Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I second Purple's mention of Kill or Be Killed; I'm very much enjoying this one.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I didn't realize Brubaker/Phillips books were lesser known.

BANNED

Mechanism, dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I didn't realize Brubaker/Phillips books were lesser known.
    That's what I was thinking as well. Let's get a shout out to a brilliant book called Autumnlands - great artwork, interesting story what more do you want?

I started reading Rumble through trades and so far at the end of book 2 it's been pretty cool. Reminds me of Prophet in how weird it is. The art is incredible. Pencils and colors are top notch. It definitely deserves a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I started reading Rumble through trades and so far at the end of book 2 it's been pretty cool. Reminds me of Prophet in how weird it is. The art is incredible. Pencils and colors are top notch. It definitely deserves a look.
    Love this book. There was a lot more humor in it than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Been reading since #1. They are Migolaverse veterans. Like this book as well.

Astonishing Member

Wicked + Divine, Manifest Destiny, Green Valley, and Birthright

The Wicked + The Divine!!

My favourite books from Image have got to Alex + Ada and Whispers, both of which are short and over.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I really, really enjoyed Alex and Ada: beautiful to look at, characters of depth and growth, natural, unforced dialogue, and an interesting 'future,' suggested, not set out like a place-setting.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

One of the more interesting comics to come out from Image recently and one that really fits int to the "lesser known" category is Dark Corridor:

https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/dark-corridor

First arc is complete and the trade is out for for those who prefer that format. Also part of the Comixology sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    One of the more interesting comics to come out from Image recently and one that really fits int to the "lesser known" category is Dark Corridor:

https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/dark-corridor

First arc is complete and the trade is out for for those who prefer that format. Also part of the Comixology sale.
    She-Wolf, which is currently running is also by Rich Tomasso, for those who dig the artstyle on Dark Corridor but prefer horror/supernatural over noir/crime!

Kill or Be Killed is really good. Moonshine is promising. Seven to Eternity I think is a mature effort from Remender and look forward to more.
    Also there was this excellent book in 2008 called THE OVERMAN...that...uh...I happened to work on.

Here's another nod to Alex + Ada. It's only three trades in length, which makes it a relatively quick read, and I couldn't put it down once I started, which made it an even quicker read. Great characters, excellent pacing, beautiful art, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Fourthing the recommendations for Alex + Ada. Tremendous little title; comics needs more romance and androids in general. Only thing I would advise is to look at the artstyle beforehand since I could imagine some people disliking the extremely clean, sparse look.