Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default So what happened with Tim Drake in Detective..(RELATED TO SUPERMAN)

So spoilers obviously, but we just saw in Detective Comics, Tim Drake was thought to have died, but at the end of the issue is revealed to have been trapped by Dr. Oz. His death is sort of similar to new 52 Superman and Lois's death besides him not turning into sand, but I assume he was just turned to ash. This makes me really believe both new 52 Clark and Lois are prisoners in dr. oz's fortress or whatever and they could be alive. What do you all think? I'm pretty hopeful at this point

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Thinking the same. My theory is that Mr. Oz removed new52 Superman from the picture at the moment of his "death", putting in his place a "sand" figure and imbuing Lois and Lana with powers at the same time. There are, of course, other theories around, involving Superman being removed during Convergence, and being substituted by some sort of clone.

And yes, there are other cells next to Tim's, which is where I guess new52 Superman and Lois might be.

There's also that Rebirth promo art which shows Superman wearing a different suit, coming out of the shadows.

And I really want to be hopeful. Things like this do make me hopeful, but then I read the Jurgens and Tomasi interviews and I get bitter and angry again.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Well, at least Tim Drake fans shouldn't go through months of "he's a fake... a clone... he'll never come back!!!"
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-14-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well, at least Tim Drake fans shouldn't go trough months of "he's a fake... a clone... he'll never come back!!!"
    Tim doesn´t have the same problem of Superman.. His fans know about his return..

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    And I really want to be hopeful. Things like this do make me hopeful, but then I read the Jurgens and Tomasi interviews and I get bitter and angry again.
    Trust in these interviews and the message than I heard of Superman 6... Superdad Is here to stay..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-14-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well, at least Tim Drake fans shouldn't go through months of "he's a fake... a clone... he'll never come back!!!"
    Months, or perhaps years. Damn it all.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Tim doesn´t have the same problem of Superman.. His fans know about his return..
    Yeah, at least they're certain he's alive.

Trust in these interviews and the message than I heard of Superman 6... Superdad Is here to stay..
    EXACTLY my point, adrikito. These guys are trying too hard to convince us of that crappy "new status quo" which actually isn't new at all.

Vaneta Rogers strikes again.

"While we're on the subject of deaths, Tim Drake is not the first major DC hero to die in "Rebirth."

(Or rather, at least in Tim's case, he's not the first character to be presumed dead by the rest of the DCU.)

In addition to the various characters who died in DC Universe: Rebirth #1, the "New 52" Lois Lane (as Superman) was the actual first — dying in a manner similar to "New 52" Superman's demise on the eve of "Rebirth" (see our outline of the similarities in their deaths).

If Tim's death isn't final, could that mean that those deaths may not be final either?

Newsarama has already examined clues that seem to point toward the possibility that "New 52" Superman and Superwoman could return.

Now, with proof that characters who are believed dead are actually being whisked away to a prison — doesn't this add more credence to the theory that the "New 52" Superman and Superwoman are still alive somewhere?

In fact, could they be the two characters in those two doors shown in Mr. Oz's prison at the end of this week's Detective #940? When Lois was dying in Superwoman #1, she said she could see "New 52" Superman and called out to him (even though readers weren't shown what she was apparently seeing). Could that moment have occurred when she was transported somehow to a prison across from Clark, and able to see him through the glass doors?

Maybe that's a stretch, but something Superwoman writer Phil Jimenez told Newsarama in an interview earlier this week makes us think there might be something to it the idea of "New 52" Lois and Clark returning:

"What I like to keep saying, and it's really obnoxious, but I believe that it's true, is that Lois' story isn't over yet. Certainly Lois' story in Superwoman is hardly over. But there are links back to the death of the 'New 52' Superman. That stuff will come out for a while, in multiple Superman books, including mine... And even though the first issue is kind of a big thing - 'Oh my God, it's shocking!' - my intention is for this story to play out over the first two arcs of Superwoman, which will take us, I believe, to issue #6 or #7. My hope is that anyone that was interested in the first issue - shocked by it, angered by it, etcetera - will just check back in here and there, hopefully reading it full-time, but if not throughout the arc to see how it ultimately plays out."

