Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    My opinions:

+ I find this really weird. I mean, except for Earth-616 (merged with the Ultimate Universe), and the worlds connected to the Spider-Verse, it seems all the other realities were destroyed. The world of the Maestro, the future 2099 of Captain America, Technopolis, Old Man Logan's world... etc. I want to believe that this world is actually a pocket dimension, like the one from Heroes Reborn, where the Parker family is trapped. And in the future, they will escape somehow and live in the main reality; possibly merging with their counterparts and restoring the continuity of the marriage.

+ I knew this book should be similar to the Fantastic Four, after all. It clearly proves a perfect chance to fulfil the emptiness left in the world after the 4F disappeared from Marvel.

+ If the Regent still existed in this reality, I don't get why they had to remove his futuristic technology. It cause a continuity problem after all.

+ "Peter is an overprotective parent, MJ is a little more loose". Not surprised. After all, MJ with Spider-Powers would be very similar to Mayday Parker, her alternative daughter from MC2.

+ MJ rejecting family uniforms like the Fantastic Four isn't a surprise either. After all, she a fashionista, and uniforms are everything but fashion.

+ I was suspecting MJ would use Regent's tech to have her powers, but I didn't expect her draining them from Peter. Humm, which way could MJ get powers on her own? Well, I have a few ideas:
    - Spider-Island's infection: This could be the perfect solution. Even if in this reality, the Spider-Island's arc never happened, we coudl still see some references to it.
    - Silk (Cindy Moon): If there's a Cindy Moon/Silk in this world too, she could be another perfect solution. Cindy's ability to use silk to create her costume could match perfectly with MJ's fashionista's sense. If this Cindy was trapped into a bunker too and she's freed too, she could wish to have a normal life too. So, MJ could use the Regent's technology to drain Cindy's power completely. That way, this Cindy could have a normal life and MJ get powers. This coudl work with other Spider-Women, like Mattie Franklin.
    - Iron Spider armor: Just like her main counterpart. In case Iron Man is still alive and the Iron Spider armor was created in this world too, it could work for "Spder-Mom" in the same way that Main MJ. Also, one of the Iron Spider armor's abilities was changing its look to look like other costumes or to turn transparent. That's something that MJ the fashionista would love too.

+ I don't get it. It's supposed that the Regent killed all the other powered heroes to steal their powers, and now they are supposed to be alive. What stupidity is this?

+ One more thing. After defeating the Regent, Peter did it unmasked and MJ's face was clearly saw by all the people around. So, shouldn't Peter and MJ's "secret idetities" being known by everyone?

Well, anyone shares my points of view?
    Web Warriors contradicts your theory.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Web Warriors contradicts your theory.
    Didn't I mention that ALL the worlds involved in Spider-Verse could have been restored after all? Well, this married Spider-Man made a cameo during the ultimate fight against the Inheritors, so his world could have been restored after all.

However, it's very suspictious the fact that in "Amazing Spider-Man #15", Peter, MJ and the Regent had the Deja Vu feeling during their fight. Why was that? I don't know, but it's not something quite regular, because I haven't seen other characters having this feeling in comics in such situations. That makes me suspect that the Parkers of this reality could actually be closer to the Main Reality than what we think. It's like both versions of Peter and MJ are especially connected somehow; and Mephisto could have something to do with this after all.

BANNED

I just facepalm whenever people have to say this book is an out of continuity non-canon nostalgia trip book much like X-Men 92 has been and that it only exists to keep the raging MJ/Peter Shippers Happy

if that was the case then why would they put Conway And Stegman on it? seems a bit overkill for a book that's only purpose is to shut up the angry fans of the spider-marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    I just facepalm whenever people have to say this book is an out of continuity non-canon nostalgia trip book much like X-Men 92 has been and that it only exists to keep the raging MJ/Peter Shippers Happy

if that was the case then why would they put Conway And Stegman on it? seems a bit overkill for a book that's only purpose is to shut up the angry fans of the spider-marriage
    yeah, anyone who says that has their head up their arse. with the amount of resources required to launch a new title (no matter who the talent on board is), pleasing a few shippers would not be worth it. someone at marvel believes this title deserves to exist in its own right, and only time will tell.
    troo fan or death

BANNED

it just seems a little weird that Marvel would suddenly put out a book like this just to please a few angry people on the internet

there's something more at work here....

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that RYV and the main ASM might cross over in some way in the future. I could definitely see Dan Slott wanting to write a Spider-Man story with Gerry Conway.

BANNED

i do wonder what this means for spider-girl however(Mayday Parker)

Not a big fan of Stegman tbh, but I love the concept of the book and felt relieved with the source of MJ spider-powers, it makes sense. Creating a brand new universe sounds great... It would be awesome having a real Avengers team or the FF around.
    It's going to be fun seeing how RYV performs compared to the canon spidey books, hopefully we pro-marriage supporters can teach Quesada/Mephisto a lesson this time.

I wonder how Jonah is going to react to Spider-Man apparently having a wife and kid out on patrol with him? Is he going to call out Spidey for child endangerment ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that RYV and the main ASM might cross over in some way in the future. I could definitely see Dan Slott wanting to write a Spider-Man story with Gerry Conway.
    I could see that happening, but I want the Parkers as far away from 616 as possible. Let them live their own lives and in their own world away from the craziness of the main Marvel universe and having to tie-in to that, let alone dealing with the main universe Peter and MJ.

i do wonder what this means for spider-girl however(Mayday Parker)
    Probably nothing, given Marvel doesn't really care about Spider-Girl, especially if it's Mayday.

Though if Annie catches on, I fully-expect Marvel to promote her harder then they ever promoted Mayday.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

What if they pulled a DC Rebirth and the RYV Spidey brought his family to the 616 and became the 'primary' Spider-Man?

Not likely, but a fun thought!

Conway actually addressed this on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...02639795982336

Someone asked if the Avengers and X-Men were still alive in the RYV 'verse, and Conway says they are "alive and well."

(RYV #1 is due on November 9th.)
    Thanks, I don't want to miss the first issue.

I'd love to see DD and Urich in this book, And Johnny Storm/FF as well.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Mole Man was the villain in the very first Fantastic Four comic. He should be a bigger deal, I say!
    He is beneath everyone but nothing is beneath him!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

it just seems a little weird that Marvel would suddenly put out a book like this just to please a few angry people on the internet

there's something more at work here....
    I'm pretty sure what's going on here is "this book was popular and made money, let's make more of it".

Astonishing Member

The original was great and I'm hoping this continues. I think it will with the great GERRY CONWAY writing this. It's the first Marvel book I've ordered since dropping TASM (Vol. 4) #5