Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Sorry, gotta call bs on the last paragraph, because we all know HQ and Deadshot are safe for life.
    Okay, Harley Quinn is probably the safest of them all given that she is incredibly popular and has her own ongoing, I'm just saying I prefer the idea that for a group called the suicide squad no one should really be safe and that the cast should rotate more then just being Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang as it has been for I don't know how many years so far.

It's just always rubbed me the wrong way how we can have a main core line-up for a team where everyone isn't supposed to make it out of every mission.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I agree w/ the others that this just hasn't been very good. Too many parts seem uninteresting or have forced/cheesy dialog. A bit of a disappointment from Rob Williams.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    It's a little early for me to believe Boomerang is dead. No matter how it looked.

(Of course, with Rebirth underway, they could bring back his son Owen, a character who never even got a thorough backstory and was abandoned largely unexplored. But I'd hope they wouldn't put him in the Suicide Squad.)
    Agreed. Lets wait for the other shoe to drop

I know it's impossible but I wish that Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang would stop being a part of the squad. We all know they won't die or stay dead. Give people like Polka-Dot Man and Kite-Man a chance on the squad, I want characters that aren't ever used.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay, Harley Quinn is probably the safest of them all given that she is incredibly popular and has her own ongoing, I'm just saying I prefer the idea that for a group called the suicide squad no one should really be safe and that the cast should rotate more then just being Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang as it has been for I don't know how many years so far.

It's just always rubbed me the wrong way how we can have a main core line-up for a team where everyone isn't supposed to make it out of every mission.
    Ostrander's squad had a stable lineup with maybe one or two characters popping up for a mission or two
    If anything Harley,Deadshot, and Boomerang being the constants on the group is better

Wasn't a big fan of the main story. The character interactions and exchanges weren't very good. They acted liked parodies of each character.

I actually loved the backup story. Captain Boomerang: Agent of Oz! I think Williams works better with introspective stories like Martian Manhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Boomerang is off to the Phantom Zone. His boots didn't show anything fleshy or bones, just smoke. Also his ''death'' looks like he's pulled into a portal.
    Wow I think you're right. I hadn't even considered that. If we're looking for an "out" there it is. I was wondering why Zod would be released from the Phantom Zone with no explaination. It sucked Boomerang in which allowed Zod to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I felt as though this issue was kind of build-up for Justice League vs Suicide Squad, I mean we just saw them gather two characters who are probably there just to fight Cyborg(Hack) and Superman(Zod). It's not entirely a bad thing because I'm actually excited for that event but it just feels so jarring how they are stacking the roster to be able to measure up.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking right when they introduced Hack. Oh it's a female Cyborg. Plus now we have the counter measure for Superman.

In defense of Rob Williams I think the real problem that keeps this issue and possibly future issues from being good is that Jim Lee can't finish an entire issues worth of art forcing the comic to be written quicker and shorter to fit what he drew. Honestly they might need to get another artist on this book.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Does it make me a bad person that i'm more excited by the prospect of Zod joining the Suicide Squad then I am saddened by the death of Captain Boomerang?

Anywho the story was decent, but I agree that the art looks abit too 90'sish in places.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

Replace Digger with Ed Peale.

BANNED

Even though SS is just okay, I think this was the funniest joke in any comic this week:

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Even though SS is just okay, I think this was the funniest joke in any comic this week:
    Just curious, what was the joke?
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

The juxtaposition of Harley monologuing about serious political issues amid ultra violence. Frankly, the idea of Harley having Serious Political Opinions in and of itself is a joke.

Honestly their was probably about two jokes crammed on every page of the main story and the only one that I found even remotely funny was the "I can boomerang anything" joke.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The last series got off to a terrible start but really pulled itself together after the first arc. I'll give this a bit longer for the writing but god, Jim Lee's art just crushes my soul. I know he has a following, and i can see a level of technical ability there but I just loathe it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Rob Williams must have felt really mortified about the scene of Killer Croc vomiting on the helicopter being cut from the theatrical version of Ayer's Suicide Squad. In the first two official issues of this new volume, Mr. Waylon Jones has likely thrown up more than in all prior appearances combined.