it for a long time now. ...did not expect Paste Pot Pete to lead me here.

I also love how whenever someone got powers in the past they instantly decide they must either stop crime or commit crime. There is no third option. Leth's Hellcat series had a fun character who basically said he wanted crime to play no part in his life, either the stopping of or the committing part, why would he instantly become a hero or villain?
    Paladin didn't choose either.