Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Has anyone ever mentioned Ringside? Its actually much more Crime/ Drama than just wrestling, and rather promising so far.. there is certainly a lack of female charachters, but what do you expect..

Quote Originally Posted by martianarts View Post
    Has anyone ever mentioned Ringside? Its actually much more Crime/ Drama than just wrestling, and rather promising so far.. there is certainly a lack of female charachters, but what do you expect..
    That is exactly why I passed on it. A book actually about wrestling would have been fresh and new. I don't need another crime story. Image has enough of those already. Plus the art is a total deal breaker.

What's the last anyone's heard on The Activity as far as the comic goes? Was 16 the last issue? That's a great under-the-radar book too.

All-New Member The Purple Pile Driver's Avatar

Not sure if its been mentioned but I am enjoying Kill or be killed.

Astonishing Member

My current favs at Image is definitely Birthright. I look forward to each issue each month, and I get sad when it skips a month or two ever so often. It's the kind of story that's right up my alley and that always finishes way too soon each and every issue.

Than there is Reyn. Reyn has an interesting premise that switches/unveils a whole new genre part-ways in, and was my Birthright before Birthright existed. It seems to be on the backburner, though.

Secret Identities was a fun superhero book, if a little on the heavy side, that ended all too soon. What's tragic about this was that you could tell they were building to something more grander, but because they were cut short, they had to sorta rush-finish. It was okay enough in my book, but you could feel the "What could have been"s like it was palpable. Reading the letters page in the earlier issues just made it more noticeable. The characters had some super cool designs for their costumes, though, and I'll miss 'em.

Honorable glass of water raising to Powerlines, which seems to be on the backburner, too, at the moment, though I can't pick it up any time and just read it and need to be in the right mood to do so, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Secret Identities was a fun superhero book, if a little on the heavy side, that ended all too soon. What's tragic about this was that you could tell they were building to something more grander, but because they were cut short, they had to sorta rush-finish. It was okay enough in my book, but you could feel the "What could have been"s like it was palpable. Reading the letters page in the earlier issues just made it more noticeable. The characters had some super cool designs for their costumes, though, and I'll miss 'em.
    Yes agreed, Secret Identities was such a cool book, it's a damn shame that it had to end too soon. Really would have loved to explore more of this world with these guys.

What do you guys think about Trees? I just bought the two trades and am looking forward to reading them. I read an interview from Jason joward that says this might only make it to 20-ish issues, maybe even only three trades worth. Hear anything about a definite end in sight?

Incredible Member

Thief of Thieves
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Sex
    A consistent favourite of mine and in my opinion chronically overlooked. Great art too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    What do you guys think about Trees? I just bought the two trades and am looking forward to reading them. I read an interview from Jason joward that says this might only make it to 20-ish issues, maybe even only three trades worth. Hear anything about a definite end in sight?
    Trees is awesome but it's had some huge publishing gaps. Its early momentum feels lost. The central mystery is still a big pull for me though so I'll keep reading.

Monstress deserves praises and Eisner indications...Sex will never get that level of popularity, but is one my favourites series too, the artwork is really particular, nothing looks like this book right now, and the story is The Dark Returns with sex, nasty villains and a giant gang war. The long texts at the end of the issues are interesting, long and chaotic monologues... amazing series.
    Casanova is a relatively popular book here in Brasil, it's published in HCs by the same company that publishes all the DC and Marvel stuff (and the art is from our most popular twins).
    Is Injection a lesser known book? (it's over?!)

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Trees is awesome but it's had some huge publishing gaps. Its early momentum feels lost. The central mystery is still a big pull for me though so I'll keep reading.
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading what's available.

Also, is Injection over? I was looking into that one too. Not for nothing, but I love a series that has ends quickly when it's good. Did anyone like Zero? I loved it at first, and then I hated it, but it was quick, I came back to it after it ended and loved it again.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Monstress deserves praises and Eisner indications...Sex will never get that level of popularity, but is one my favourites series too, the artwork is really particular, nothing looks like this book right now, and the story is The Dark Returns with sex, nasty villains and a giant gang war. The long texts at the end of the issues are interesting, long and chaotic monologues... amazing series.
    Casanova is a relatively popular book here in Brasil, it's published in HCs by the same company that publishes all the DC and Marvel stuff (and the art is from our most popular twins).
    Is Injection a lesser known book? (it's over?!)
    At least is sells very well. Both in singles and trade form.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading what's available.

Also, is Injection over? I was looking into that one too.
    Not done yet.
    Last edited by sven; 10-28-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    A consistent favourite of mine and in my opinion chronically overlooked. Great art too.
    Yes, He is a new favorite artist of mine. And the book continues to be interesting.