Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mr. Oz appears again *Very big spoilers*

So in detective comics Tim Drake died... HOWEVER, after his death, Mr. Oz teleported him to his base cause Tim was reconnecting too many threads and needed to be taken out. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Superman thing?

I know this... Tim fans should wait a long time(found Mr. Oz? 1 year minimum) for see Tim again...

It is odd in that Mr. Oz has so far only taken an interest in anything Superman related, so it definitely changes things up now that he's locked up Tim. It also kind of shows that Oz isn't just watching the superfamily but also the rest of the DC universe which should be interesting later on.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If it follows the old watchmen story, Oz is probably the well intentioned villain doing things that the heroes do not agree with, and Dr Manhattan is sort of the good guy. Personally, I tend to agree with Oz that the ends justify the means.

Also, in the recent Flash issue, while examining the apparent "death" of his girlfriend, Barry appears to remember his death from Crisis on Infinite Earths.

We even see an image of Meena that replicates Barry's death.

If the lost 10 years are restored, I would guess that the history of pre flashpoint barry would be restored including his death and return.

Mighty Member

DC has been stumbling over a "fix" for about 2 years now.

A fix is supposed to be quick and easy. DC needs to resolve this and move on. This goes double for the bat-books, which are supposed to be street level.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am starting to get a very "Monitor" type vibe from Mr. Oz. Before the first Crisis happened the Monitor started showing up all across the DC acting all mysterious sort of like how Oz is now starting to do.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This Mr.Oz plot should have been confined solely to the rebirth special, it should have been a one and done fix used to sweep things under the rug and the books should have just continued on as if nothing ever happened.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am starting to get a very "Monitor" type vibe from Mr. Oz. Before the first Crisis happened the Monitor started showing up all across the DC acting all mysterious sort of like how Oz is now starting to do.
    They're definitely building up towards something bigger with him. I predict he'll start showing up in more books until we find out what Rebirth actually is.
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

Did anyone read the last issue of Batman Beyond? When Tim drives off in his motorcycle, something teleports him away. It's probably Oz, as well.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

First he takes Doomsday & now Tim Drake. I guess Mr. Oz will most likely be collecting various heroes & villains in preparation for whatever his master plan is. Wonder who will be next?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Maybe Mr. Oz is hunting characters from the 90's. If the next in the list is Kyle Rayner or Artemis, it could mean a pattern. Or maybe it's just coincidence.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 09-14-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This Mr.Oz plot should have been confined solely to the rebirth special, it should have been a one and done fix used to sweep things under the rug and the books should have just continued on as if nothing ever happened.
    I couldn't disagree more. It ties the DCU together in a way that makes it feel like more of a shared universe, and IMHO that is a very good thing that Marvel does much better than DC. I don't think any of it has been too intrusive, so the books are telling their own stories, but it is building a greater anticipation and mystery. I'm loving it

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe Mr. Oz is hunting characters from the 90's. If the next in the list is Kyle Rayner or Artemis, it could mean a pattern. Or maybe it's just coincidence.
    You might be on to something. The 90s generation took the brunt of the damage from the timeline changes brought about by FLASHPOINT.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014