Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Faerber's "Copperhead" Strikes in September

There's a new sheriff in town, and she isn't here to make friends. Jay Faerber talks with CBR about his new sci-fi Western series from Image Comics.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

I'm still a bit uncertain what sort of "feel" this book is going to have. I understand the world, but not what kind of stories we're going to get out of the world. Are we talking murder mystery, corporate espionage, war, crime, adventure, etc? Is the book going to have a comedic element?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I'm still a bit uncertain what sort of "feel" this book is going to have. I understand the world, but not what kind of stories we're going to get out of the world. Are we talking murder mystery, corporate espionage, war, crime, adventure, etc? Is the book going to have a comedic element?
    More than anything, it's a western. But there's a murder that's going to be solved, there's definitely some action. A little wry humor. Which is why I classify it as a western more than anything else.

-- Jay

I don't know any of the creators on this but I am good and intrigued by it. Looking forward to checking it out.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

When I saw the preview a couple of weeks ago it had me at the word go especially the conversation between the sheriff and the deputy

Looking forward to it.

Really excited about this. Copperhead, Spread, Low. Image is fire this summer!
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Faerber View Post
    More than anything, it's a western. But there's a murder that's going to be solved, there's definitely some action. A little wry humor. Which is why I classify it as a western more than anything else.

-- Jay
    You sir, have earned a new reader. This book looks really good. Love me some Space Western!

Incredible Member

-- Jay
    Sounds great! Thanks for the feedback and good luck on the book!! I pre-ordered this and Roche Limit last weekend and am looking forward to both of them!!

Always got room for quality space westerns. Looking forward to trying this out. Good luck!

-- Jay
    This could be my new favorite title, a space western is right up my alley. I tried to get into East of West and just couldn't, not a fan of overly convoluted storyline in a monthly title. Hopefully this turns out for me what East of West should've been.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

All-New Member

Really looking forward to this and some more post issue pop culture advice from the master of pop culture Jay Faerber.

Intriguing... I just might check this out.
    #MagnetoWasRight

I've enjoyed most of what Jay Faerber has written, but I think he suffers from plot impatience. Some of his books feel like they skip over things just to jump to the cool scenes. I hope Jay takes this series more slowly as Westerns are best when there's a slow pressure build up to the standoff. I'm very happy to see him continue putting out creator-owned material. Hope this series catches fire.

I haven't read any of his other stuff. But this one is right up my alley, so he will get my money for at least 6 issues.

Pre-ordered. I love westerns. And being a western in space just gives it so many more possibilities for stories. Sounds really cool.