Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Unless it's Storm then he forgets that the woman controls the wind. First there was this:

and now there is this:

At this point, Bunn only seems to write Storm as jobbing to characters she can beat with ease to tell his story. It's lazy writing and he needs to be called out on it.

Agreed. This is beyond absurd at this point. No way Archangel should be able to take her out.

Side note: Didn't know Bunn wrote that Valkyrie mess too.

Bunn is an X-God!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Bunn is an X-God!
    Right now he's barely an acolyte. He hasn't been on the titles long enough to be that.

BANNED

Storm isn't infallible, and to suggest that she should be able to stop any and every attack that her powerset has a defense against 100% of the time, and then to call it bad writing if she fails to do so, is absolutely delusional fanboyism.
    Last edited by WhySoFuriousGeorge; 09-15-2016 at 03:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Storm isn't infallible, and to suggest that she should be able to stop any and every attack that her powerset has a defense against, and then to call it bad writing if she fails to do so, is absolutely delusional. Good GRIEF.
    It's not about Storm being infallible, it's about Storm being more than this. It's about him writing her competently. It's about laziness. That's what we are getting here. If she had used a wind attack, then this fight would have been over. Can't have that because then the story doesn't work. It's laziness. You would never see Magneto written that way. But it's ok because it's Storm, no it's not ok.

BANNED

It's not about Storm being infallible, it's about Storm being more than this. It's about him writing her competently. It's about laziness. That's what we are getting here. If she had used a wind attack, then this fight would have been over. Can't have that because then the story doesn't work. It's laziness. You would never see Magneto written that way. But it's ok because it's Storm, no it's not ok.
    And Storm wouldn't pull her punches against one of her oldest friends? She wouldn't be slightly off her game because she doesn't want this fight to happen to begin with, as has been well established in this mini-series thus far? You're just going to *assume* that Bunn is writing it this way because it's Storm and not Magneto? I'm sorry, but that's a reach.

BANNED

And Storm wouldn't pull her punches against one of her oldest friends? She wouldn't be slightly off her game because she doesn't want this fight to happen to begin with, as has been well established in this mini-series thus far? You're just going to *assume* that Bunn is writing it this way because it's Storm and not Magneto? I'm sorry, but that's a reach.
    Not when the entire mutant race is at stake and a war with the inhumans is the outcome, yes, Storm wouldn't pull her punches. She would do whatever it took and she would not have to kill or do significant harm to stop him. Lazy writing is lazy writing.

Not trying to make this into another Storm Vs. thread but...

Storm isn't infallible, and to suggest that she should be able to stop any and every attack that her powerset has a defense against 100% of the time, and then to call it bad writing if she fails to do so, is absolutely delusional fanboyism.
    She shouldn't be able to defend against every attack but projectiles like Warren's feathers are well within her powers to deflect. All in all, it's not the worst thing writers have done to her so I'm not gonna sweat it that much.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    She shouldn't be able to defend against every attack but projectiles like Warren's feathers are well within her powers to deflect. All in all, it's not the worst thing writers have done to her so I'm not gonna sweat it that much.
    And again, just because someone CAN do something relatively easily doesn't mean that they will do it every single time. Everyone makes mistakes, especially in times of stress and conflict, and Storm has been extremely hesitant to commit to open conflict with Magneto's team and that's been well-established so far.

BANNED

Not when the entire mutant race is at stake and a war with the inhumans is the outcome, yes, Storm wouldn't pull her punches. She would do whatever it took and she would not have to kill or do significant harm to stop him. Lazy writing is lazy writing.
    To say that Storm wouldn't make a mistake in a conflict she doesn't want to fight, against a friend that she doesn't want to fight, is not realistic. To call it "lazy writing" isn't justified. Storm isn't perfect, and she CAN make mistakes, even against something that would otherwise be easy for her to do.

I'm sitting here looking at the panel, and how despondent Storm seems about even having to do that to Archangel, and how it *appears* that Archangel is down for the count, and I just do not understand why it's so difficult to grasp that Storm just didn't see the attack coming.
    Last edited by WhySoFuriousGeorge; 09-15-2016 at 03:31 PM.

BANNED

And again, just because someone CAN do something relatively easily doesn't mean that they will do it every single time. Everyone makes mistakes, especially in times of stress and conflict, and Storm has been extremely hesitant to commit to open conflict with Magneto's team and that's been well-established so far.
    It's still not a justification for really lazy writing, especially when Magneto gets no handicap.

Wait, are you looking for a fight? You're kind of barking up the wrong tree here.

I consider this another case of PIS, and I'm already over it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

It's still not a justification for really lazy writing, especially when Magneto gets no handicap.
    Really, no handicap? I guess those power fluctuations he's been having in UXM aren't a handicap, then? This is even more of a reach.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Interested to see how this wraps up. Ulysses looks a mess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait, are you looking for a fight? You're kind of barking up the wrong tree here.

I consider this another case of PIS, and I'm already over it.
    I'm not sure what PIS stands for, but if you're over it, I'm over it.