Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Jessica Alba? ??
    You've made an enemy today sir....
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Claws of....the Cat! or something like that.
    Yeah. That lasted 5 issues too. I don't count it as a Tigra series though.

Put Peter David (not Nick Spencer) on a Rick Jones ongoing, and you've got me .

I miss Gravity, Firestar, and Balder .

When was the last time we saw Tigra? That one arc of She-Hulk?

I'd love Black Cat to get an ongoing series, but chances are Marvel would probably use it to expand on this Queenpin nonsense they keep pushing for a character, so that's a no-go. Shame that one of Spider-Man's oldest female supporting characters and who was once his partner (in more ways then one) is continually getting the short end of the stick.

Things as they are now, Bendis would probably be doing a Kitty ongoing wherein nothing of consequence would happen and he'd get to keep pushing StarKat.

Songbirg probably can't hold an ongoing, but give me the right creative team and I'd read it in a heartbeat .

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Iceman is an extremely logical choice. I know the complexities going on, but it's a story that can add something different and it's a good idea to play up Marvel's diversity since they worked so hard to establish it.

I'm surprised Firestar didn't have one a long time ago.

Eh, I'd pass on Husk. Rick Jones made far more sense a long time ago. Balder would have been a big deal in the 70s, but not so much anymore.

Black Cat would be logical right now with books like Kingpin coming out. They might as well milk the status quo before the inevitable reset.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Look at my avatar. Look at my sig. It's easy to guess who I think is 55 years overdue for one.
    Times 1,000,000,000!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'd give Marvel my money for a Songbird solo if they put a great creative team on the book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Black Cat would be logical right now with books like Kingpin coming out. They might as well milk the status quo before the inevitable reset.
    Well, they kinda already are with how many books they're shoving her into...

Incredible Member

Ok. Greer Nelson has had three distinct shots at series. Claws of the Cat, Greer's original Marvel series. Second run was as Tigra in Marvel Chillers, lasted around 5 issues. Third was a limited series with Tigra re-establishing her Greer Nelson identity as a cop , if i recall correctly. Add to that, she has had long story arcs in the various Avengers titles.

Were she to get another 'go' at a series, it would require a writer like Steve Englehart or Geoff Johns. They have the ability to look at a character's entire history and pull from it to create new character centric stories. They don't ignore it or make wholesale changes to it. There aren't a lot of writers with that ability around currently.

Tigra would be a great subject for a writer like that, though.

Incredible Member

Out of the list presented the only characters I'd be interested in seeing get a solo series are Taskmaster, Rick Jones, Iceman, and Songbird. Think they would be the most interesting personally, particularly since I'd love to see Rick Jones make the transition from universal sidekick to full blown hero and Iceman get treated with a little more respect than he presently does.

On a separate note I'm kinda surprised that Quicksilver hasn't received an ongoing solo series given how popular he's been in the recent years with the past 2 X-films and appearance in Age of Ultron. You would think between that and everything going on with the Inhumans that now would be the perfect time for Marvel to give Pietro his solo series, I mean they gave Wanda her own comic so why not?

Fantastic Member

Tigra took over "Marvel Chillers" after Modred the Mystic had it for two issues. Some issues featured some early John Byrne art. It was the first time I saw the Super-Skrull. (Brian Cronin had an article about why Modred was in Marvel Chillers, but I'll be darned if I try to find it with the new, broken CBR.com.

Iceman's almost a no brainer. There's a lot of different directions you could take him in.

Taskmaster could definitely work with the right creative team. If he had gotten an ongoing after the Gail Simone Deadpool/Agent-X run I would have bought it in a heartbeat

I'm kind of shocked Rick Jones hasn't had a solo before, even though the best time to give him one probably would have been in the 80s he's still in a good spot. Marvel Everyman who's seen and done almost everything.

Firestar/Justice: I think they've both missed their shots at ongoings, they've had moments where it could have worked but they're really out of the spotlight now.

Songbird: Could work with the right angle/creative team.

Husk: Maybe in the 90s it could have worked.

Kitty: eh, would have to be a great creative team. I'm not sure she has the personality for a solo.

Baldar: Can't see it.

Gravity: Could have sworn this guy had a solo...where is he anyway? He seemed about to make the leap to where Ms. Marvel was (in terms of new popular young hero) but then nothing.

Tigra: Surprised she didn't get a series along the lines of a She-Hulk or Hellcat.

Black Cat: Again shocked she hasn't already had one. Just about everyone who's a anti-hero/anti-villain in the Spider Verse gets a series, Carnage is a straight villain and has one!
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 09-17-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post

On a separate note I'm kinda surprised that Quicksilver hasn't received an ongoing solo series given how popular he's been in the recent years with the past 2 X-films and appearance in Age of Ultron. You would think between that and everything going on with the Inhumans that now would be the perfect time for Marvel to give Pietro his solo series, I mean they gave Wanda her own comic so why not?
    Well, Pietro being dead in the MCU probably didn't help his chances...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Pietro being dead in the MCU probably didn't help his chances...
    Yeah but he's not dead in the comics which is what's important though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    You've made an enemy today sir....
    It was funny though, your response too. I also agree about an Invisible Woman solo. Right now is the perfect time for one too. She is the one person really unaccounted for. Her and Valeria doing some mother / daughter bonding time.

I would also pick up a Songbird title. A few of the other, I'm not sure how interesting a long term series would be. Perhaps a year long maxi series, 12 issues (With the possibility of longer if sales warrant) would garner the interest.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Iceman. Make it happen!