BANNED

Default Bennett (Commando) vs Conrad Stonebanks (Expendables 3)

So these two action movie villains get together in a rumble.

round 1: hand to hand

round 2: shootout

round 3: everything goes without prep

round 4: they both get prep and their henchmen/armies

bonus scenario: both switch places. what happens?

who wins?

Did not seen Exp3. feats?

Saw Commando though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Did not seen Exp3. feats?

Saw Commando though.
    If you insist (SPOILERS):
    spoilers:

-Conrad Stonebanks sniped Caesar Hale in the chest from a helicopter high above, but not kill him.
    -Dropped a really huge bomb right where the Expendables were standing from a helicopter once again, with the latter narrowly surviving and escaping.
    -Has access to pretty advanced weaponry plus the armed forces of Azmenistan at his disposal.
    -Was able to escape after being captured by Barney Ross and his new Expendables recruits, with the help of his men following a GPS tracker he planted.
    -Rigged an entire old building (which was pretty large if you ask me) with explosives, though this could require a lot of prep on his end.
    -Managed to catch Barney Ross by surprise in the old building scene and shoots him right in the chest thus making plunge into a pool of water, with the latter surviving due to body armor.
    -Was able to go toe to toe with Barney Ross in hand to hand combat.
    -Was able to survive getting shot by Barney Ross's revolver at least half a dozen times just to stand half-way up and make a final one-liner to Barney before getting shot and finally dying.
    end of spoilers

There.

Well the most impressive feat for Bennet was having the balls to fight Arnie with one arm in Commando.

Conrad does prep wars win.

BANNED

Yeah I kinda agree with you. Conrad does have superior weapons, resources, and possibly a larger army, but Bennett is kinda more superhuman and is the more physically superior fighter who also has a few arguably superhuman/former special-ops guys like Cooke as one of his top henchmen to command.

An interesting match, but I am waiting for others to come here and offer their personal opinions and evaluation on this match-up.
    Last edited by Bullet Sniper; 09-15-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Fantastic Member

The first three I would say Bennett takes, the fourth I would give to Conrad who has got the better resources and his army is better trained and equipped when Bennett's got taken down by Arnie singlehandedly (albeit when ALL Arnie movies basically had him as the Terminator in terms of strength and toughness.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    The first three I would say Bennett takes, the fourth I would give to Conrad who has got the better resources and his army is better trained and equipped when Bennett's got taken down by Arnie singlehandedly (albeit when ALL Arnie movies basically had him as the Terminator in terms of strength and toughness.)
    That's because Arius's army was being solo'd by none other than goddamned John Matrix himself. I mean for an entire army to all go up against a badass one-man-army ex-delta force special forces colonel with decidedly superhuman strength and durability, tons of access to heavy weaponry, aimbot mode, unlimited ammunition (in fact a bit more than that, since his gun's cartridge belt or something was expanding and not decreasing), and ultra-thick plot armor at once is an utter catastrophic nightmare for them, as well as sorta a legendary honor to get mowed down by him.

Sure Stonbanks had the larger and better army than Bennett/Arius, but who's to say John Matrix wouldn't slap the silly shit out of Mel Gibson and his men harder than the Expendables did?

round 1: hand to hand---Should be an interesting match. Bennett is clearly stronger and tougher, but Conrad seemed to have more moves and was probably a little quicker and over more mobile too. All in all, I figure they are close enough otherwise that Bennett's superior strength and toughness should win, but not without Conrad giving him a good fight.

round 2: shootout---Did Bennett ever even fire his gun in the movie? I think Conrad clearly seemed to be the better gunman.

round 3: everything goes without prep---Conrad was smarter and had access to more stuff. He should win this one too.

round 4: they both get prep and their henchmen/armies---This ones a slaughter for Conrad as he clearly had the superior army, complete with comparatively up to date tanks and helicopter gunships(the only heavy weapons that we saw that Arius's men even could have eventually had access too were the Sherman tank and WWII style howitzer at the offshore armory. The Azmanistan army(the one Stonebanks was using) also seemed to be larger.

bonus scenario: both switch places. what happens? Conrad is probably more successful with his new army than Bennett is simply for being smarter, but both of them probably lose in the end.

who wins?[/QUOTE]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    round 2: shootout---Did Bennett ever even fire his gun in the movie? I think Conrad clearly seemed to be the better gunman.
    Bennett shot John Matrix in the arm with a pistol and forced him to hide behind cover a bit before he got Matrix out into a personal hand to hand fight with him. And Matrix is wayyyyyyyy above Barney Ross's level.

Also for Conrad:
    https://youtu.be/Zf3gjuWZjCw?t=11m52s

He really didn't use his gun much more often than Bennett did and even then, his only showings with a pistol were against his own men (when he was going through a burst of rage) and Barney Ross, but the fact that he was able to knock him down even when Stallone was wearing armor is impressive.

I think I have lean a bit towards Bennett just a bit more. And plus Bennett survived being electrocuted and only got up and became even more angry and insane.

This ones a slaughter for Conrad as he clearly had the superior army, complete with comparatively up to date tanks and helicopter gunships(the only heavy weapons that we saw that Arius's men even could have eventually had access too were the Sherman tank and WWII style howitzer at the offshore armory. The Azmanistan army(the one Stonebanks was using) also seemed to be larger.
    One of Arius's men was using what looked like a heavy machine gun against Matrix. I forgot what weapons Conrad's men used against the Expendables. But either way, this and the first scenario are the only points I agree with you on.

