Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Another Interview with SNYDER! Duke next Batman And true Heir to the mantle

Another Interview with SNYDER !! In this interview he said Duke can become the next Batman and is the true heir of the bat !!!!!

http://www.cbr.com/snyder-teases-duk...l-star-batman/

BANNED

I really hate that man.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I really hate that man.
    maxresdefault.jpg

10 char
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

So Snyder admits that The use of Harper is not all that great but then proceeds to push Duke this way? Is there some giant mass of Duke fans that I just don't know about it? Cause I just don't understand.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'm all for Duke Thomas joining the ranks of the Bat Family in an organic way over time, but for a writer to prematurely declare his recently-introduced pet character as Heir to the Mantle of the Bat over established, decades-old fan favorites is destined to not go over well with audiences.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

If I had any remaining desire to see Duke improve into a better character and not just some derivative insult to the Bat-Family, it's all gone now. Snyder setting up his personal pet to take over the Batman role in place of the well liked well developed characters, that really strikes a nerve.

I was thinking about the motivations behind the creation of all the Robins and why they work so well as characters. Dick was created as an audience surrogate, for young readers to connect to and feel like a part of Batmans adventures. Jason was a bit of a failure, but that failure became an important part of his character later on which redeemed him. Tim was created to modernize the character of Robin and restore the importance of Robin to the Bat-books. Damian was meant to shake up the Bat-Family and give us a shocking and fascinating new take on the superhero sidekick.

Duke was created to satisfy Scott Snyders ego. That's hard to deny at this point. He is, by far, the most worthless member of the Bat-Family right now. He's more worthless than Clayface. I won't drop Batman or ASB over this, but I am flat out rooting for Duke to fail now. I don't feel bad, he's an embarrassment to the Bat-Family and the comics industry as a whole.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Another Interview with SNYDER !! In this interview he said Duke can become the next Batman and is the true heir of the bat !!!!!

http://www.cbr.com/snyder-teases-duk...l-star-batman/
    That's not what he says. This is:

While talking with CBR, the author discussed the character’s growing importance to Gotham, and whether he might potentially don the cowl one day. “In this way, it’s fun to think about Duke as the figure that could be the next one to take on the mantle of Batman, but the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now.”

That's a big difference.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

He's going to do it, I'd wager the Murphy part of this run will pull something of this sort,haha. I liked the clone future so I wouldn't mind stories with Duke or a Black man as Batman set in that period but Snyder needs to cool it with the incessant pushing. He talks about Duke as if there's some demand for him and he's merely complying with it, create demand via good stories for this character.

BANNED

Ah clickbait, you have entered the forums as well now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now.”[/B]
    Tell him to find him a personality while hes at it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Tell him to find him a personality while hes at it.
    Yep. I hope the first thing the next writer after Snyder does is kill off Duke.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'm okay with the idea of finding a place to Duke in Gotham, but if Snyder is moving too fast and gives Duke exaggerated attributes without a proper development, only makes him a Harper 2.0.

Regarding the rest of his words, I really begin to think that Snyder likes to generate controversy and attract attention. He knows perfectly well that such statements don't leave indifferent the fans.

BANNED

Idris Elba will play Duke Batman in 2024.

Wow... someone please tell me he's joking. He knows Duke's fan-base isn't that big or that popular, right? He can't be that blind.

He talks as if everyone LOVES Duke, and that he has a HUGE fan base the size of Bruce's when in reality, he doesn't even have one! Its a little circle on Tumblr!

He's reaching.

I hope the next writer after Snyder kills Duke and the rest of Snyder's OC's off for good. Except for Julia she's cool and actually has a personality.