Page 124 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1957

These two pages by Jim Steranko from Captain America #111 blow my heckin' socks off every time:

sterankap1.jpgSterankap2.jpg

Astonishing Member

Those two pages by Jim Steranko are indeed great.Those stories were some of the first Captain America stories i read in reprint comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Those two pages by Jim Steranko are indeed great.Those stories were some of the first Captain America stories i read in reprint comic books.
    He only did three issues of Cap (broken up by a hastily thrown together fill-in because they were worried he was going to miss deadline*), but my goodness, what issues they were!

* Steranko got into the habit of not bringing in his pages until the last minute, because that meant they wouldn't have enough time to change stuff. This made Stan a bit nervous, and he ended up sending a fill-in story to the printer for issue #112, as Steranko found out when he came to hand in his pages just before deadline. This is why Cap #113 is Steranko's last Marvel comic. For the full (and probably more accurate) story, check out the Comic Book Historians podcast where they talk about Steranko with his long-time friend and art agent, J. David Spurlock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    He only did three issues of Cap (broken up by a hastily thrown together fill-in because they were worried he was going to miss deadline*), but my goodness, what issues they were!

* Steranko got into the habit of not bringing in his pages until the last minute, because that meant they wouldn't have enough time to change stuff. This made Stan a bit nervous, and he ended up sending a fill-in story to the printer for issue #112, as Steranko found out when he came to hand in his pages just before deadline. This is why Cap #113 is Steranko's last Marvel comic. For the full (and probably more accurate) story, check out the Comic Book Historians podcast where they talk about Steranko with his long-time friend and art agent, J. David Spurlock.
    Thank you for the link.
    I will check it out.
    I thought the Roger Stern and John Byrne was the only short but great run in Captain America with only eight issues but the Stan Lee and Jim Steranko run was only three issues!
    Jim Steranko did only three issues but they were quite good, I remember being quite impressed with the illustrations and the story when I read it way back. I even thought that Jim Steranko had illustrated more Captain America stories that he did.
    I have still lots of stories from Captain America to read from the Silver Age and Bronze Age. All though I started Reading regularly the Captain America stories written by Mark Gruenwald and I have read some stories of Steve Englehart and J. M. DeMatteis from Captain America as well.

BANNED

This page always haunted me.

daredevil_page1.jpg

...but the Stan Lee and Jim Steranko run was only three issues!
    Just Steranko. Lee didn't do anything with those issues except send them to the printer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Just Steranko. Lee didn't do anything with those issues except send them to the printer.
    That´s right.Jim Steranko did write those stories as well.
    Have not read those three Captain America issues in a while so i was misremembering who was the writer.

That´s right.Jim Steranko did write those stories as well.
    Have not read those three Captain America issues in a while so i was misremembering who was the writer.
    It's an understandable mistake, what with his name coming first in the credits of every Marvel comic at the time.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

All-Star Comics #3 - “The First Meeting of the Justice Society of America” (1940)

written by Gardner Fox
    art by Everett E. Hibbard
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Hillary was right!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

It is Great with Just how Over the Top it is, LOL!