Page 101 of 131 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1957
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Well said, Galactus!

Now if you allow me to interrupt you for a short moment, I just would like to congratulate all the excellent contributors of The Greatest Pages/Panels In Comic Book History for this great - as usual - 100th page.

Happy 100th page!!!

And we're ready for one hundred more!!! And more... and more... and more...

Well done, Ladies and Gentlemen.
    Yeah, this is awesome. This has been a great thread with a lot of cool pages posted.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Uncanny X-Men #166

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Uncanny X-Men #194

Uncanny X-Men #320

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #166

I liked Paul Smith's art. Even though he had been in the unenviable position of following in the large footsteps of Byrne and Cockrum, Smith more than held his own and brought his own unique style to X-Men. I wonder what he's doing today?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I liked Paul Smith's art. Even though he had been in the unenviable position of following in the large footsteps of Byrne and Cockrum, Smith more than held his own and brought his own unique style to X-Men. I wonder what he's doing today?
    I love his art. I wish he stayed on the book longer. Cockrum's second stint on the book wasn't as good as his first one. So when Smith came on the book, it was really refreshing and different. He especially draws female characters really well.

I love his art. I wish he stayed on the book longer. Cockrum's second stint on the book wasn't as good as his first one. So when Smith came on the book, it was really refreshing and different. He especially draws female characters really well.
    There was a....cleanness to Smith's art that I liked. Romita Jr. followed him, did he not? I can't remember. As for Cockrum's second stint, if memory serves, I think the reason it wasn't as good was because the book was monthly by then and he couldn't quite handle the workload. I think.

There was a....cleanness to Smith's art that I liked. Romita Jr. followed him, did he not? I can't remember. As for Cockrum's second stint, if memory serves, I think the reason it wasn't as good was because the book was monthly by then and he couldn't quite handle the workload. I think.
    Yep, JRJR followed after him. Back when his art was nice, not blocky like it is now.

Yep, JRJR followed after him. Back when his art was nice, not blocky like it is now.
    If memory serves (a dicey proposition at my age), Romita Jr. was the first penciller on Iron Man when David Michelinie and Bob Layton began their run on the book, and his art back then was worlds apart from what it is today.

If memory serves (a dicey proposition at my age), Romita Jr. was the first penciller on Iron Man when David Michelinie and Bob Layton began their run on the book, and his art back then was worlds apart from what it is today.
    Yep. His art was amazing back then when Layton inked his pencils

Damn right! That was a great team!

And I totally agree about Paul Smith. His art was beautiful and just so fresh.

Incredible Member

Ai Yazawa's Nana vol. 1

JLA #38

Justice League (2011) #48

Justice League (2011) #48