Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why

A nice little video about Fallout 3.

That's . . . an hour and a half. Any chance of a TL;DR?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    No, it's a pretty good video that gets into problems with the game really nicely. Also talks about some of the things he likes about it too.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 09-14-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

You could have just posted New Vegas. It would work just as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You could have just posted New Vegas. It would work just as well.
    That would be even longer, and people probably still wouldn't get it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Fallout 1 & 2 are the greatest games in history. Fallout 3 is dumbed down trash for people who are embarassed by real video games. Something like that.

I really struggled with F3 until I learned how to use the VATS system. Then it became one of the greatest game ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GigiFusc View Post
    I really struggled with F3 until I learned how to use the VATS system. Then it became one of the greatest game ever.
    But VATS is complete broken. The normal gameplay is too, I'm sure that why a FPS has a system that hits things for you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Fallout 1 & 2 are the greatest games in history. Fallout 3 is dumbed down trash for people who are embarassed by real video games. Something like that.
    It does get into the "why" of why those games work and why Fallout 3 doesn't. It does talk about why it's garbage even without comparing it to the previous games.

I watched the first 5 minutes. Its just some guy bitching about the game. Nothing to see here, move on.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I watched the first 5 minutes. Its just some guy bitching about the game. Nothing to see here, move on.
    You mean making valid points on why the game is bad.

BANNED

Too be clear, because I'm bored and started watching the video again, the first five minutes are this:

- Talking about how dumb reviews for the game were at the time. Pointing out things like a reviewer calling the game deep and involving over footage of him shooting his ally in the face, or playing a bit of a review where the reviewer calls the terrible stupid ending that makes no sense at all awesome.

- Talking about things he actually LIKES about the game. But also points out that the AI is terrible - shows things like an enemy running around a corner into gunfire right after an enemy was just killed, and an enemy killing themself by punching the player who's blocking with some bladed weapon; made funnier as the enemy is telling the player who isn't moving (or really doing anything) to stop moving around.

BANNED

Fallout 3 is one of my favorite video games of all time.

I'm a huge Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas fan.

Yes, I played Fallout 1 and 2 first, if anyone is wondering, as well as other classics like my favorite RPG of all time, Planescape: Torment. Fallout 3 is not those games, but it's immersive and fun and that's what matters. As a tip for anyone willing to play it for the first time with an open mind, crank up the difficulty. The default is too easy and takes any strategy out of the combat. You need to make it hard enough that you're barely surviving the first few encounters outside the vault.

Yup, I enjoyed Fallout 3 too, and New Vegas, and am loving Fallout 4 so far. Which isn't to say all those games don't have their problems, but they're very minor compared to the enjoyment I got from playing them. I tried to go back and play 1 & 2 to understand why some fans of those two loathe the newer games so much, but the step backward in graphics and gameplay style was too much for me and gave up shortly afterward (and I say that as someone who's played games of that time/style before, and is a lifelong fan of RPGs). Maybe I'll give them another try someday.

And yeah, didn't give the video more than a couple of minutes. I don't care if he's going to preface it all with "here's a couple of things I liked," no way am I wasting an hour and half listening to someone rant about anything as trivial as a video game.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-19-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Oh, almost forgot. This is me when somebody drops a video into a thread over five minutes or so (or shorter sometimes):