Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    It does in fact work that way. That's how I can tell you've never played it, you'd be able to tell that there are factors that can improve or degrade how straight you shoot. You'd have to notice.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_spread#cite_ref-0
    Normal shooters have stuff like that too. Crouching, and going prone to improve your aim has been around since at least Rainbow Six; something might have done it before that, but that's the game that's jumping out at me as the first that did that kind of stuff. Your skills seem to have little effect on this in real-time, if it did, you'd be as shit when trying to shoot things in real-time without anything put into whatever skill as you are in VATS, and you'd have not problem at all hitting anything in real-time once you were basically always hitting things in VATS.

This also doesn't work anything like Morrorwind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Normal shooters have stuff like that too. Crouching, and going prone to improve your aim has been around since at least Rainbow Six; something might have done it before that, but that's the game that's jumping out at me as the first that did that kind of stuff. Your skills seem to have little effect on this in real-time, if it did, you'd be as shit when trying to shoot things in real-time without anything put into whatever skill as you are in VATS, and you'd have not problem at all hitting anything in real-time once you were basically always hitting things in VATS.

This also doesn't work anything like Morrorwind.
    And nobody ever said it worked like Morrowind.

You seem to purposefully ignore how your Firearms skill is a massive factor in weapon spread. You have seen the actual formula the game engine uses.

So basically, put that goal post right back where you found it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And nobody ever said it worked like Morrowind.

You seem to purposefully ignore how your Firearms skill is a massive factor in weapon spread. You have seen the actual formula the game engine uses.

So basically, put that goal post right back where you found it.
    Saying it does in fact work that way in response to me saying it doesn't work like Morrowind would in fact be saying it does work like Morrowind.

It doesn't have a massive factor in weapon spread, it has a massive factor on VATS aiming. VATS would be the not real-time part of the combat. Your weapons spread seems to work about the same no matter what you have your weapon skill leveled up to while in real-time. Pointing to the weapon spread as something that makes Fallout 3 unlike a FPS also doesn't work because normal FPS games have things just like that as well.

BANNED

Saying it does in fact work that way in response to me saying it doesn't work like Morrowind would in fact be saying it does work like Morrowind.

It doesn't have a massive factor in weapon spread, it has a massive factor on VATS aiming. VATS would be the not real-time part of the combat. Your weapons spread seems to work about the same no matter what you have your weapon skill leveled up to while in real-time. Pointing to the weapon spread as something that makes Fallout 3 unlike a FPS also doesn't work because normal FPS games have things just like that as well.
    Nope, it affects all shooting. It's quite clear from the link I posted and the info in the GECK, which clearly says spread is "also" taken into account when determining VATs accuracy. ALSO.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?t...Spread_Formula

But you would be aware of this even if you had simply played the game.

BANNED

Nope, it affects all shooting. It's quite clear from the link I posted and the info in the GECK, which clearly says spread is "also" taken into account when determining VATs accuracy. ALSO.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?t...Spread_Formula

But you would be aware of this even if you had simply played the game.
    I didn't say weapon spread doesn't affect all shooting. I said the way your skills and weapons spread work together do no work the same in real-time as they do in VATS. Your skills seem to have little to no effect on the weapon spread in real-time; (this does not mean that weapon spread don't affect you) where in VATS when you're at a high enough level with whatever weapon skill you'll basically never miss, and when you're a really low level you'll just about always miss...If you had actually played the game you were talking about you'd know there was a massive difference between the two. And like I already said, weapon spread is something found in other FPS games too. The VATS way of doing it would be more like how Morrorwind works, the real-time way shooting working in Fallout 3 is like a normal first person shooter.

BANNED

I didn't say weapon spread doesn't affect all shooting. I said the way your skills and weapons spread work together do no work the same in real-time as they do in VATS. Your skills seem to have little to no effect on the weapon spread in real-time; (this does not mean that weapon spread don't affect you) where in VATS when you're at a high enough level with whatever weapon skill you'll basically never miss, and when you're a really low level you'll just about always miss...If you had actually played the game you were talking about you'd know there was a massive difference between the two. And like I already said, weapon spread is something found in other FPS games too. The VATS way of doing it would be more like how Morrorwind works, the real-time way shooting working in Fallout 3 is like a normal first person shooter.
    Yeah, I'm sure the creators of the game don't know that the game they made where you shoot stuff in a first person view is a first person shooter.

Well, if you never used the option of shooting thing than you're probably not going to experience trouble in hitting things.

Unless you're saying you don't actually do anything to advance the game in this game you say is good? They also didn't take notes on the waypoint system. It's just like Oblivion, they just give you a mark on the map and you go directly to it. You can't really turn it off because the game isn't designed to work without it.

