Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    DC Comics Historian
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    268

    Default Behind Oz's Prison Door(s)

    It has to be the JSA right? I mean, when he was talking about Superman he said whomever was behind the door would have an opinion. I don't think it's Manhattan in there.

  2. #2
    BANNED colonyofcells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,586

    Default

    Maybe when Oz stole the 10 years, this caused multiple versions to be created so now Oz is collecting the extra versions. Oz probably has the new 52 superman, new 52 lois lane, etc. As for the 1950s jsa, they were sent to limbo by Johnny Thunder.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member upgrayedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    I think Oz is a combination of Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandus, he will by called Dr. OZ
    I have no beef with Vegans

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Lonewolf36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Did Pandora die in DC Rebirth #1 are was she added to Oz's collection?

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Did Pandora die in DC Rebirth #1 are was she added to Oz's collection?
    After what happened this week in 'Tec its worth consideration. Basically every death since Rebirth started is now in doubt.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    63,895

    Default

    I think it's Conner and Bart. The real Conner and Bart

    Note that the last panel showing Tim and the other cages next to him has Tim saying "My friends will come."

    Now who were Tim's best friends?

  7. #7
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    I say this again: 90s characters are the most probable victims of Mr Oz.
    "Words change our spirits, but we also change the spirit of the words "

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I say this again: 90s characters are the most probable victims of Mr Oz.
    Yes, Kyle Rayner could be another one.

  9. #9
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I say this again: 90s characters are the most probable victims of Mr Oz.
    Victims, or rescuees, though?

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Maybe when Oz stole the 10 years, this caused multiple versions to be created so now Oz is collecting the extra versions. Oz probably has the new 52 superman, new 52 lois lane, etc. As for the 1950s jsa, they were sent to limbo by Johnny Thunder.
    Was it Oz who stole the 10 years? I thought it was Manhattan.

  11. #11
    All-New Member Mr Vigilant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    What I don't get is that if "they" wanted Tim Drake "off the field" why not just let him die in the drone attack. Problem solved. Permanently. Or at least as permanent as death is in a comic book.

  12. #12
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vigilant View Post
    What I don't get is that if "they" wanted Tim Drake "off the field" why not just let him die in the drone attack. Problem solved. Permanently. Or at least as permanent as death is in a comic book.
    DC evidently has bigger plans for Tim than to simply kill him off. I'd also like to believe that DC was conscious that it has gone to the "Let's Kill Robin!" well too often as it is.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  13. #13
    All-New Member Mr Vigilant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    DC evidently has bigger plans for Tim than to simply kill him off. I'd also like to believe that DC was conscious that it has gone to the "Let's Kill Robin!" well too often as it is.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    No argument here, but it doesn't hold up too well in the internal logic of the story - why would Oz rescue someone he wants out of the picture at the very moment they are about to leave that picture. It's a bit like the villain revealing his plans to the hero before leaving him to escape the deadly trap...

  14. #14
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vigilant View Post
    No argument here, but it doesn't hold up too well in the internal logic of the story - why would Oz rescue someone he wants out of the picture at the very moment they are about to leave that picture. It's a bit like the villain revealing his plans to the hero before leaving him to escape the deadly trap...
    A popular fan theory at the moment is that Oz is rounding up DC characters (such as Tim) who debuted or rose to their greatest prominence during the 1990s, and to have some extent seen their role in the DCU diminish as a result of FLASHPOINT and the emergence of the New 52. Time will tell exactly how it all fits together. For now, keep your eye on Kyle Rayner: it's being forecast that he's likely next to be abducted by Oz.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  15. #15
    All-New Member Mr Vigilant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    It just occured to me however, that maybe Tim dying was the event that would tie together the threads Oz didn't want tying... that would make more sense... but like you say, time will tell...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •