Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is Wonder Woman solo movie just a "given" after Justice League?

From Forbes:

While the WSJ says there are no definite plans for a Wonder Woman solo film, I’ve personally heard for months that while a script must be developed and approved, a solo adventure for her is assumed and will probably happen soon after Justice League if Gadot’s character is a hit with audiences.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...man-vs-batman/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I think it'll be a given.

There's too much prestige in DC being able to claim that THEY released the first female superhero movie of this new comic book movie craze. Unless the people absolutely HATE her appearance in the next movie? I think they'll decide it's worth the risk to at least TRY it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    From Forbes:

While the WSJ says there are no definite plans for a Wonder Woman solo film, I’ve personally heard for months that while a script must be developed and approved, a solo adventure for her is assumed and will probably happen soon after Justice League if Gadot’s character is a hit with audiences.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...man-vs-batman/
    I kinda think a solo Wondy IS under active development and WB is intentionally misleading us until the big official announcement, maybe at comic con.

I don't know if it's a given, but it'll never be in greater demand than it will be after the JL movie comes out.

WB is obviously playing it safe by introducing WW in the MOS sequel so that the GA can get familiar with the her. If Snyder and Gadot's take on WW is praised then I would expect an announcement shortly after the sequel is released. Although I think they are simply waiting to announce the WW solo alongside the other JL member solos.

I look at it this way.

Ask any Joe Schmo about Wonder Woman. What is he going to tell you? NOTHING that didn't come from at least a passing familiarity with the Lynda Carter TV show. That's what.

The Lynda Carter show was THE last time that Wonder Woman was truly a publicly known figure, and it was DECADES ago. Don't get me wrong, it was a great show and it's still fun to watch. The show itself is not at fault here. DC is at fault for not KEEPING Diana in the public eye after the show. Because now? Decades later? People STILL think she flies around in an invisible plane and can lose her powers if you take off her belt.

This appearance in the next movie? THIS is the chance to get Diana out there in the public eye yet again and show the world how much Wonder Woman has changed since Lynda Carter's days. People don't believe she can hang with Superman? Just you watch. People still think she's full of cheesy gimmicks like invisible planes and easily removed powers? Think again. People don't KNOW that she's the greatest warrior in the DCU? Stay tuned.

I think once people see the movie and see the new, and hopefully improved, Wonder Woman, public interest in her will soar. DC then puts out her own solo movie, where she gets to REALLY shine bright, and then hopefully the General Audience FINALLY gets what an amazing and powerful woman she is and interest in her soars ever higher.

There's a lot riding on this next movie, but if they do this right, this could be the beginning of a whole new era for Diana.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I look at it this way.

Ask any Joe Schmo about Wonder Woman. What is he going to tell you? NOTHING that didn't come from at least a passing familiarity with the Lynda Carter TV show. That's what.

The Lynda Carter show was THE last time that Wonder Woman was truly a publicly known figure, and it was DECADES ago. Don't get me wrong, it was a great show and it's still fun to watch. The show itself is not at fault here. DC is at fault for not KEEPING Diana in the public eye after the show. Because now? Decades later? People STILL think she flies around in an invisible plane and can lose her powers if you take off her belt.

This appearance in the next movie? THIS is the chance to get Diana out there in the public eye yet again and show the world how much Wonder Woman has changed since Lynda Carter's days. People don't believe she can hang with Superman? Just you watch. People still think she's full of cheesy gimmicks like invisible planes and easily removed powers? Think again. People don't KNOW that she's the greatest warrior in the DCU? Stay tuned.

I think once people see the movie and see the new, and hopefully improved, Wonder Woman, public interest in her will soar. DC then puts out her own solo movie, where she gets to REALLY shine bright, and then hopefully the General Audience FINALLY gets what an amazing and powerful woman she is and interest in her soars ever higher.

There's a lot riding on this next movie, but if they do this right, this could be the beginning of a whole new era for Diana.
    QFTT

10char

Yeah, I think it'll happen.

The difference between now and the past, which was rife with rumors but ultimate disappointment, is that there's going to be a template now. She's showing up in Superman/Batman, that's a 100% definite. So there's something to go on now rather just ideas and a few rejected scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I look at it this way.

+1000 You win the internet for the day!

BANNED

nothing for WW is a given. Wait for bat vs sup and JL are a eternity, I hope we won't need these movies to be succesful so they can start developing WW movie.
    They really have to start developing a movie, there's enough time before batvssup and JL Movie for getting it right and announce it.

Sure the pression will only grow, first because she doesn't has a movie, second because there's a long time since a female superhero had a movie. Marvel will probably heat the competition

not only that but Shazzam will get a movie. Marvel is doing a Black Widow movie

I think she needs a cartoon first then a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think she needs a cartoon first then a movie
    I say give her both. Diana needs all the positive exposure she can get.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    not only that but Shazzam will get a movie. Marvel is doing a Black Widow movie
    No Black Widow movie has been confirmed. A lot of fans want to see it happen though.

However, even if a Shazam and BW movie came out tomorrow it will have nothing to do with whether a WW film goes into production.

Extraordinary Member

It's not a given.

Avengers was a huge hit, but as noted above have we seen a Black Widow solo movie? Even though Natasha was prominent in Iron Man 2 and one of the leads in Avengers, she still only guests in Captain America 2.

And Hulk, who was another lead in Avengers, has not appeared at all unless you stayed right til the end of Iron Man 3.