Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default No Man's Sky: An open universe game.

This game sounds so cool. Have you heard about it?

BANNED

I saw the original preview. Basically running around planets via arwing. The idea looked good until they made some random enemy. They could just slap a bumper-sticker on it and call it "Metroid Ranger". Otherwise I did enjoy the over all graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
    I saw the original preview. Basically running around planets via arwing. The idea looked good until they made some random enemy. They could just slap a bumper-sticker on it and call it "Metroid Ranger". Otherwise I did enjoy the over all graphics.
    We've had procedurally generated games before but no where near on this scale. 18 quintillion planets. It's literally so vast I think people have a hard time grasping it. Even if this game fails the technology created to make it could very well revolutionize game making. This might be the game that sows the seed to the completely artificial universes that we all envision the future being filled with. And by universe I mean literally universe. A lot of games, throw that word around when referring to games that feature a few planets, or a few galaxies. But in this games case it's quite literal.

Art Director Grant Duncan describes their procedural journey

BANNED

The game sounds really interesting. But what's interesting mostly seems to be the big idea behind it, and the tech that's behind that. I've seen a bunch of stuff for the game, and I'm still not really sure it will be fun to actually play though. They seem to like throwing a lot of big numbers around, but the more I see the more I just think it would maybe have been more interesting to take the stuff they did and do it in a more foused game.

BANNED

What's less interesting is that the creators are incredibly silent about what the game is actually about, storywise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What's less interesting is that the creators are incredibly silent about what the game is actually about, storywise.
    It doesn't seem to be a about the story.