Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Another couple of contenders who've been totally neglected so far-

Whatever happened to the Pre-COIE Barry and Kara who went back with Post-COIE Superman, Lois and Parallax to stop COIE.

Superman just says that they set off elsewhere along with Parallax. And I believe Parallax has shown up on New 52/Rebirth earth since then. What happened to Barry and Kara though? Could they possibly be showing up?

Plus, with Rebirth Barry now remembering COIE, seemingly, it does beg the question...

The Bart and Connor idea is great too.

This makes me think of Oz as a game show host. "You can trade in what you have won for what's behind door number 1."
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

All-New Member

How long do people think DC will 'string' the Oz mystery out for?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't think it will be a quick reveal. I think at least a year if not longer will go by with Oz popping up here and there before his motives are really shown.

There's a 2-year plan with Rebirth right? So I could see us getting a few more teases and a big reveal at the end of the year, and then we continue onward towards a climax in the second year.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a 2-year plan with Rebirth right? So I could see us getting a few more teases and a big reveal at the end of the year, and then we continue onward towards a climax in the second year.
    Yep, if i'm remembering right there's at least a 2-year plan with Rebirth, and I think the overall initiative is supposed to last around 5 years.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Yep, if i'm remembering right there's at least a 2-year plan with Rebirth, and I think the overall initiative is supposed to last around 5 years.
    Wow, just from that alone it already sounds like this is a lot better planned then most comic initiatives, especially compared to the New 52 .

As I've said before, the way this "event" is being rolled out gives me flashbacks to Crisis on Infinite Earths which makes me excited about this. There seems to be a solid plan coming from Rebirth. The entire year prior to the release of COIE #1, readers saw bits and pieces from the Monitor across various titles. The Monitor seemed villainous as he began to appear more and more leading up to COIE. This makes me believe that Oz isn't really a bad guy here, at least in his own mind and despite how some of his actions may come across.
    I'm positive that this isn't the last we've seen of restored memories, reappearing characters and supposed deaths/kidnappings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's Conner and Bart. The real Conner and Bart

Note that the last panel showing Tim and the other cages next to him has Tim saying "My friends will come."

Now who were Tim's best friends?
    Oh man that would be perfect. I'd love a scene where Tim Kon and Bart are captured and start reconnecting and remembering their past relationships, and how royally screwed up the New 52 universe was from Tim's perspective.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I'm surprised DC isn't using the Risen or Monsieur Stigmonus in this story at all. Given his powers and what he strove for in Hal's run of the spectre he'd sure make an interesting villain in this case. Also new Gods and Source wall I would think should be coming into play as that thing seems to run a lot.

Throwing in there along with Bart and Conner, maybe the original Solstice, and if we're dealing with love here I would say John C's wife as well since she'd be someone that could get to him and him to the other magic users. Another one might be Rochart (can't spell his name sorry) and let's not forget the fact that he has Doomsday now as well which could be very very bad for everything. Then there's the implications in JL with the strange looking beings that seem to imply the connections to the energies that govern the DCU in the first place. So many options here. Not to mention Wild Storm and Milestone characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Pandora Died because Manhantan finally ran her down. She has been trying to oppose him from the beginning of flashpoint till her death. But she didn't have the power to do so anymore after reality warped so she sought out to make herself more powerful and keep an eye on the heroes she gathered from various worlds to make sure they survive to fight him.

She just ran out of time and she made the mistake of not telling anyone her real goals or writing anything down. So Manhattan see's her death as a necessary one to keep his little world in a bottle going as he toys with it.
    and yet abra kadabra seemed to think manhattan was the one who let wally loose from the speed force with his pre-2nd tampering* memories restored

i think manhattan set the ball rolling; but Oz is the one in control now

besides; pandora's description seems more like vedit than osterman; to say nothing of the ancient greek thing

*as in; he remembers a slightly/somewhat different post-crisis era than we do