Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i wouldn't call film version of harley "goofball" .. she's loud and obnoxious, but her story is very tragic in suicide squad. and very beautiful. she's a great combination of danger, crazy, fun, sexual energy, and sadness.

Which is what I prefer. She's a far more compelling character (to me at least) when the tragic nature of her obsession with the Joker is explored. I very much dislike the current books "Deadpool-lite" tone.

If they try to base her solo movie on the current series I'll likely skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    She yelled at him to own it and then everyone gave her dirty looks and Digger made a comment bout everything coming out her mouth being a knife fight. I think most people didnt see that scene as harley helping him. Did it help him sure but atleast no one in that bar or me saw that as harley intentions.
    no one likes a bearer of bad news in the heat of the moment. but there's no denying the change she forced in his heart which allowed him to save the day

I can handle Harley in small doses, but an entire movie?

I'll pass.

I'm waiting to see Wonder Woman before I get excited for this, but cautiously optimistic. Stupid ending aside, I thought she and Deadshot were two of the few parts of SS that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I guess I just don't get it, but I don't read the comics of her. She is a murderous psychopath... but because she's hot, its ok? I mean... she is kinda DC's "Deadpool" but at least Deadpool does his killings for the money and has some honor (and movie version kills bad people basically). Harley just murders for fun. So... what is the good guy hook here? After SS, you obviously can't expect WB to take this in a dark direction? So is it just put everyone in booty shorts and make them laugh and we are all good?
    Yea, movie Deadpool fought mostly gangsters and hired guns, and helped that girl get rid of her stalker. Movie Harley aided the Joker in the brutal murder of Jason Todd, a 20 year old something kid. She also murdered some prison guards. The fact that she's seen as empowering or even sympathetic is pretty stupid. Oh well, if you lack male genitals you get that honor.

I'm glad this is happening
    A harley quinn movie will consolidate all the best aspects of suicide squad
    Not sure what the plot will be although it will have to somewhat involve the Joker considering how suicide squad ended

Deadpool comparisons are dumb
    Deadpool spent the entire movie exposing against heroism and altruism putting down colossus etc
    Harley Quinn saved the world and motivated the team to continue when she had no real compulsion to go on once her bomb was deactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no one likes a bearer of bad news in the heat of the moment. but there's no denying the change she forced in his heart which allowed him to save the day
    Thats not the same as her intentionally doing something altruistic. People keep pointing out she stuck around when her bomb was off. She had nowherr else to go and the mission was interesting. Digger coming back(because hes not insane), deadshot,diablo even Killer Croc protecting the seals in the the subway seemed more redeemable then her. They shoulda kept her out of robins death, the fact he was probaly atleast 20 makes it not as bad but he still woulda been a child in comparison.

Side note what was with Deadshots fantasy. Everyones made sense but his, he wanted to prove to his daughter he wasnt a POS. And his fantasy was that he killed batman in front of his daughter. His fantasy seemed off to me. Even harleys was something sweet. But not the guy who actually seems to have a heart.

BANNED

I think it's great for Harley to get her own movie, perhaps Ben Affleck can be a producer and help with ideas and story structure, etc.

Very curious what the plot, characters and so on will be, or will we get more Joker and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I can handle Harley in small doses, but an entire movie?

I'll pass.
    Depends on who else is in it. If they also have Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Batgirl, and Renee Montoya in it then I am the first one in line to watch it. If it's just her and the Joker I'll pass on it.

Ultimate Member

I think that they've pretty much said that it won't just be a Harley solo movie, that they'll have other female DC characters at least show up and play a part...so more like they're just using Harley to introduce other characters it sounds like...

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thats not the same as her intentionally doing something altruistic. People keep pointing out she stuck around when her bomb was off. She had nowherr else to go and the mission was interesting. Digger coming back(because hes not insane), deadshot,diablo even Killer Croc protecting the seals in the the subway seemed more redeemable then her. They shoulda kept her out of robins death, the fact he was probaly atleast 20 makes it not as bad but he still woulda been a child in comparison.

Side note what was with Deadshots fantasy. Everyones made sense but his, he wanted to prove to his daughter he wasnt a POS. And his fantasy was that he killed batman in front of his daughter. His fantasy seemed off to me. Even harleys was something sweet. But not the guy who actually seems to have a heart.
    really, no where else to go. she thought it "sounded interesting." are you for real? talk about headcanon

Just as long as the line:

"We're the bad guys, its what we do."

Never comes out of her mouth again.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Just as long as the line:

"We're the bad guys, its what we do."

Never comes out of her mouth again.
    Weird, I haven't seen the movie yet (waiting on blu-ray) but from the previews I freaking loved that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Weird, I haven't seen the movie yet (waiting on blu-ray) but from the previews I freaking loved that line.
    You should go see it in theaters! Well worth it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    You should go see it in theaters! Well worth it.
    Money and car troubles man. Hasn't been a great year for getting out and having events. Cheaper to just wait for it to come out on disc. Luckily I got a 50-inch TV last year, not quite a theater experience but it's pretty sweet picture. Sound could be better, I'll have to invest in surround sound someday, I'm constantly adjusting volume up and done. But it is what it is.