Default Old Invincible War Question

I've been slowly reading through the entire Invincible run, and have just reached The Invincible War (issue #60).

Did anyone else feel like this issue was rushed? Like it should have taken place over several issues?

Or, that it could have actually crossed over with the other Image titles?

I've really been enjoying Invincible, but this issue had me scratching my head...especially when Eve gets hurt. I must have looked over that page 5 times to see if I missed something. For a minute, I actually thought I was missing pages, or that the pages were out of order.

I thought maybe Kirkman had addressed this at one time or another. But it was so many years ago now, I wouldn't know where to find his comments.

Any insight would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by stwaz; 09-13-2016 at 06:40 PM.

I agree that the issue felt rushed and that it easily could have used several issues. But Kirkman has said that he thought it would be fun to do a done in one "crossover" event. This was his attempt to do this. It's why everything happens at such a breakneck speed in the issue. Kirkman wanted to see if he could do it. Personally, I feel that not giving it a few issues of story kinda lessened the impact of what should have been a momentous battle and event and it was a mistake to cram it into one issue. But it's still a fun issue as is.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Hey thanks! Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the issue...but like I said, something felt off to me. I still thought it was effective, and the various ways he showed the devastation and the intensity of the war worked well.

It really was primarily Atom Eve being injured off-panel that had me confused.

Anyway, I'm in it for the long haul. Looking forward to the rest of the series. Thank you for responding!