Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe Mr. Oz is hunting characters from the 90's. If the next in the list is Kyle Rayner or Artemis, it could mean a pattern. Or maybe it's just coincidence.
    Yeah, I remember in an interview (Whoever is writing Kyle in the future) that something big will happen to him. Maybe he gets kidnapped, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    You might be on to something. The 90s generation took the brunt of the damage from the timeline changes brought about by FLASHPOINT.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    A collection of 90s DC characters. Wouldn't that be a nice thing to have? I don't blame Oz one bit

But if he does end up capturing Kyle Rayner or Connor Hawke (whatever happened to him?) then the OP might actually be onto something.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. It ties the DCU together in a way that makes it feel like more of a shared universe, and IMHO that is a very good thing that Marvel does much better than DC. I don't think any of it has been too intrusive, so the books are telling their own stories, but it is building a greater anticipation and mystery. I'm loving it
    It's been okay enough in Superman because its in the background and you can ignore it but it was completely unnecessary in Detective. It didn't natural at all.

I wonder, Oz seems to be after Tim because he holds a similar role that OG!Wally does...so will Oz come after him and the Titans eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    A collection of 90s DC characters. Wouldn't that be a nice thing to have? I don't blame Oz one bit

But if he does end up capturing Kyle Rayner or Connor Hawke (whatever happened to him?) then the OP might actually be onto something.
    Connor Hawke was never born.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I know this... Tim fans should wait a long time(found Mr. Oz? 1 year minimum) for see Tim again...
    I don't think it's going to be a year. Tynion has stated that discovering why he's so important to Oz and the overall story of Rebirth will be over a few months to a year.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/14...t-james-tynion
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Connor Hawke was never born.
    Doesn't mean people won't remember him. Or he won't show up. Or his relationships to other heroes won't start to matter.

Not in this DCU.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's been okay enough in Superman because its in the background and you can ignore it but it was completely unnecessary in Detective. It didn't natural at all.
    The New 52 reboot changes to the BatFamily and the YJ4 didn't feel natural either. They just popped up out of nowhere when Lobdell got the job and started getting orders, sometimes contradicting ones.

I think the heart of this decision to develope things slowly is to avoid the schism the New 52 caused for DC fans; it was a financial success and a shot in the arm to some properties, but also inflicted deep wounds on others just because of its abrupt nature making some major changes impossible to swallow. I think Geoff Johns, as Rebirth's overall architect, is trying to ease back in Pre-Flashpoint characterizations and history without aggravating either side of the New 52 dispute. There are fans of New 52 Teen Titans after all. Just because their books seem lackluster to some of us 90's and 00's readers doesn't mean they should have to suffer the same stuff we did.

Plus, there's a lot more fine tuning DC can do with months of a planned book compared to making a mandatory #0 issue Origin month that you then contradict or make redundant with a Secret Origins series.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Yeah, I remember in an interview (Whoever is writing Kyle in the future) that something big will happen to him. Maybe he gets kidnapped, too.
    Robert Venditti, who is writing the Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps title, has said that Kyle will appear at some point in the near future to do something only he can do. He's still a White Lantern, as shown in HJ and the GLC Rebirth issue. I'm assuming Kyle will return in either the Bottled Light arc starting in November or the storyline after that (Venditti did say he had at least twelve issues scripted and was confident on Kyle's return).

Don't forget there's still the Parallax Hal Jordan out there, last seen in Green Lantern #50 earlier this year. He was a major part of two big 90's events, Emerald Twilight and Zero Hour and there's no indication Venditti will pick up his story anytime soon. Besides, Parallax has the power of the Central Power Battery from the Oa of his world and was able to defeat Deimos in Convergence (who was able to keep Telos down for a while, for an indication of power). That's someone Mr Oz would be interested in, if only to prevent Parallax from being a spanner in his works. Not to mention a refugee from another timeline like Superman, who Mr Oz approached in Rebirth #1.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    First he takes Doomsday & now Tim Drake. I guess Mr. Oz will most likely be collecting various heroes & villains in preparation for whatever his master plan is. Wonder who will be next?
    Kyle Rayner (they already said there's something secretive planned for him), Connor Hawke/Roy McQueen whatever, Plastic Man, Artemis, Kon-El, Steel, Damage, Jack Knight, Bart Allen, XS, Bane, Jean-Paul Valley, Lobo, Vril Dox, Mongul, Eclipso, Extant/Mordru, Linear Men, The Shade.

My guess, though I don't know why...the pattern seems to involve characters who were prominent/introduced around 1991-1995, i.e., Wally, Doomsday, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe Mr. Oz is hunting characters from the 90's. If the next in the list is Kyle Rayner or Artemis, it could mean a pattern. Or maybe it's just coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Ahh. Beat me to it.
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 09-14-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Kyle Rayner (they already said there's something secretive planned for him), Connor Hawke/Roy McQueen whatever, Plastic Man, Artemis, Kon-El, Steel, Damage, Jack Knight, Bart Allen, XS, Bane, Jean-Paul Valley, Lobo, Vril Dox, Mongul, Eclipso, Extant/Mordru, Linear Men, The Shade.

My guess, though I don't know why...the pattern seems to involve characters who were prominent/introduced around 1991-1995, i.e., Wally, Doomsday, Tim.

Ahh. Beat me to it.
    Sounds to me the flux period between the end of the post-Crisis era (beginning around 91-92) and Zero Hour (94-95).