Source: http://www.newsarama.com/31026-detec...rth-story.html

I think the other cages are less likely to have the New 52 versions of Superman and Lois and more likely to be Conner and Bart, especially since Tim is the only "prisoner" we know about.

The Young Justice kids have been pretty glaringly absent from DC since Rebirth. This might be setting up their return.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This is pretty dang interesting. I wounder what this is working up t?

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    There's also that Rebirth promo art which shows Superman wearing a different suit, coming out of the shadows.
    Gleason explained that that picture was Superdad. He said that it was his original take on the new suit, but his bosses told him to take out the yellow belt and red boots. The changes kept coming on because the new suit then lost the second red boot line that it used to have in the early promo art.

The coming out of the shadows was to signify that Superdad was coming out of hiding.

Wait, the missiles actually hit Tim? I was assuming Mr. Oz just had him teleported or something right before the point of impact. If he was actually "killed" thought yet is still alive with Mr. Oz...yeah that really turns what happened to New 52 Superman and Lois on its head big time.

And I also have to wonder, just based purely on the relationship and how I'd love to see it...is the original Kon-El with Oz too? I'd love to see the old besties plot an escape together.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wait, the missiles actually hit Tim? I was assuming Mr. Oz just had him teleported or something right before the point of impact. If he was actually "killed" thought yet is still alive with Mr. Oz...yeah that really turns what happened to New 52 Superman and Lois on its head big time.

Courtesy of Bleeding Cool: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/...hmen-spoilers/

Incredible Member

I think Superman new52 is Superdad . Most people think the characters from the DC Universe will receive the pre-reboot memories(As is already happening), but no one thinks otherwise !!! when Clark and Lois morerram they actually were taken by Oz for convergence where memories new52 were lost and were left with only the pre-reboot memory . Of course, for them to recover their memories I think Lana will be important

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I wonder if they are going to have a Mr Oz crossover in every book now. He's going to be the binding force for Rebirth. I can't imagine Batman fans are too pleased Superman characters are being dragged into their books!
    Assassinate Putin!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I think this all but confirms that Nuperman and NuLois are still alive in some way. It also helps us understand why Oz put "tragedy" in quotes. But what could this actually mean? Here are some things to keep in the back of your minds going forward:

-The three Jokers are the key or at the very least VERY important. Each Joker seems to be from a different age in DC comics not unlike how the two Supermen are of different ages in DC comics.

-Pre-Flashpoint Doomsday came back and Oz tried to capture him.

-Aside from Tim and presumably Nu Lois and Clark, Oz has one more captive that he was speaking to during John's arc.

-Superdad and his fam aren't WHAT they think they are not WHO, and neither was Nuperman and presumably Nu Lois. Oz's words not mine. He makes a point to say "what" and not who. So this indicates a fundamental misunderstanding on both Supermen's part.

-Superdad will apparently get his answer (or at lest part of it) during Superman Annual #1 in November. The book's description says that Superdad will uncover some sort of direct link to this Earth.

-Krypto is no longer a wolf but rather he is a dog with a cape again.

-We'll be getting a part of Superdad's origin in Trinity issue #2

So with all of these parts in play, along with the obvious idea that DC is pretty darn happy with Superdad and fam and intends to move forward with them as the mains, I think this plot will only thicken as time goes on. I'd be lying if I said this whole thing wasn't interesting to watch unfold.

Yeah, this has now become strong evidence that New 52 Superman and Lois are still alive. Tim is being shredded and burned alive there yet he's fine in Oz's cell outside of superficial injuries.

Makes me wonder again if we really could be headed toward some sort of eventual "Ultimate" type line on another Earth. Whether its Superdad or NuSuperman who belongs there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-14-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, this has now become strong evidence that New 52 Superman and Lois are still alive. Tim is being shredded and burned alive there yet he's fine in Oz's cell outside of superficial injuries.

Makes me wonder again if we really could be headed toward some sort of eventual "Ultimate" type line on another Earth. Whether its Superdad or NuSuperman who belongs there.
    So you're back to your "hopeful self".