Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default 12 Marvel Heroes Who Never Had a Solo Series – But Should

Original article: http://www.cbr.com/12-marvel-heroes-...es-but-should/

I have a problem with the semantics. The title implies these characters never had a solo series but some did, such as Firestar and Kitty, but the Facebook comments say that limited series don't count as solo outings.

But anyways I always wanted Gladiator (the Shi'ar guy) to have his own series.

Astonishing Member

Pretty sure Tigra had a solo title in the Seventies. Would love to see an Iceman in a solo book but... he did have 2 limited series runs one in the eighties, one in the nineties if I'm not mistaken.

Every character deserves a chance to prove their value but keep a solo magazine is not easy.

I certainly buy Songbird, Iceman, Cyclops (should have been old and not the teenager to gain a solo magazine), Firestar, Kitty and Justice.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Hey, someone remembered that Husk is a character that exists. Much as I love Paige, I'm not sure she can support a solo, though I suppose it would depend on the creative team.

Husk is funny. Iceman needs to happen now more than ever.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Pretty sure Tigra had a solo title in the Seventies. Would love to see an Iceman in a solo book but... he did have 2 limited series runs one in the eighties, one in the nineties if I'm not mistaken.
    It was just a 6 (or 5?) issue stint in one of the old anthology titles had in the 70's.

I am pretty much done with Marvel but, I would buy a Tigra series in a heartbeat. Unless they replaced her with a plucky teen-aged mary-sue, that is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Claws of....the Cat! or something like that.

Look at my avatar. Look at my sig. It's easy to guess who I think is 55 years overdue for one.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Make that three of the twelve. Balder and Justice had 4-issue limited series in 1985 and 1994, respectively.

What were they called? When I looked them up on the wiki, Balder came up blank and Justice brought up a 1950s pre-Comic Code crime title and a 1980s New Universe one, neither related to the former New Warrior and Avenger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What were they called? When I looked them up on the wiki, Balder came up blank and Justice brought up a 1950s pre-Comic Code crime title and a 1980s New Universe one, neither related to the former New Warrior and Avenger.

Check them out at mycomicshop.com

Balder the Brave
    Justice Four Balance
    Taskmaster (2 minis)
    Firestar
    Gravity
    Tigra (1 ongoing Cat and 1 mini Tigra)
    Shadowcat (as Mekanix)
    Iceman (2 minis)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Look at my avatar. Look at my sig. It's easy to guess who I think is 55 years overdue for one.
    Jessica Alba? ??

Mighty Member

I'd love a Justice book. On a related note, I'd also love a Vance Astro book. Since they were recently brought back, Guardians 3000 have been having difficulties maintaining a presence. There are a lot of reasons for this. Personally, I think a quality Vance or Vance and Nikki book could go a long way towards revitalizing the brand.