Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Not enough Eisner.

I was just going to post some of his splash pages. Here's one of my favorites:

More Eisner:

The great Lou Fine:

Reed Crandall:

Jerry Robinson and Mort Meskin:

Curt Swan and Murphy Anderson (aka the "Swanderson" Team)"

Mike Kaluta:

Don Newton:

So many great pages from the 3 Cap issues Steranko did, including the double splash in each issue. But I think this is my favorite. from #113

Last edited by Kirby101; 09-18-2016 at 06:46 AM.

Big John Buscema steps in to finish one of the greatest Avenger epics of all time. Palmer inks. Avengers #97.

Last edited by Kirby101; 09-18-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

As long as you're bringing up the great John Buscema Avengers run, might as will include this famous splash page from issue #58

BANNED

After Kirby Thor, Simonson Thor is the thoriest Thor out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    As long as you're bringing up the great John Buscema Avengers run, might as will include this famous splash page from issue #58
    Absolutely IM, that is classic, probably more so than the one I posted.

I remember from the ongoing cover contest, in my memory I thought for sure it was a cover at one point until I looked at the issue. I have a sub to Marvel Digital and it's great for digging into stuff without looking into long boxes. My younger brother keeps all of the comics we had as kids since he has a large basement.

Since you brought up Steranko's Captain America, I dived into those again. Isn't there supposed to be one of those Artist's Editions of that? I think I should pre-order that if there is.

In any case, this is a cool ending panel to the story where Rick Jones * proposes that he take on the role of Bucky to a reluctant Cap in issue #110 . I just notice that it seems that Steranko paced the issues so that the double pages tend to appear on pages 12 and 13

* fixed typo.....thanks edhopper
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-18-2016 at 12:08 PM.

I remember from the ongoing cover contest, in my memory I thought for sure it was a cover at one point until I looked at the issue. I have a sub to Marvel Digital and it's great for digging into stuff without looking into long boxes. My younger brother keeps all of the comics we had as kids since he has a large basement.

Since you brought up Steranko's Captain America, I dived into those again. Isn't there supposed to be one of those Artist's Editions of that? I think I should pre-order that if there is.

In any case, this is a cool ending panel to the story where Bucky proposes that he take on the role of Bucky to a reluctant Cap in issue #110 . I just notice that it seems that Steranko paced the issues so that the double pages tend to appear on pages 12 and 13

I know it's a typo, it's Rick Jones filling in for Bucky.

Any way, that Steranko AE which contains his later Strange Tales Fury including the 4 page splash, all four issues of Shield and the 3 Cap!! books was solicited in 2014 and due out in 2015. It is now slated for next year. The problem, Steranko is designing the book and taking his sweet time. It will be worth it but the wait is excruciating.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC140472

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    So many great pages from the 3 Cap issues Steranko did, including the double splash in each issue. But I think this is my favorite. from #113

Awesome Steranko goodness!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ooooooooooooooh, that one is great, IM! Nice!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Grant Morrison and Jae Lee's Fantastic Four 1234

These are some amazing pages and panels!!

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I know it's a typo, it's Rick Jones filling in for Bucky.

Any way, that Steranko AE which contains his later Strange Tales Fury including the 4 page splash, all four issues of Shield and the 3 Cap!! books was solicited in 2014 and due out in 2015. It is now slated for next year. The problem, Steranko is designing the book and taking his sweet time. It will be worth it but the wait is excruciating.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC140472
    Thanks for pointing out my typo (I've been doing a lot of those lately, darn it) fixed it. And thanks for updating me on the Steranko AE. I'm going to ask my LCS if that can be preordered. Or check the online shops for it.