All-New Member

Default Best mini comic series with no collected editions.

That's basically it, which are the best single issues of a mini series of all time, that haven't been collected yet. So far There's one that caught my attention, is Martian Manhunter: American Secrets #1-3 by Gerard Jones and Eduardo Barreto.

Morrison's Seaguy Slaves of Mickey Eye love it really wish they would reprint first trade and include it.

Greg Pak's Warlock, fantastic read really well done. One of the few single issue series I still own.

1963, by Alan Moore and a plethora of great artists. It would've been great to see it collected (and concluded, for that matter), but I'm afraid the time has passed for the point it wanted to make (AFAIK the conclusion would involve the heroes from that fictional universe meeting the then-current Image comics superhero lineup), and we all know Moore's stance on superheroes as of today.

Spectacular Member

Yes! Where is Seaguy vol 2?
    In fact where the heck is vol 3 so we can get it Omnibused!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Greg Pak's Warlock, fantastic read really well done. One of the few single issue series I still own.
    It's been a couple of years, but that has now shown up in the Hachette catalog with a release date this september.

Astonishing Member

Most of the early Marvel mini series from the 80s have been collected. The big exception is Jack of Hearts. It was a four issue mini by Bill Mantlo with an issue of Marvel Team Up that acted as a prelude to the mini. You could even throw in his early appearances for a nice thick trade.

Was The Weird, a 4-issue Justice League mini by Jim Starlin, ever collected? That was a cool story although I haven't read it in decades, so I don't know if it stands the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Was The Weird, a 4-issue Justice League mini by Jim Starlin, ever collected? That was a cool story although I haven't read it in decades, so I don't know if it stands the test of time.
    Yes it was collected in one of the post-Countdown to Adventure trades that Starlin did for DC after 52...one was called Strange Adventures, then two volumes of Mystery in Space I think...

There are a lot of 80s licensed mini-series I would like to see collected like Thundercats, Silverhawks, Visionaries, Air Raiders, etc.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm probably the only one, but I'd buy a Black Canary collection consisting of her early 90's series'.

The 4 issue mini ("New Wings") was actually pretty good; the 12 issue ongoing that followed started off in a similar vein, but fell apart halfway through.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES