Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default 10 Animated Superhero Shows Cancelled Too Soon

http://www.cbr.com/10-animated-super...lled-too-soon/

What do you think of this list? Usual suspects like Young Justice or Spectacular Spider-Man made the cut, but c'mon, Avengers: United They Stand couldn't be cancelled soon enough. Where's Earth's Mightiest Heroes? That was the real kick in the teeth. And Teen Titans had a respectable run for a kid's show.

BANNED

no doubt Young Justice was going to make number one. it is one of best cartoon ever since the DCAU and like the end of the article said we can only hope it can be resurfaced on the small screen
    Last edited by AndrewBatman82; 09-17-2016 at 02:30 PM.

BANNED

Seems like a pretty shitty list. I'm not even sure how something that ran five seasons was cancelled too soon. Batman: the Animated Series ran about as long and produced less episodes, may as well put that on this list too.

Wasn't Black Panther basically just a nicer motion comic of a specific comic story that wasn't meant to run any longer? Picking stuff like that I would have went with the DC Nation Wonder Woman shorts, those are some of the coolest things they've ever done, and it's just like three one minute long cartoons. The Plastic Man pilot that was never even picked up is something I'd also put right at the top of a list of cartoons cancelled too soon, would put it at the very top of this list given it's great and never made it to air.

BANNED

Other than Super Friends and the Filmation Superman stuff, I think Teen Titans might be the longest running of the superhero cartoons.

Agree with most of them but also wanna add the Fantastic Four cartoon from 2006, Silver Surfer, the Maxx, WildC.A.T.S., Savage Dragon, and Big Guy & Rusty.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"avengers: UTS" was crap. it's no surprise that it died the way it did.

now avengers: EMH should've been on the list. it was so awesome with how it developed characters and storylines over the long term. it was the show that gave the guardians a episode, and this was at a time when hardly anyone even hard of the guardians of galaxy. (not to mention, starlord was voiced by friggin' masterchief.)

BANNED

Good list of shows. I loved the Silver Surfer. Totally loved how spacey it was.

Why are Teen Titans and X-Men: Evolution on the list? They had solid runs.

I agree with people who thinks that Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes should've been on the list.

I think MTV Spider-Man was cancelled too soon. It had different animation style, it showed lesser known villains, it was sort of based on the movie-verse. I think it deserved a second season.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chillin'_chillclops View Post
    Why are Teen Titans and X-Men: Evolution on the list? They had solid runs.

I agree with people who thinks that Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes should've been on the list.

I think MTV Spider-Man was cancelled too soon. It had different animation style, it showed lesser known villains, it was sort of based on the movie-verse. I think it deserved a second season.
    Teen Titans hits a spot where "cancelled too soon" isn't the same thing as "too short a series." If they'd resolved the plot threads in the length it lasted, then fine, but since it didn't, it needed at least one more season.

BANNED

The Avengers cartoon was garbage.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Who the hell put Avengers UTS on this list? Did they even watch that show?

Give us EMH, any day. Better yet, they should've put Spider-Man Unlimited or Silver Surfer on the list. People watched those shows, until Pokemon killed them.

Yeah, I agree on UTS. That show was not very good. Not including the big three (Cap, Tony, and Thor) was a mistake, not a brave attempt at exploring lesser known characters. I wouldn't even say that Pym, Scarlet Witch, Vision and the like are necesarily 'lesser known' that much, considering around 1998 pretty much all Avengers characters were unknowns in the public eye.

I'd likewise would have loved to see more seasons of Silver Surfer. It made some strange choices (in having Drax being an android, or how they handled Adam Warlock), but overall it had cool stories. Would have liked to see more of EMH as well.

I wouldn't say JLU was cut short before its time, seeing as how it was itself a continuation of the Justice League cartoon.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Seems like a pretty shitty list. I'm not even sure how something that ran five seasons was cancelled too soon. Batman: the Animated Series ran about as long and produced less episodes, may as well put that on this list too.

Wasn't Black Panther basically just a nicer motion comic of a specific comic story that wasn't meant to run any longer? Picking stuff like that I would have went with the DC Nation Wonder Woman shorts, those are some of the coolest things they've ever done, and it's just like three one minute long cartoons. The Plastic Man pilot that was never even picked up is something I'd also put right at the top of a list of cartoons cancelled too soon, would put it at the very top of this list given it's great and never made it to air.

Yea they sold black panther as an actual show but it was just an arc of motion comics. I cant explain how disappointed i was.

EMH should be on there and UTS should be forever forgotten.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"beware the batman" was a good show. probably the only batman cartoon to not have the joker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea they sold black panther as an actual show but it was just an arc of motion comics. I cant explain how disappointed i was.

EMH should be on there and UTS should be forever forgotten.
    At least it's the best looking motion comic they've ever done...I guess. I did like the Black Panther motion comic cartoon thing, but it did suck it wasn't a little more animated. The funny thing is Mavel's stuff now, or at least Avengers Assemble (and what I've seen of the GotG cartoon) has about as much animation as Black Panther did, but without the fidelity of the images.

The inclusion of '90s Avengers is maybe the oddest pick on the list. Is this some new thing where people that watched that a bit as a kids are acting like it was somehow good? I remember watching that as a kid, it sucked, and the lineup of characters was disappointing right off the bat. It was worse than the Marvel Action Hour stuff that was playing over on UPN.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 09-18-2016 at 12:34 PM.