Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

At least per his nom de guerre he now builds traps that don't use paste, like that air compression ring he used on Lyra.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I like the absurdity of it honestly. I get what you're saying and you're right, but It's just One Of Those Things about comics that I gladly accept even though it's ridiculous. I've had my fill of "But what if comics were REALLY REAL LIKE REAL LIFE REAL". It was interesting but I've been over it for a long time now. ...did not expect Paste Pot Pete to lead me here.

I also love how whenever someone got powers in the past they instantly decide they must either stop crime or commit crime. There is no third option. Leth's Hellcat series had a fun character who basically said he wanted crime to play no part in his life, either the stopping of or the committing part, why would he instantly become a hero or villain?
    I think it's less the absurdity (which I can accept) than the lack of proper exploitation of abilities (which does kind of get to me). And it's a very flexible line depending on my current mood.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Paladin didn't choose either.
    Paladin.. the purple guy? I'm not too familiar. Isn't he a hitman though? Or is he more of a mercenary? That would fall under criminal/bad... maybe? Or maybe not, in-universe.. Honestly not sure.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think it's less the absurdity (which I can accept) than the lack of proper exploitation of abilities (which does kind of get to me). And it's a very flexible line depending on my current mood.
    I can understand that. Maybe it can be explained as the things that make one a good inventor are not the same things that makes one a good criminal? Maybe I'm reaching.

Paladin.. the purple guy? I'm not too familiar. Isn't he a hitman though? Or is he more of a mercenary? That would fall under criminal/bad... maybe? Or maybe not, in-universe.. Honestly not sure.
    would Janet Van Dyne date a bad guy?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    would Janet Van Dyne date a bad guy?
    Definitely... she dated Hank Pym, right?

Mighty Member

Just caught up with Unbelievable Gwenpoole tonight.. and who shows up.. but Paste Pot Pete! Not the Trapster, but Paste Pot, complete with actual pot of paste and big floppy bow tie. He monologues a bit while robbing an armored car. He says that his greatest power is the ability to make others underestimate him. He is self depreciating and purposely lame so as to appear as less of a threat and fly under the radar.

Then Gwen shows up and erases him from reality by shoving him outside the borders of the panel (she can do that now, long story).

So RIP Paste Pot Pete aka the Trapster, Whenever He Was Invented-2018.

Just caught up with Unbelievable Gwenpoole tonight.. and who shows up.. but Paste Pot Pete! Not the Trapster, but Paste Pot, complete with actual pot of paste and big floppy bow tie. He monologues a bit while robbing an armored car. He says that his greatest power is the ability to make others underestimate him. He is self depreciating and purposely lame so as to appear as less of a threat and fly under the radar.

Then Gwen shows up and erases him from reality by shoving him outside the borders of the panel (she can do that now, long story).

So RIP Paste Pot Pete aka the Trapster, Whenever He Was Invented-2018.
    The Unbelievable Gwenpool #21 if I’m not mistaken.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

BANNED

Strange Tales #110 Jul 1963
    "The Human Torch vs. the Wizard and Paste-Pot Pete!"
    After a training session the Human Torch goes over his scrap book of past adventures,
    and recalls his previous battles against the Wizard and Paste Pot Pete, wondering what his old foes are up to today.

Coincidentally enough, at that very moment Paste Pot Pete is busy breaking the Wizard out of prison

so that the two may conspire on how to defeat their mutual foe.

Using the Wizard's suit that mimics the Human Torch's powers, the two begin to commit crimes that cause the press to accuse the Human Torch of being a spy.

Script by Stan Lee (plot) and Ernie Hart [as H.E. Huntley] (script), art by Dick Ayers.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Love that look.

I mean, he has his paste in a freaking bucket lol. He simply doesn't give a single darn about anything.

Weak posture, green suit, pink ribbon, some form of hat....beautiful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Love that look.

I mean, he has his paste in a freaking bucket lol. He simply doesn't give a single darn about anything.

Weak posture, green suit, pink ribbon, some form of hat....beautiful.
    This is the most dangerous kind of man with a bucket of paste.. the kind with nothing to lose.

I could honestly see some hipster copying this look, in an ironic, above- it- all way, of course.

It's nice to see a thread pay homage to an old silver age villain. Love all these characters. Peete, Whirlwind, Porcupine, Eel, Batroc, Stilt-Man, etc. Some of the names and characters have changed but most are still around in one way or another. Would love to see a team book of these guys like Superior Foes of Spiderman. If I remember correctly it was very successful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    It's nice to see a thread pay homage to an old silver age villain. Love all these characters. Peete, Whirlwind, Porcupine, Eel, Batroc, Stilt-Man, etc. Some of the names and characters have changed but most are still around in one way or another. Would love to see a team book of these guys like Superior Foes of Spiderman. If I remember correctly it was very successful.
    I want a second volume of "Superior Foes" as much as I want any other potential book. Spencer has Boomerang and Beetle in Amazing Spider-Man already, so I'm really hoping he's setting up a revival.

I want a second volume of "Superior Foes" as much as I want any other potential book. Spencer has Boomerang and Beetle in Amazing Spider-Man already, so I'm really hoping he's setting up a revival.
    Plus Spencer had a bunch of old villains in his Ant-Man as well. Enjoyed both very much. Enjoyed Spider-Man #1 too because of Beetle and Boomerang. Looks like a reunion might be on the horizon. Janis Lincoln the Beetle would be a great antagonist for Peter.

so where did the Trapster grow up? how did this influence his outlook while growing up?