Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Lesser-known Image Books

Hey, was just curious if anyone is reading/has an opinion on/can offer recommendations of not-headline Image books. Like, not BKV, Remender, Hickman kind of stuff.

I can personally recommend Invisible Republic, Limbo (which wrapped), Starve (also done, first trade better than the second), Empty Zone and Roche Limit. I don't know how Empty Zone and Invisible Republic seem to get absolutely no press, the art of EZ and writing of Invisible are amazing.

Birthright
    Copperhead
    Manifest Destiny
    Rumble
    Shutter
    Spread
    Wayward

8 House
    Autumn Lands
    Copperhead
    The Fuse
    Monstress
    Prophet
    Spread
    Wayward

Manifest Destiny!

Copperhead
    Monstress
    Southern Cross
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

I'm a little salty there's no discussion of Island Magazine on here usually. Sure anthologies have always been a tough sell in today's market, but there's only been one kinda middling series in here and the rest is all superb. Just thinking out loud here, but would anyone be interested if I did a thread on the series that have ran in it? Might help one or two folks find something they've not heard of before; and most of the stories are getting separate trade releases anyway.

Birthright, Nailbiter, Postal, No Mercy, Wayward, and Shutter are some of my personal favorites. Copperhead would be listed, but it's been missing for quite some time.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Amazing Member

Most of the current running series that I would recommend have already been called out, except Rumble which I enjoy but am slowly losing interest in. There have been a couple of short run books in the last year or 2 that I really liked, I am glad that I got them at the time and they are worth a look in trying to find the floppies or trades for them,
    Big Man Plans
    The Empty
    Reyn
    and from much longer back Bad Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    I'm a little salty there's no discussion of Island Magazine on here usually. Sure anthologies have always been a tough sell in today's market, but there's only been one kinda middling series in here and the rest is all superb. Just thinking out loud here, but would anyone be interested if I did a thread on the series that have ran in it? Might help one or two folks find something they've not heard of before; and most of the stories are getting separate trade releases anyway.
    I loathe Brandon Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Birthright, Nailbiter, Postal, No Mercy, Wayward, and Shutter are some of my personal favorites. Copperhead would be listed, but it's been missing for quite some time.
    New arc is well underway or else I would haven mentioned it myself.

Good call on Nailbiter and No Mercy too.

Go for it.
    I really liked the first issue but just couldnt make room for it on my pull.

Yeah, please do. I've been curious about this book for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    I loathe Brandon Graham.
    Well then, no Prophet for you! Seriously, it's fantastic, although I guess it is not really a "Brandon Graham" series as he is just one of the collaborators.

Amazing Member

Any alibi to mention Stray Bullets is just fine with me.. Just about the best- written characters in any ongoing series right now.. also really intrigued by Invisible Republic.

Invisible Republic, Nailbiter, Autumnlands, Copperhead, Starve (surprising book really), Roche Limit was also an intriguing series I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    I loathe Brandon Graham.
    Haha well I can understand he's a divisive person online, very outspoken. Would also say not all his work is fantastic either, particularly that Wicked + Divine issue recently which did very little. That said, Island Mag doesn't contain much of his work, so would be relatively safe territory for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Go for it.
    I really liked the first issue but just couldnt make room for it on my pull.
    Yeah it's a hefty sum to add monthly without knowing what's gonna be in it (their solicits are terribly uninformative too).

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Yeah, please do. I've been curious about this book for a while now.
    All right will do so in a while. Gotta dig them out first though, so it won't be very soon. My favourite ones so far were the Pop Gun War issues and the one which includes Mostly Saturn from Michael DeForge. Those are nicely self-contained too, so you're not 'committed' for several issues.