Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    "beware the batman" was a good show. probably the only batman cartoon to not have the joker.
    i really miss that show because batman was in it and Anthony Ruivivar voiced a great batman. it does really suck its been almost two years since that show has ended and since then CN has releasing cartoons that has nothing but cancerous shows.

BANNED

If I were making a list of 10 superhero shows cancelled too soon, it'd probably go like:

- The Amazing Screw-On Head (Pilot)
    - Plastic Man (Pilot)
    - X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men (Pilot)
    - Wonder Woman - DC Nation shorts (three episodes)
    - The Maxx (1 season - 13 episodes)
    - Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot (2 seasons - 26 episodes)
    - The Tick (3 seasons - 36 episodes)
    - Wolverine and the X-Men (1 season - 26 episodes)
    - Young Justice (2 seasons - 46 episodes)
    - The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (2 seasons - 52 episodes)
    - Spawn (3 seasons - 18 episodes)

I guess my list of ten would also have eleven.

Actually, it'd be twelve, because I'd give an honorable mention to the not superhero show Snake 'n' Bacon; which also only made it to the pilot stage.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: The Brave and the Bold should've been on that list.

That was a really fun show that gave us a more upbeat version of the Dark Knight, showing that the character doesn't have to be a brooding loner. Sometimes he can just have awesome adventures with his superhero friends.

Also, agreed that Avengers: EMH should be on that list. That decision still baffles me.

And you what, I think that SBFF deserved a longer run. That was great little series of shorts.

Incredible Member

They ended Legion of Super Heroes to early. I really enjoyed that one. 2 seasons were not nearly enough. I was hoping they would adapt the Great Darkness saga.
    Last edited by Howard Allan; 09-18-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Earth's mightiest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-Man getting cancelled was a real piss off, especially since they both got replaced by inferior shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Give us EMH, any day. Better yet, they should've put Spider-Man Unlimited or Silver Surfer on the list. People watched those shows, until Pokemon killed them.
    Oh man, those two shows were great. If I recall correctly, they both ended on massive cliff-hangers where it was basically the end of the world.
    From gunrunners and drug cartels, to crime syndicates and super-villains, no lawbreaker is outside the Legion's jurisdiction.
    Get the E-book for Free: www.omegaopslegion.com

Does Aeon Flux count as a Super-Hero? Would have liked to have seen more episodes of her. What was interesting is each episode was self contained. So in some episodes she died at the end of the episode. And the episodes were done by different artists, so she looked different from one episode to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    At least it's the best looking motion comic they've ever done...I guess. I did like the Black Panther motion comic cartoon thing, but it did suck it wasn't a little more animated. The funny thing is Mavel's stuff now, or at least Avengers Assemble (and what I've seen of the GotG cartoon) has about as much animation as Black Panther did, but without the fidelity of the images.

The inclusion of '90s Avengers is maybe the oddest pick on the list. Is this some new thing where people that watched that a bit as a kids are acting like it was somehow good? I remember watching that as a kid, it sucked, and the lineup of characters was disappointing right off the bat. It was worse than the Marvel Action Hour stuff that was playing over on UPN.
    Didnt they all have like armored suits or someshit too...

And i didnt hate the black panther show, just thought it was a real adult cartoon but instead was a motion comic.with good voice actors but still a motion comic. They didnt have the faith in Black Panther to invest in a full cartoon.

Another show that went too soon was Batman Beyond it only had two seasons and deserved a few more. Also the spin off show Zeta project was good as well expanding the world outside of Gotham.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Another show that went too soon was Batman Beyond it only had two seasons and deserved a few more. Also the spin off show Zeta project was good as well expanding the world outside of Gotham.
    Batman Beyond got 3 seasons. It was a silly thing they were doing at the time. Superman TAS was "cancelled"/put on hiatus so they could do Batman Beyond, after STAS' 3rd season. Then Batman Beyond got 3 seasons and it was also "cancelled"/put on hiatus for Superman TAS season 4, which eventually became Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. It's why JLU ties up some of the lingering plot threads and the League goes to future Gotham on that show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    "beware the batman" was a good show. probably the only batman cartoon to not have the joker.
    For real. That's a criminally underrated show and it certainly deserved a spot more than United They Stand, Black Panther (which wasn't even a proper series, it was a motion comic) and half of the list, which had long, successful runs.

Legion of Super Heroes is a mixed one for me. On one hand, it was growing into a solid show, and another season free of corporate mandates would've made it great. Earth's Mightiest Heroes should've also been there, but I also fear what direction Loeb and Man of Action would've taken it had it gone for another season.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Didnt they all have like armored suits or someshit too...
    Not all of them I don't think, but almost all of them. Hawkeye's costume was also so lame, it's based on that really crappy '90s one he had. I mean, basically everyone had a pretty lame looking costume in that show, but Hawkeye's is like the worst. It almost feels like a cross between shitty '90s Hawkeye and shitty '90s Thor costumes.

And i didnt hate the black panther show, just thought it was a real adult cartoon but instead was a motion comic.with good voice actors but still a motion comic. They didnt have the faith in Black Panther to invest in a full cartoon.
    The funny thing is I wish Marvel's new cartoons were like Black Panther. I'll take that limited animation with good drawings, framing, and staging over the limited animation they do now with shitty drawings and bad direction any day of the week.

Mighty Member

Wow! Really? The only superhero cartoons feature DC and Marvel characters? Talk about really limiting oneself. That's how you include a series like "Avengers: United They Stand" on this list. Seriously, how do you include that show? Sometimes, the studio directors do actually make the correct decision in cancelling a show.

Superhero show that are much more deserving of being on this list:
    Gargoyles
    Sym-Bionic Titan
    Megas XLR
    Thundercats (2011 version)
    He-Man (2002 version)
    Reboot
    Shadow Raiders
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Wow! Really? The only superhero cartoons feature DC and Marvel characters? Talk about really limiting oneself. That's how you include a series like "Avengers: United They Stand" on this list. Seriously, how do you include that show? Sometimes, the studio directors do actually make the correct decision in cancelling a show.

Superhero show that are much more deserving of being on this list:
    Gargoyles
    Sym-Bionic Titan
    Megas XLR
    Thundercats (2011 version)
    He-Man (2002 version)
    Reboot
    Shadow Raiders
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    I'm pretty sure it's superhero cartoons based on comic books. Although I've never thought of a few of those things as superhero cartoons.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's superhero cartoons based on comic books. Although I've never thought of a few of those things as superhero cartoons.
    Oh, I knew that based on the opening paragraph. Still, the title of the list is "10 Animated Superhero Shows Cancelled Too Soon". Based on the title of the list, this should include superhero shows that weren't produced for Marvel and DC. The self imposed limit by the author created a pretty bad list, as you have already stated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Oh, I knew that based on the opening paragraph. Still, the title of the list is "10 Animated Superhero Shows Cancelled Too Soon". Based on the title of the list, this should include superhero shows that weren't produced for Marvel and DC. The self imposed limit by the author created a pretty bad list, as you have already stated.
    It should, but Gargoyles, He-Man, Thundercats, and ReBoot aren't superhero cartoons.

Didn't Gargoyles have a nice little run too? It was going the whole time the Batman cartoon was running on Fox.