Conrad is probably more successful with his new army than Bennett is simply for being smarter, but both of them probably lose in the end.
    Perhaps I should have clarified, but when they switch places, they only switch as individuals, so they only both get to command different armies from each other's their respective movies. Which means Bennett gets to lead Conrad's men against the Expendables, while Conrad gets to lead Bennett's men against Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Bennett shot John Matrix in the arm with a pistol and forced him to hide behind cover a bit before he got Matrix out into a personal hand to hand fight with him. And Matrix is wayyyyyyyy above Barney Ross's level.

Also for Conrad:
    https://youtu.be/Zf3gjuWZjCw?t=11m52s

He really didn't use his gun much more often than Bennett did and even then, his only showings with a pistol were against his own men (when he was going through a burst of rage) and Barney Ross, but the fact that he was able to knock him down even when Stallone was wearing armor is impressive.

I think I have lean a bit towards Bennett just a bit more. And plus Bennett survived being electrocuted and only got up and became even more angry and insane.

One of Arius's men was using what looked like a heavy machine gun against Matrix. I forgot what weapons Conrad's men used against the Expendables. But either way, this and the first scenario are the only points I agree with you on.

Perhaps I should have clarified, but when they switch places, they only switch as individuals, so they only both get to command different armies from each other's their respective movies. Which means Bennett gets to lead Conrad's men against the Expendables, while Conrad gets to lead Bennett's men against Matrix.
    You know, the more I think about it, I have to agree with you that Bennett would win with guns. Neither of them used their pistols too much, but Bennett did at least in more of a challenging situation, and plus, while it could just be hyperbole, he seemed really confident in his accuracy: "I'm not going to shoot you inbetween the eyes John, I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU INBETWEEN THE BALLS!". Implying that he probably has confidence that he could make any shot he wanted pretty accurately.

Regarding switching, that's what I thought. What I meant with my response was I figured with Stonebanks being smarter he could use Arius's men more effectively than Bennett could use the army from Expendables 3.

BANNED

You know, the more I think about it, I have to agree with you that Bennett would win with guns. Neither of them used their pistols too much, but Bennett did at least in more of a challenging situation, and plus, while it could just be hyperbole, he seemed really confident in his accuracy: "I'm not going to shoot you inbetween the eyes John, I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU INBETWEEN THE BALLS!". Implying that he probably has confidence that he could make any shot he wanted pretty accurately.

Regarding switching, that's what I thought. What I meant with my response was I figured with Stonebanks being smarter he could use Arius's men more effectively than Bennett could use the army from Expendables 3.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that famous line from Bennett, that always cracked me up ever since I finished the film.

Being able to get the drop on Matrix is more impressive than getting the drop on Barney, even if the latter was at a further distance.

Doesn't Bennett have stronger elite men like Cooke and Sully than Conrad does?

Oh yeah I forgot about that famous line from Bennett, that always cracked me up ever since I finished the film.

Being able to get the drop on Matrix is more impressive than getting the drop on Barney, even if the latter was at a further distance.

Doesn't Bennett have stronger elite men like Cooke and Sully than Conrad does?
    Sully never really seemed remarkable physically, and in fact actually seemed a little scrawny, though his military experience probably means he can at least fight to a decent extent.

Nonetheless, Cooke and the guy that accompanied Matrix on the plane were a different story; but they were individual fights and not there with Arius's army.

The guy that accompanied Matrix on the plane was big, but doesn't really have any feats and being big isn't enough to say he could beat Stonebanks.

Sully should be a fairly easy fight for Stonebanks.

But Cooke is a different story, being about on the same level of strength and skill as Bennett and Matrix himself. I don't see Stonebanks beating him, at least not in a fair fight.

BANNED

Sully never really seemed remarkable physically, and in fact actually seemed a little scrawny, though his military experience probably means he can at least fight to a decent extent.

Nonetheless, Cooke and the guy that accompanied Matrix on the plane were a different story; but they were individual fights and not there with Arius's army.

The guy that accompanied Matrix on the plane was big, but doesn't really have any feats and being big isn't enough to say he could beat Stonebanks.

Sully should be a fairly easy fight for Stonebanks.

But Cooke is a different story, being about on the same level of strength and skill as Bennett and Matrix himself. I don't see Stonebanks beating him, at least not in a fair fight.
    Yeah using Sully was a very silly and inadequate example for me to present. I'm talking about the other guys that work with Bennett, they're higher-level than any of Conrad's men, though the one that fought Lee Christmas was the toughest mook that Conrad had. Overall I think Commando's villains are on a whole different league than the Expendables villains in a man-to-man fight at least.

Yeah using Sully was a very silly and inadequate example for me to present. I'm talking about the other guys that work with Bennett, they're higher-level than any of Conrad's men, though the one that fought Lee Christmas was the toughest mook that Conrad had. Overall I think Commando's villains are on a whole different league than the Expendables villains in a man-to-man fight at least.
    I agree, but when one side has helicopter gunships, tanks and more men a few individually superior elites isn't going to amount for as much as it would otherwise.

BANNED

I agree, but when one side has helicopter gunships, tanks and more men a few individually superior elites isn't going to amount for as much as it would otherwise.
    In a full-scale warfare, the expendables villains have more to work with than the commando guys. But in a squad-level skirmish or a mano-a-mano fight, the Commando villains mop the floor with Dan Paine, Jean Villain, and Conrad Stonebanks.