Fallout 3 isn't Morrowind. Have you actually played the game we're talking about? Your stats don't affect if you actually hit anything in real-time, that works just like any other FPS, your weapon skills just change your damage output in real-time.

If it did work like you think it does, like Morrowind does, than the control scheme they've picked is incredibly stupid. If you don't have actually control over what you hit, if it was a stat based thing, (and it's not) just having a lock-on system is what you'd want...because pointing an aiming reticle at something and than not having your shot go there is dumb. This would be a lesson I'm sure Bethesda learned after Morrowind, because they've used a normal FPS system ever since.
    Don't throw your back out moving those goalposts.

I've posted links that literally show the math of how skills have an effect on real-time shooting, but your hate-boner is too hard for you to admit a basic fact.

Normal first-person shooters don't usually have skills you can upgrade to improve your shooting accuracy. Fallout 3 does because it's an RPG.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 09-23-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Never played the first two, but loved Fallout 3.

BANNED

Don't throw your back out moving those goalposts.

I've posted links that literally show the math of how skills have an effect on real-time shooting, but your hate-boner is too hard for you to admit a basic fact.

Normal first-person shooters don't usually have skills you can upgrade to improve your shooting accuracy. Fallout 3 does because it's an RPG.
    Do you even know what anything you posted means and how it relates to how shooting works in real-time in Fallout 3?

The stats you upgrade don't really affect your accuracy in real-time, (maybe there's a tiny effect, but I don't think it's quite what you think) they effect your damage output in real-time. They effect your accuracy in the VATS pause system, but your real-time shooting doesn't work like the VATS; if it did it would work like Morrowind, or something like a old isometric RPG. You can see just how much it doesn't work like I think you think it does by taking a gun you have basically no chance of hitting something with in VATS because you've not yet put anything to whatever skill, and then switch over to real-time and still be able to hit it.

Normal first person shooters do have weapon stats like bullet spread. Not all of them, but some of them. It also feels like just about every modern shooter has skill upgrades that make you do all kinds of things, including shooting more accurately. Call of Duty was doing perk upgrades that affect your characters accuracy and damage output before Fallout 3 even came out. Maybe CoD4: Modern Warfare multiplayer isnt FPS, maybe it's a RPG too?

BANNED

Do you even know what anything you posted means and how it relates to how shooting works in real-time in Fallout 3?
    Do you? You have not played the game a significant amount of time.

The stats you upgrade don't really affect your accuracy in real-time, (maybe there's a tiny effect, but I don't think it's quite what you think)
    Skill level is the largest number in the formula. That seemingly tiny number is per skill point.

You can see just how much it doesn't work like I think you think it does by taking a gun you have basically no chance of hitting something with in VATS because you've not yet put anything to whatever skill, and then switch over to real-time and still be able to hit it.
    Make up your mind.
    Either it has good FPS mechanics with spread just like in other FPSes and you can hit stuff, no problem, or stick with your original statement that you can't hit what you're aiming at.

Normal first person shooters do have weapon stats like bullet spread. Not all of them, but some of them. It also feels like just about every modern shooter has skill upgrades that make you do all kinds of things, including shooting more accurately. Call of Duty was doing perk upgrades that affect your characters accuracy and damage output before Fallout 3 even came out. Maybe CoD4: Modern Warfare multiplayer isnt FPS, maybe it's a RPG too?
    We're not saying it's an RPG because it has this novel concept of weapon spread that no game ever has done before. We're saying it's an RPG because weapon accuracy is in part determined by how many skill points you've put in the relevant skills. And you repeating over and over again that it's just a tiny effect over and over again doesn't make it any more true, unles you prefer SMGs and shotguns in a game that heavily favours a sniper build.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-24-2016 at 02:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Make up your mind.
    Either it has good FPS mechanics with spread just like in other FPSes and you can hit stuff, no problem, or stick with your original statement that you can't hit what you're aiming at.
    I didn't say it does have good FPS mechanics.

We're not saying it's an RPG because it has this novel concept of weapon spread that no game ever has done before. We're saying it's an RPG because weapon accuracy is in part determined by how many skill points you've put in the relevant skills. And you repeating over and over again that it's just a tiny effect over and over again doesn't make it any more true, unles you prefer SMGs and shotguns in a game that heavily favours a sniper build.
    In real-time your skills have basically nothing to do with if you hit something, it does not work like VATS, which is where all your stats really determines if you hit something or not. Weapon accuracy can be improved in Modern Warfare with perks too, Modern Warfare multiplayer is RPG. Binary Domain does this, Binary Domain is an RPG. GTA 5 does this, GTA 5 is an RPG.

Astonishing Member

ITT: Another angry shouty guy on the internet with an opinion

If you don't like it....you should know that Wasteland 3 was just announced
    http://realotakugamer.com/wasteland-...been-announced

wow thats a long video
    The J-man